What's new

New to trt

Rocco911

Rookie
New to trt with natty levels at about 350ng/dl.

finally got some bloods and would like some input from you guys regarding my free t4 seems low. Ive been pinning 15mg prop daily and this seems to have put me at too high of range. Bloods were taken 14 hours post injection. I have since switched over to 125mg week of test cyp. Do you guys think this will still put me over range?

Testosterone (>52) Range 8.4-28.8
Estradiol (160) Range <162
Free T3 (4.3) Range 2.6-5.8
Tsh (1.14) Range 0.32-4
Free T4 (11) Range 9-19
Anti tpo (<9) Range <35
Anti tg (16) Range <40

thanks for any help and suggestions.

Harley00

The Rebel
New to trt with natty levels at about 350ng/dl.

finally got some bloods and would like some input from you guys regarding my free t4 seems low. Ive been pinning 15mg prop daily and this seems to have put me at too high of range. Bloods were taken 14 hours post injection. I have since switched over to 125mg week of test cyp. Do you guys think this will still put me over range?

Testosterone (>52) Range 8.4-28.8
Estradiol (160) Range <162
Free T3 (4.3) Range 2.6-5.8
Tsh (1.14) Range 0.32-4
Free T4 (11) Range 9-19
Anti tpo (<9) Range <35
Anti tg (16) Range <40

thanks for any help and suggestions.

1. Please post all your lab work , surly thats not all
2. Please tell us how long youve beem on and your protocol, more info needed.

3. Did the doc put you on prop?

4. Why did you do blood work 14 hrs after a prop injection? Thats dam near a peak curve on prop, your getting high testosterone due to that .

5. The only reason i would ever do an injection then do labs is to find out what an injection will get me. I certainly wouldnt do it if my doctor was gonna see it, sure way to get a shit dosage of trt.

6 . Put you over range? Well when did you inject, how much did you inject. What is your protocol.
Ex. If i take say 0.23ml of 200mg/ml thats 46mg of testosterone minus the ester weight, if i take that Monday then abut 20 to 24 hrs later that peaks. And right abut wensday to Thursday morning ill get my lowest results for that pin. That gives me 34nmol Tuesday and roughly 19 nmol Thursday.

So whats your protocol.

7. What are your supplements, what ekse tou taking

8. Any medical history, fill us in.

9. Are you on hcg/clomid

10. Yup ft4 is not great, are you on thyroid hormones now.

11. Hows stress in your life, you look stressed out.

Ill await your response .

Rocco911

Rookie
Thats all the bloodwork I could afford at this time.
Im testing the waters with trt on my own right now no doctor. My doctor has never been able to test anything other than tsh for my thyroid. This is the first time ive seen my thyroid numbers. Have suffered with hypo symptoms off and on for a while.

my protocol now is 62.5mg test cyp twice a week. Roughly the same as i was taking with 15mg prop daily. I was looking to see what peak levels were.

It appears that too high of test levels make my thyroid symptoms worse. Should I be getting on t4?

Harley00

The Rebel
So your taking 0.25ml in your syringe twice a week? Wanna make sure lots of guys pin what they think and its not right.

What was your tsh.

Your not helping yourself hear very well your making me dig for info.

Do you have any other labs at all , from other years ,all lab work is useful

You should have gone through your doc in the first place, or at least grabbed a very good baseline, you grabbed zero baseline by the looks of it, and now your showing levels after youve started?

Wheres the rest that show you were 350ng/dl wheres your base lh/fsh your cbc markers , cortisol, prolactin, progesterone/shbg i could go in forever.

No we gotta start from scratch .

Hypo symptoms? Name some.

Should you take synthroid or ndt.... not till you get more labs. You will fuck your self up and half no clue what to do, once you start on thyroid hormones theres a certain protocol.

Im gonna be straight to the point, iv seen this before. Iv seen this and been through it.

Let me paint you a picture, your ft4 is low due to you shutting down your hpa, it just so happens you were most likely in a stressed state prior to trying trt, you tried trt because you thought it would fix you. Now your feeling worse. But sometimes better maybe

The root problem was related to stress and adrenal insufficienty, it can also be other things but the ft4 that your showimg us is due to low or insufficient cortisol, this is causing your t4 to convert to much to your t3 and is poolimg up in your blood and going to rt3, the t3 thats beimg converted is not being excepted in the cells and thus rasing your tsh..... what is your tsh now?

My best advise currently .
Come completely off before its too late, do a full pct get levels back to square one .

Find out all of your baseline markers come back hear ill give them to you. After you get the baseline markers will be able to see whats going on, maybe address thise issues and then hop back on and then be more prepared. 😉

Thats my advise. You dont necessarily need a fancy doc, most suck anyway, but you need to do proper steps, and not start backwards.

If you wanna keep going with this plan sure we will help you, but i encourage you to step back and restart.

Rocco911

Rookie
Yes im taking .25ml twice a week at 250mg/ml
Yes sorry I dont have much for labs. My tsh has been consistently around 1. This lab was 1.14

I heavy am addicted to nicotine (vaping) possibly causing issues.
No supplements or anything else but 300mg lyrica a day for anxiety.

train 3-4 times a week and eat relatively healthy

my hypo symptoms that come and go are feeling cold, cold hands, constipation, dry skin, hairloss, fatigue.

my doctor has never bothered with any labs for hormones other than tsh and total testosterone.
tsh has always been normal around 1 and testosterone over the years from 300-400.

i would like to stay on the trt as im seeing better mood and sex drive but it also seems to be making me gain some fat on midsection.
I have also been fighting virus after virus for the past year with my gf and her two kids moving in both in different schools. I dont know if that plays a part in not being in homeostasis… probably.
Either way i want higher test levels im 37 and train hard have kids and fulltime job i need it i feel.
Do I have hypothyroid with low t4 thats still in range with tsh and t3 being optimal?
If I decide to stay on wich i probably will and dont have base labs like you say. What should I do to figure out my thyroid? Ill get labs in 6 weeks as i just switched from prop to cyp.

thanks alot for your help man.

Top Bottom