What's new

Normal Estradiol Levels in Men - Reference

~Dr Juice~

Administrator

-- I came across this recently. A good reference chart and it shows at what age your estradiol levels should be hovering around.

To answer this question, we can go back to a 2000 Clinical Endocrinology study where they summarized a variety of hormone levels by age, including estradiol:

Age 20-29 @ 102.9 pmol/l
Age 30-39 @ 94.17 pmol/l
Age 40-49 @ 90.76 pmol/l
Age 50-59 @ 81.02 pmol/l
Age 60-69 @ 78.82 pmol/l
Age 70-80 @ 80.37 pmol/l

The above are in international units and not the standard pg/ml, so let me do that conversion for everyone reading this in Canada. (The appropriate conversion factor is 3.671.)

Age 20-29 @ 28.0 pg/ml
Age 30-39 @ 25.7 pg/ml
Age 40-49 @ 24.7 pg/ml
Age 50-59 @ 22.1 pg/ml
Age 60-69 @ 21.5 pg/ml
Age 70-80 @ 21.9 pg/ml

Many of us would guess that estradiol levels would rise as we put on weight with aging, right? However, the data above shows that that is decidedly not the case and estradiol levels to tend to fall as the decades roll by. Your estradiol tends to decrease as you age because your testosterone falls off so ultimately the body has less to aromatize. This is part of the reason that so many men end up with osteoporosis. And making the matter worse is that our SHBG levels climb, leaving us with less free estradiol as we age as well. (SHBG binds to estradiol as well as testosterone.)

Last edited:

Mr. Nice

Rookie
I'm just curious what the natural total testosterone levels should be in a 28 year old male. I have been off cycle for 5 months now, it was a tough recovery. I was on test e 500mg/week equipoise 400mg/week for a total of 20 weeks. I will never run that long again. I got all my blood work results back today. Total test came in at 12.2 nmol/L and normal is 7.9-31.4. It falls under the normal range but seems a bit on the low side for a 28 year old man. My estriadol came back at 43 pmol/L and normal is below 159 so my estridol falls in the normal range but at the low end. Any advice?? My LH and FSH came back as normal as well I'm just concerned about that total test result.....

Jdave

Official CJM Suck Baby
Many of us would guess that estradiol levels would rise as we put on weight with aging, right? However, the data above shows that that is decidedly not the case and estradiol levels to tend to fall as the decades roll by. Your estradiol tends to decrease as you age because your testosterone falls off so ultimately the body has less to aromatize. This is part of the reason that so many men end up with osteoporosis. And making the matter worse is that our SHBG levels climb, leaving us with less free estradiol as we age as well. (SHBG binds to estradiol as well as testosterone.)
I would have guessed E2 would decrease, as over all T decreases with age, there would be less to aromataze into E2. The SHBG thing surprises me. I figured over all, all things would decrease but sadly not the case.

LesPaul

Super Heavyweight
Interesting data. I was well below my age reference range before TRT. No wonder I had cranky old man syndrome ;-)

Oldguyjiujitsu

Super Heavyweight
This is great data. I have been running a number of Estrogen and ai experiments over the last few months with TRT or "little bumps" dosages. Many anti-aging private clinics want you to keep it 15-20 pg/mls. I personally found this too low. My sweet spot is 22-25 pg/ml. For me once i hit 28 or slightly above i start to get overly emotionally. So based on the above its the normal range for a 30-49 year old.

You also have to find your natural balance between Test and E2. Its not just about mg of test.

For me:
90 mg test = 15 pg/ml e2 (don't feel my best emotionally and free test is just under 500. Can't make real progress in gym)
100 mg test = 25 pg/ml e2 (feel good, good energy and free test just under 600 so can make natty type gains. )
110 mg test = 28pg/ml e2 (good energy, free test above 600 so make natty type gains but too emotional)

so my sweet spot and base TRT dosage is 100mg where e2 sits at 25 pgml

PS - at 120 -150 mg test and .25mg adex per week = my e2 sits at 22-25 pgml and my free test is over 1100. feel great, tons of energy, emotions good and make solid but modest gains. ( Down side is the potential impact to lipids from the ai so i won't do this for more than 16 weeks at time)

My two cents...thx

Upjohn

VET
This is great data.

My two cents...thx

Great data and two cents mny thx @Oldguyjiujitsu 👍

Im new to doing TrT with blood work data (script) and am just past my first 3 month bloodwork.

My estro came at a hair under 15 pg/ml (55 pmol/l. on 100mg week soo fairly low on what ur experience of what u feel best at.

I’m still digesting your numbers and just actually how do I feel right now ( i think fine but going to ponder more in-depth .

Estro may possible rise more? as time goes on since i was runnin about 4 nmol TT last year till endo appointment and with a TT now at 22.3 nmol freetest 715 pmol/l at 100mg week.

Was debating a quick low dose Prop Xmas/NewYr bump on top TrT , with focus on estro levels with blood work March 1 with Doc.

For my own reference , when i started TrT with endo , i personally bumped a couple bottles of Prop that first month. (Was rough shape from low-t waiting).

Last 2 months just 100mg week and my estro is shy 15 pg/ml.

Think ill be fine . Will be doing pre-doc blood work see where iam at.....

Great Thread/info @~Dr Juice~ 👍

Last edited:

Goldenrod

VET
Thank you for this, due to my concern I won’t find it next time I check my E, I took a screen shot!

CanadaJim

Heavyweight

-- I came across this recently. A good reference chart and it shows at what age your estradiol levels should be hovering around.

To answer this question, we can go back to a 2000 Clinical Endocrinology study where they summarized a variety of hormone levels by age, including estradiol:

Age 20-29 @ 102.9 pmol/l
Age 30-39 @ 94.17 pmol/l
Age 40-49 @ 90.76 pmol/l
Age 50-59 @ 81.02 pmol/l
Age 60-69 @ 78.82 pmol/l
Age 70-80 @ 80.37 pmol/l

The above are in international units and not the standard pg/ml, so let me do that conversion for everyone reading this in Canada. (The appropriate conversion factor is 3.671.)

Age 20-29 @ 28.0 pg/ml
Age 30-39 @ 25.7 pg/ml
Age 40-49 @ 24.7 pg/ml
Age 50-59 @ 22.1 pg/ml
Age 60-69 @ 21.5 pg/ml
Age 70-80 @ 21.9 pg/ml

Damn...I did a low dose very short test e cycle back in may...250mg test e every 2 weeks...stopped and tapered after 2 pins...no pct because I thought I wouldn’t need it with such a quick low dose cycle......been having estrogen issues ever since (gyno symptoms - the main reason I stopped)...had blood work done last week..my estrogen is 112pmol/l...within the normal range on the lab results but I can see by your chart I’m very high. I’m 52...so I should fall into the 80.0 range...Clomid, Nolvadex or both?.

Brow1430

Super Heavyweight
Damn...I did a low dose very short test e cycle back in may...250mg test e every 2 weeks...stopped and tapered after 2 pins...no pct because I thought I wouldn’t need it with such a quick low dose cycle......been having estrogen issues ever since (gyno symptoms - the main reason I stopped)...had blood work done last week..my estrogen is 112pmol/l...within the normal range on the lab results but I can see by your chart I’m very high. I’m 52...so I should fall into the 80.0 range...Clomid, Nolvadex or both?.
Man not to sound harsh but you've asked the same question in two separate threads and have been given multiple answers both times.

CanadaJim

Heavyweight
Your right man...I’ve got my answers...great knowledge on here...wish I had of found it months ago...now it’s to put this advice to work. Thanks 👍

Tonydt

Rookie
Hey
I’m new on this site. I was enjoying your post but I can’t find the reply’s . Any way you can point me in the right direction?

Tonydt

Rookie
Your right man...I’ve got my answers...great knowledge on here...wish I had of found it months ago...now it’s to put this advice to work. Thanks 👍
[/
Hey
I’m new on this site. I was enjoying your post but I can’t find the reply’s . Any way you can point me in the right direction?

Top Bottom