What's new

Nows the Time

Thread starter #1

Upjohn

Registered
I’ve turned 45 and nows the time to follow threw with my master plan. I made some decisions very early in life , with the full knowledge of what was to come.

By 33 I put myself on self-trt for personal reasons. I’ve had the same doctor the last 5yrs that has no knowledge of my past hormone history. I’ve used him for non testosterone blood work.

I’ve been off all shots roughly 7months and had him get me my blood work with the added test level which he reaaaly didn’t want to do. Test came back 3.3 nmol/l 🤪😆

Amazing how good I feel with that level, crazy. Yes I suffer from ALL the low t sides, and it’s a struggle at times but after I competed for a show years ago, in the months after my body TOTALLY crashed and I was a literal mess. This last 6 months been different experience. Tough but do-able.

He referred me to an endo, a week later my health provider phoned to update mailing/contact next of kin etc and that an endo would contact me to let me know when in the next century I’ll be able to see them. It’s been two weeks, I’ll be friendly phoning my doc and provider to at least get a date for the appointment. Sooner better, I’m fine even 6months away, just be nice to actually know the day for planning.

To mabey cut down on info endo needs I’m goin to request to get ATLEAST another testosterone level bloods every couple months till I see endo.

Iam conerned about my cholesterol. Doc wants to wait for endo to give me test shots , thinks with normal test levels it will get better. I eat clean , no booze in over a decade, don’t smoke, my day job is a literal workout all day long , on a cpap machine for sleeping etc got most bases covered. I’ll post bloods at end but worry about walking around with these numbers and not strokin out without meds , but I’ve heard u DONT want to start cholesterols meds. Will discuss with doc next appointment.

Hopefully there will be no endo problems with getting the test script after doin all the endo hoops..........

TT 3.3 nmol/l
Hemoglobin a1c 5.7%
Thyroid stimulating 2.47miu/l
Psa .8 ug/l
B12 200
EST gfr 81ml/min1.73m2
Cholesterol 6.43mnol
Hdl 1.09mnol
LDL 4.39mnol
Triglycerides 2.08mnol
Non-hdl chol. 5.34 mnol
Glucose fasting 5.4mnol
Ferritin 110Ug/l
Calcium 2.43mnol
Creatine serum 97umol
Sodium 141
Potassium 4.3
Chloride 108
Hemoglobin 144g/l
Hematocrit. .40 l/l
Rbc. 4.4
Mcv 92
Mchc. 356
Rdw. 13.9
Platelet count. 184
WBC. 3.3
Neutrophils. 1.9
Immature. 0.0
Lymphocytes. 1.0
Monocytes 0.3
Eosinophils. 0.1
Basophils. 0.0

Last edited:
Thread starter #3

Upjohn

Registered
I’ve looked into the ‘bio-identical’ clinics if that’s what ur referring to. It’s not what iam lookin for , no creams for me. That’s all that’s offered in my part of town for men’s clinics

I’ve looked into the ‘bio-identical’ clinics if that’s what ur referring to. It’s not what iam lookin for , no creams for me. That’s all that’s offered in my part of town for men’s clinics
I went to the closest bioidentical. He prescribed the cream but I told him the usual about kids, transference, hormone fluctuations etc. Never even had to see the cream. Found him off this board. You could tell him your wife is a nurse or something too to cover off injection risks while you're at it. You're better to deal with an endo like you're doing but just throwing that out there.

I've noticed that these anti aging places are closely affiliated with the pharmacy next door. I don't hear it talked about much but I think they push the cream because it's way more expensive and they're in bed with the pharmacy.

Thread starter #6

Upjohn

Registered
I went to the closest bioidentical. He prescribed the cream but I told him the usual about kids, transference, hormone fluctuations etc. Never even had to see the cream. Found him off this board. You could tell him your wife is a nurse or something too to cover off injection risks while you're at it. You're better to deal with an endo like you're doing but just throwing that out there.

I've noticed that these anti aging places are closely affiliated with the pharmacy next door. I don't hear it talked about much but I think they push the cream because it's way more expensive and they're in bed with the pharmacy.
Interesting , I wasn’t aware shots were an option👌 I couldn’t get a positive of that when I phoned and didn’t want to risk the 300+$ initial visit to find out or be strung along. Another concern is I believe ‘bio’ isn’t recognized by cdn medical community yet and my goal is full on legit aboveboard care for my test/blood etc levels.
I’m goin put some faith into this endo route , with the research I’ve done,along with guidance from everyone here, I’ll know if the endo is forward thinking uptodate kinda deal. 1 strike and their out, than bio it is. Iam going to re-inquire at the local bio clinic about shots option, and if good to go I’ll waitnsee for awhile yet with this endo route. I appreciate the good advice thku👍

Thread starter #7

Upjohn

Registered
Update:
Did my friendly phonecall today , made some progress...
This is what I was told - Looks like for whichever reason I have a ‘get seen within 3months’ and this endo is soo busy that I won’t get in till the fall (think sept she said). They sent it back to the provider who assigned me another (and way overly Qualified from their bio) endo. The super friendly info giver said she would get back to me tomorrow after finding out why the second endo hasn’t contacted me yet. She did say something about may or June was my appointment but we ll see....
So it’s been I think like 3ish weeks I think since my blood work came back and the endo referral.
I’m cool if I get in may or June to get this pro cess underway BUT
If it WAS goin to be into the fall for that appointment, I’ll be goin on a low dose testprop for the summer....spring to fall is my money time and it’s looong days balls out giver, this last winters been do-able cause my workflow is low (in conjunction with all these low t sides). No Decisions yet, seems to be falling into place .

Edit edit....
Got a call back from the first endo’s secretary. 2nd endo will phone me within 2weeks to confirm my appointment which will be 2-4months from now Lololo so much for under 3months🤪 still positive as I feel that by keeping on top of everybody, it’ll be as efficient as it can be. I’ll request to be put on a cancellation list to bump me up and also try the angle of “is it safe to wait soo long with my cholesterol soo high”? To try for soonerthebetter. Soo again see what date comes up here than I can plan abit better for summer

Last edited:
Thread starter #8

Upjohn

Registered
Well got my endo appointment date ......JULY 25🕺🥳
Soo just shy 4months from blood test result to day I see endo soo pretty happy with that all considering what I read researching it.
Goin to request to get on the cancelation list to see if I can get in sooner , heading into doc this week to request a second bloods for testosterone as per my above posts and inquire about meds for the crazy high cholesterol until I get my test script which will I hope bring everything into balance.....

Update update:

Doc says no to the cholesterol meds, to just wait till I see endo and once iam on trt it should come down , and no go on getting one more bloodwork for my total test levels so iam going into endo with 2 low testosterone tests, says just wait soooo that’s that🤪

Last edited: