What's new

-== Official 2016 Canadian Nationals Thread ==-

Thread starter Admin #1

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
-- Post any and all information related to the 2016 Canadian Nationals in this thread. We might as well get an early jump on things.

[Poster to come]

What: 2016 CBBF National Bodybuilding , Bikini and Classic Physique Championships

When: July 23, 2016

Where: Winnipeg, MB

Admin #2

Midnight-Kid

Administrator
I think it's going to be tough to fill the seats for this one. Generally if Nationals is somewhere like Edmonton you can at least justify going to Edmonton to see West Edmonton Mall, for example. If the show is hosted in Montreal, who wouldn't want to visit Montreal and do some sight seeing? Winnipeg, however... I mean, what the hell are you supposed to do in Winnipeg?

Thread starter Admin #3

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
-- I'll get things rolling with a brief introduction and video from a local B.C. competitor - Gord Nelson

Gordon Nelson is a Canadian national bodybuilder living in Vancouver BC, Canada. He was a middleweight for 2015 nationals. He had a lot of "complications" during prep so this was the smallest he'd been in years on stage. He guarantees you that 2016 will be his best year to date.

Stats as they are currently half way in his offseason.

Height: 5'5 1/2
Weight: 230lbs

He's not sure where he'll land come competition time, but probably 195-198lbs

snowpatrol

Super Moderator
Couple of local guys

- Riley's a friend, 7th place HW last year: https://www.instagram.com/p/_pq5iPK1R2/?taken-by=rtjanzen
- Scott, friend and sometimes-training partner: https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=be0cde8e5b76c84c800a3b6a866d9d81&oe=57333553
- Devin, 250lbs offseason middleweight! Crazy: https://www.instagram.com/p/_5MyS-lgE-/?taken-by=devochal
- Dustin...not a friend, lightweight or welterweight(?): https://www.instagram.com/p/BBLHI03O0o8/?taken-by=dustincosman

There are a few more but I can't find decent pictures, even those were a bit time consuming and there are some people I know will place well at provincials but not certain if they'll hit nationals.

golgotha

Registered
How are they doing Classic Physique at nationals? Has every province even held a contest with that division even as a part of it?

biguglynewf

Super Moderator
I think it's going to be tough to fill the seats for this one. Generally if Nationals is somewhere like Edmonton you can at least justify going to Edmonton to see West Edmonton Mall, for example. If the show is hosted in Montreal, who wouldn't want to visit Montreal and do some sight seeing? Winnipeg, however... I mean, what the hell are you supposed to do in Winnipeg?
stab people and chase mosquitos?

JonnyO

Super Moderator
Anyone know who (if anyone) coaches Trevor?
Johnnie Jackson does. Last year I was watching his progress and I was thinking shit hes kind of behind I was wondering if he was going to dial it all in. Then I see him 2 weeks later at the show and holy fuck he nailed it. The best he ever looked I was surprised but glad he did it paid off for him he took an arguable 3rd place.

snowpatrol

Super Moderator
Johnnie Jackson does. Last year I was watching his progress and I was thinking shit hes kind of behind I was wondering if he was going to dial it all in. Then I see him 2 weeks later at the show and holy fuck he nailed it. The best he ever looked I was surprised but glad he did it paid off for him he took an arguable 3rd place.
I had the same thoughts last year, it seems like national level guys can push pretty hard in the space of a few weeks and make some ridiculous changes in terms of being ready though

One of the local guys looks like the michelin man right now but is going to be doing nationals, if he was a local/regional level competitor I'd be extremely doubtful

But based on his experience and previous showings (mr. alberta, etc) I have a feeling despite looking super-behind he'll pull it off