What's new

Nows the Time

Upjohn

Rookie
I’ve turned 45 and nows the time to follow threw with my master plan. I made some decisions very early in life , with the full knowledge of what was to come.

By 33 I put myself on self-trt for personal reasons. I’ve had the same doctor the last 5yrs that has no knowledge of my past hormone history. I’ve used him for non testosterone blood work.

I’ve been off all shots roughly 7months and had him get me my blood work with the added test level which he reaaaly didn’t want to do. Test came back 3.3 nmol/l 🤪😆

Amazing how good I feel with that level, crazy. Yes I suffer from ALL the low t sides, and it’s a struggle at times but after I competed for a show years ago, in the months after my body TOTALLY crashed and I was a literal mess. This last 6 months been different experience. Tough but do-able.

He referred me to an endo, a week later my health provider phoned to update mailing/contact next of kin etc and that an endo would contact me to let me know when in the next century I’ll be able to see them. It’s been two weeks, I’ll be friendly phoning my doc and provider to at least get a date for the appointment. Sooner better, I’m fine even 6months away, just be nice to actually know the day for planning.

To mabey cut down on info endo needs I’m goin to request to get ATLEAST another testosterone level bloods every couple months till I see endo.

Iam conerned about my cholesterol. Doc wants to wait for endo to give me test shots , thinks with normal test levels it will get better. I eat clean , no booze in over a decade, don’t smoke, my day job is a literal workout all day long , on a cpap machine for sleeping etc got most bases covered. I’ll post bloods at end but worry about walking around with these numbers and not strokin out without meds , but I’ve heard u DONT want to start cholesterols meds. Will discuss with doc next appointment.

Hopefully there will be no endo problems with getting the test script after doin all the endo hoops..........

TT 3.3 nmol/l
Hemoglobin a1c 5.7%
Thyroid stimulating 2.47miu/l
Psa .8 ug/l
B12 200
EST gfr 81ml/min1.73m2
Cholesterol 6.43mnol
Hdl 1.09mnol
LDL 4.39mnol
Triglycerides 2.08mnol
Non-hdl chol. 5.34 mnol
Glucose fasting 5.4mnol
Ferritin 110Ug/l
Calcium 2.43mnol
Creatine serum 97umol
Sodium 141
Potassium 4.3
Chloride 108
Hemoglobin 144g/l
Hematocrit. .40 l/l
Rbc. 4.4
Mcv 92
Mchc. 356
Rdw. 13.9
Platelet count. 184
WBC. 3.3
Neutrophils. 1.9
Immature. 0.0
Lymphocytes. 1.0
Monocytes 0.3
Eosinophils. 0.1
Basophils. 0.0

Last edited:

Rubicon500

Rookie
What area of the country you in ? If your out west lots options for anti aging doctors

Upjohn

Rookie
I’ve looked into the ‘bio-identical’ clinics if that’s what ur referring to. It’s not what iam lookin for , no creams for me. That’s all that’s offered in my part of town for men’s clinics

I’ve looked into the ‘bio-identical’ clinics if that’s what ur referring to. It’s not what iam lookin for , no creams for me. That’s all that’s offered in my part of town for men’s clinics
I went to the closest bioidentical. He prescribed the cream but I told him the usual about kids, transference, hormone fluctuations etc. Never even had to see the cream. Found him off this board. You could tell him your wife is a nurse or something too to cover off injection risks while you're at it. You're better to deal with an endo like you're doing but just throwing that out there.

I've noticed that these anti aging places are closely affiliated with the pharmacy next door. I don't hear it talked about much but I think they push the cream because it's way more expensive and they're in bed with the pharmacy.

Upjohn

Rookie
I went to the closest bioidentical. He prescribed the cream but I told him the usual about kids, transference, hormone fluctuations etc. Never even had to see the cream. Found him off this board. You could tell him your wife is a nurse or something too to cover off injection risks while you're at it. You're better to deal with an endo like you're doing but just throwing that out there.

I've noticed that these anti aging places are closely affiliated with the pharmacy next door. I don't hear it talked about much but I think they push the cream because it's way more expensive and they're in bed with the pharmacy.
Interesting , I wasn’t aware shots were an option👌 I couldn’t get a positive of that when I phoned and didn’t want to risk the 300+$ initial visit to find out or be strung along. Another concern is I believe ‘bio’ isn’t recognized by cdn medical community yet and my goal is full on legit aboveboard care for my test/blood etc levels.
I’m goin put some faith into this endo route , with the research I’ve done,along with guidance from everyone here, I’ll know if the endo is forward thinking uptodate kinda deal. 1 strike and their out, than bio it is. Iam going to re-inquire at the local bio clinic about shots option, and if good to go I’ll waitnsee for awhile yet with this endo route. I appreciate the good advice thku👍

Upjohn

Rookie
Update:
Did my friendly phonecall today , made some progress...
This is what I was told - Looks like for whichever reason I have a ‘get seen within 3months’ and this endo is soo busy that I won’t get in till the fall (think sept she said). They sent it back to the provider who assigned me another (and way overly Qualified from their bio) endo. The super friendly info giver said she would get back to me tomorrow after finding out why the second endo hasn’t contacted me yet. She did say something about may or June was my appointment but we ll see....
So it’s been I think like 3ish weeks I think since my blood work came back and the endo referral.
I’m cool if I get in may or June to get this pro cess underway BUT
If it WAS goin to be into the fall for that appointment, I’ll be goin on a low dose testprop for the summer....spring to fall is my money time and it’s looong days balls out giver, this last winters been do-able cause my workflow is low (in conjunction with all these low t sides). No Decisions yet, seems to be falling into place .

Edit edit....
Got a call back from the first endo’s secretary. 2nd endo will phone me within 2weeks to confirm my appointment which will be 2-4months from now Lololo so much for under 3months🤪 still positive as I feel that by keeping on top of everybody, it’ll be as efficient as it can be. I’ll request to be put on a cancellation list to bump me up and also try the angle of “is it safe to wait soo long with my cholesterol soo high”? To try for soonerthebetter. Soo again see what date comes up here than I can plan abit better for summer

Last edited:

Upjohn

Rookie
Well got my endo appointment date ......JULY 25🕺🥳
Soo just shy 4months from blood test result to day I see endo soo pretty happy with that all considering what I read researching it.
Goin to request to get on the cancelation list to see if I can get in sooner , heading into doc this week to request a second bloods for testosterone as per my above posts and inquire about meds for the crazy high cholesterol until I get my test script which will I hope bring everything into balance.....

Update update:

Doc says no to the cholesterol meds, to just wait till I see endo and once iam on trt it should come down , and no go on getting one more bloodwork for my total test levels so iam going into endo with 2 low testosterone tests, says just wait soooo that’s that🤪

Last edited:

Upjohn

Rookie
UPDATE....

Ive went ahead and got a TT bloods from LetsgetChecked for afew reasons -

- around 4ish times this last month ive woke up to , wouldnt call it mornin wood , more like ‘kindling wood’ 😆 Not a rockhard boner but a half-ass wood that has not happened in 8ish months when i stopped shots. ( not gonna get into ‘pre-cum’ talk around here) 😆🤣😂

-with the up coming endo i had the worry that i might be creeping up from my 3.3 nmol TT bloods that i got mid-march from my doc , and with that be at a level the would say im borderline so no TrT

-these low t sides have progressively gotten worse , even with the couple mornin hardons. Wifes been amazing considering since this began but ive been losing my shit lately in different Situations like work , some poor guy blocking my truck that i waited till he showed back up , couple more shit shows. Not like me. Even sauced the fuk up im not like this

-im down now to 220 naked. Its been a gradual loss from almost 260 last fall when i stopped shots. The gym plus my work has me still good shape but this lowlow test level i can see is really nawing my muscle tissue away...........

-im back full bore into work, just finished a 16 hr day, yesterday was 15hr

My TT bloods came to 5.2nmol this time. So i've gained just about 2nmol since mid march. Not sure how much u can fluctuate from your sleep/diet etc. before your blood tests....
but its answered some questions i had

ive started today for the next 6 weeks , .6cc test prop eod. ill have about 3ish weeks no shots to go into endo. Depending might stop july1 for lil more elbow room for endo.

Soooo stoked for the next 6weeks😁

Upjohn

Rookie
That didnt take long....o boy spirits r up👍

Unfortunately i missed that recent thread “Properly Measuring a Testosterone Injection” and misstaking have been doing 1cc not .6cc prop eod 🙄

Ill be moving that down to .6cc going forward

8 ish months off shots and the new bloods of 5.2mnol TT , I was very Curious at how sensitive id be to the increase of life elixir.....

Too much cocktalk last post but 18hrs after my first shot , wife n i r back to business😏🥳

Prob by day 4 or 5 i truly recognized a real inner ‘ i feel GOOD again/well being/confidence/calmer ‘ kinda deal

Not sure if its just the added testp or prob both that and my diet change up , but am serious about droppin down to .6 eod. I ve increased my carbs these last weeks in conjuction with my increased work load. Physically with the low t plus winter diet lower carbs, plus the weight drop from no shots , ive looked ‘small flat’. Waking today plus also yesterday , im ‘fuller again’ veins kinda showing up again!!

Ive got this Paranoia because my size , with the endo and them inquiring about my hormone past which i wont disclose...anyway its pretty cool to be actually wanting to back down on such a smaller dose so quick....well not back down just do what i originally said i would do 🙃

Off to work , gangbang some money , life feels good again👌

EDIT: June 28th will be my last prop shot , so will have a full 4weeks before endo approintment and bloodwork. i feel GREAT right now 💪👊

Last edited:

Upjohn

Rookie
Just giving a final update before endo appointment....

Been 2weeks off the prop shots , just shy of 2weeks to go till appointment. Feel physically/mentally pooched 😵 Didnt take long , been like this about a week.

No matter what happens , i dont regret the ‘Relief’ ive gotten this last 6 weeks.

