What's new

Normal Estradiol Levels in Men - Reference

Thread starter Admin #1

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
Normal Estradiol Levels in Men - Reference

-- I came across this recently. A good reference chart and it shows at what age your estradiol levels should be hovering around.

To answer this question, we can go back to a 2000 Clinical Endocrinology study where they summarized a variety of hormone levels by age, including estradiol:

Age 20-29 @ 102.9 pmol/l
Age 30-39 @ 94.17 pmol/l
Age 40-49 @ 90.76 pmol/l
Age 50-59 @ 81.02 pmol/l
Age 60-69 @ 78.82 pmol/l
Age 70-80 @ 80.37 pmol/l

The above are in international units and not the standard pg/ml, so let me do that conversion for everyone reading this in Canada. (The appropriate conversion factor is 3.671.)

Age 20-29 @ 28.0 pg/ml
Age 30-39 @ 25.7 pg/ml
Age 40-49 @ 24.7 pg/ml
Age 50-59 @ 22.1 pg/ml
Age 60-69 @ 21.5 pg/ml
Age 70-80 @ 21.9 pg/ml

Many of us would guess that estradiol levels would rise as we put on weight with aging, right? However, the data above shows that that is decidedly not the case and estradiol levels to tend to fall as the decades roll by. Your estradiol tends to decrease as you age because your testosterone falls off so ultimately the body has less to aromatize. This is part of the reason that so many men end up with osteoporosis. And making the matter worse is that our SHBG levels climb, leaving us with less free estradiol as we age as well. (SHBG binds to estradiol as well as testosterone.)

Last edited:

Mr. Nice

Registered
I'm just curious what the natural total testosterone levels should be in a 28 year old male. I have been off cycle for 5 months now, it was a tough recovery. I was on test e 500mg/week equipoise 400mg/week for a total of 20 weeks. I will never run that long again. I got all my blood work results back today. Total test came in at 12.2 nmol/L and normal is 7.9-31.4. It falls under the normal range but seems a bit on the low side for a 28 year old man. My estriadol came back at 43 pmol/L and normal is below 159 so my estridol falls in the normal range but at the low end. Any advice?? My LH and FSH came back as normal as well I'm just concerned about that total test result.....

Jdave

Registered
Many of us would guess that estradiol levels would rise as we put on weight with aging, right? However, the data above shows that that is decidedly not the case and estradiol levels to tend to fall as the decades roll by. Your estradiol tends to decrease as you age because your testosterone falls off so ultimately the body has less to aromatize. This is part of the reason that so many men end up with osteoporosis. And making the matter worse is that our SHBG levels climb, leaving us with less free estradiol as we age as well. (SHBG binds to estradiol as well as testosterone.)
I would have guessed E2 would decrease, as over all T decreases with age, there would be less to aromataze into E2. The SHBG thing surprises me. I figured over all, all things would decrease but sadly not the case.

LesPaul

Registered
Interesting data. I was well below my age reference range before TRT. No wonder I had cranky old man syndrome ;-)

This is great data. I have been running a number of Estrogen and ai experiments over the last few months with TRT or "little bumps" dosages. Many anti-aging private clinics want you to keep it 15-20 pg/mls. I personally found this too low. My sweet spot is 22-25 pg/ml. For me once i hit 28 or slightly above i start to get overly emotionally. So based on the above its the normal range for a 30-49 year old.

You also have to find your natural balance between Test and E2. Its not just about mg of test.

For me:
90 mg test = 15 pg/ml e2 (don't feel my best emotionally and free test is just under 500. Can't make real progress in gym)
100 mg test = 25 pg/ml e2 (feel good, good energy and free test just under 600 so can make natty type gains. )
110 mg test = 28pg/ml e2 (good energy, free test above 600 so make natty type gains but too emotional)

so my sweet spot and base TRT dosage is 100mg where e2 sits at 25 pgml

PS - at 120 -150 mg test and .25mg adex per week = my e2 sits at 22-25 pgml and my free test is over 1100. feel great, tons of energy, emotions good and make solid but modest gains. ( Down side is the potential impact to lipids from the ai so i won't do this for more than 16 weeks at time)

My two cents...thx