What's new

New runners

Jestopherson

Juicy Junior
Well guys I've been using the same raggedy pair of runners for acouple years now. Never used them much so I saw no need to upgrade, however I am in need of some new runners. I've developed a joy in running this cut and am looking for something with decent flexibility and shock absorption if you guys have recommendations. As ill be doing jogging around the neighborhood with the pooch and don't want unnecessary excessive impacts.

Rucker

Middleweight
I'm a huge fan of UA and Mizuno. But if you actually want an EXPERT opinion, I'm told that the Running Room will examine your stride and recommend something expensive.

In general lean towards actual RUNNERs and not cross-trainers, cross-trainers tend to have a firmer sole.

Affliction79

Seasoned VET
Being a flat footed guy, I have found adidas indoor soccer shoes and converse all stars to be the best for running for me. If you’re not flat footed, I’m told those adidas nmd are good for running

docdevoe

chicken & rice guy
I'll check em out. Im really about minimalism. And new balance are usually pretty plain.

Anyone have experience with these?
I have them right now and have to switch back to NB because they are causing me a lot of pain in my foot arch.

Watching for the advice here. My oversized ass is gonna start doing morning cardio, and the best option right now is walking/poorly running around the neighbourhood.

BigBen

Middleweight
I like New Balance and Mizuno's. But you need to research each model, as some cheaper NB are inferior and to me only suitable for walking. For me, arch support / roll control is important, but that mostly could be a personal issue. I say this having run quite a number of half marathons.

redz

Lightweight
I boycott Nike due BLM affiliation. I’m running some ASICS right now that I got dirt cheap through a virgin mobile promotion at sport check. They were $159.99 and I got them for $70. New balance used to be my go to but ASICS have taken over for my last couple pairs.

Rucker

Middleweight
I boycott Nike due BLM affiliation. I’m running some ASICS right now that I got dirt cheap through a virgin mobile promotion at sport check. They were $159.99 and I got them for $70. New balance used to be my go to but ASICS have taken over for my last couple pairs.
Funny, I boycot Nike for way less, I just don't like them, or the logo. I do like the slogan though, they got lucky there.

I should have said Adidas in my first post too - Love me some Adidas.

Old RhynoS

Middleweight
Run??? What the hell is that?
Who runs, brisk walk at the most, usually to beat my kids to the fridge 🤪

I'm totally like you @Jestopherson , same old ratty pair of sneakers. Multiple old pairs actually. My wife usually forces me to get new ones cause she is tired of looking at them.

Jestopherson

Juicy Junior
Alright boys I ended up going with the new balance fuel cells. Took them for a spin around the neighborhood tonight. Shit, I didn't know concrete could feel so damn smooth.

nomorals

Middleweight
Alright boys I ended up going with the new balance fuel cells. Took them for a spin around the neighborhood tonight. Shit, I didn't know concrete could feel so damn smooth.
Nice pick I run the FuelCell Propels they are pretty comfortable. Wanted to get the Hoka One Carbon X's but they're sold out all the time.

Syche

Rookie
I have these mizuno wave inspires I got a buddy that’s a running coach who checked my gate and stride and made three recommendations I bought all three took them home from the running room ran on the treadmill about an hour each on different days and these ones were the best of the three there was a hoka and set of nikes in the mix have over 500 hard miles on them (indoor) and they still look new and feel fine

Attachments