I let myself down yesterday. After not sure but 10-11 months no cigs , i grabbed a pack on the way to work yesterday. Nothing today. Ill have in over 70hrs of work in this week , with a half day tomorrow , still workin right now.

The low T makes me overly sensitive to ANYthing. No fault to anyone but i was ‘set-off’ upon wakin up , after about 5ish hours sleep between jobs.....that’ll teach u to care about me🤪

Always moving toward being happy n healthy , ill be more vigilant of my situation , keep hunkering down this last few weeks 💪💪

Ive talked with the wife in-depth about the pros/cons of disclosing how much to the endo about my shot history. She wanted a few days to ponder her thoughts , but in our discussions i believe i know what will be the decision.

There will be no way with the T-levels i naturally pull , with how i look now. I stopped shots a shy 260. Eight months later Was 220 (6 weeks ago ), no idea now, but its been a great ‘fill/out’ plus dropped fat.

Im going to honestly tell my story , see what happens....

Im saying this with the full knowledge that ill be “Mens Clinic la aPronto “ if their is any major delay in Appropriate treatment 🤪

Upjohn

Rookie
Had the Endo appointment today , seemed to go well. Dont count the chickens till they hatch or whatever but we ll see....

Heres how it went down:

After leavin the guys short handed 2hrs before appointment to go home shower/change than make it exactly 15min before appointment ....... waited 30min in waiting area.

than waited 45 MIN in the endo room before the endo’s assistant (i think intern) asked me a list of questions than disappeared for another 25 min till the both showed up 🤪

Luckily went better from there

Have to do another blood test . Wants me earlier (8am) than my reg doctors low T test results 9:40am. Says with my super low 3.3 TT first results , endo’s sure im low T anyway even the lil bit later blood draw

Only testing FSH , LH , prolactin , free androgen index

If all checks out good (pituitary) and its the balls not producing im getting a script.

If pituitary not good , an MRI to see its not a non-cancerous growth that sometimes happens n presses on the gland , messin the test output signals. After that i get a script.

Says that even if i had no low test symptoms (IDO🤯) because how low iam endo would prescribe n recommend a test script because osteoporosis and me breaking bones as i get older .

Talked about the differant types i can CHOOSE !!!! shots , gel , patch
BUT did mention the pharmacist can do my shots every TWO weeks or *****i can learn n do them myself***** 🙄

In my head im like yaaaaa no. not gonna be doin that (edit: shot every 2week) Figured it was best to wait to chat about having STABLE levels etc later

Both the endo n up n coming endo helper where very personable n seemed caring which i didnt expect.

I was pissed by the time they finally showed up and i last minute decided to NOT disclose my shot history. i focused on afew personal areas that im sure put things in perspective. That being said they asked. Three times . I weighed in at 222 when they took my blood pressure. They where kind about it anyway , really seems to want me and the wife happy👍

Sooo by they sounds of it i might get a script , see what the bloodwork turns up.

Thx fuks i ran the prop and not the Tbol couple months ago 🤪

Last edited:

Upjohn

Rookie
No word from Endo yet about more tests (mri/ different bloods etc). Got the bloodwork done on July 30.

Went to see the Mens Clinic Doc today.

He had access to Endos blood results.

TT came at 4.6 nmol this time.
Prolactin was fine
Said LH was low but balls are working/producing test
Cant remember FSH (didnt know id be able to see these results with this doc , when i told him about endo he looked the results up)

This doc obviously is bias on this angle but asked why i havent been put on test yet with such low levels (since mid-march first low-test result 3.3nmol.

Told doc that iam concerned if MRI is requested , the waiting time possible for that and no treatment yet (TrT shot) was un-acceptable to me (and the wife)

Im going back to this doc next monday for a procedure. (un-related to TrT )

Said by next monday hopeful endo will have contacted me and given me further instructions. Docs saying that if by than , endo hasn ‘t reached out doc would/could contact endo that they were starting therapy.....

Im hopeful that endo will come back with all-good come back to office for script details. If an MRI is requested , that its not unreasonably long till that appoinment ( and how long till Endo GETS BACK to me with the results ) etc

Iam going to bring this all up with my Endo for feedback. Depending on how it pans out ill mabey be Mens Clinic TrT i guess.

Everyones different runnin LowT and how they feel/function like that.

That lil 2bottle prop ‘blast’ i did couple months ago put some clarity in my head.

Runnin LowT for afew months of time is nothin really. For me the effects n side effects of lowT take time to accumulate and really manifest themselves.

This last year has been challenging physically/mentally . Lookin forward to getting back to balance .

Not long now

Last edited:

Sorbate

My colon knows the difference
Banned
Thanks for the interesting read. I’m looking forward to see what happens next.

Upjohn

Rookie
Finally!!!! Goin in to endo tomorrow. No more bloodwork to do!!!

Guess Endo going to go threw the details tomorrow , than my pharmacist going to show me how do my shots and onward bound👍

All in all this Endo thread is done.... hallelujah 🤪