What's new

## Official 2019 Mr. Olympia Preview Thread & Articles ##

• Admin

~Dr Juice~

Administrator

2019 Mr. Olympia Preview
By Geoff Roberts, August 31st, 2019

I’ve often claimed the two greatest Mr. Olympia contests in history were the 1998 and 2009 renditions. 2009 due to the number of competitors who had a realistic chance of winning the show, and 1998 because the long running champ had retired. We would undoubtedly see a new Mr. Olympia after six years of Dorian dominance. The latter situation is a rare one. Lucky for us, not so lucky for others, this elusive champ-not-in-the-show situation is once again right around the corner.

This year will see a whole new dynamic in regards to the new champ guarantee. Not only will Mr. Olympia Shawn Rhoden not be there, Phil Heath and Big Ramy will also be absent, both of whom are obvious threats to the title. The 2019 Mr. Olympia is as wide open as any of its kind throughout history.

The outlandish action figure of a man Brandon Curry seems to be the frontrunner in the minds of most. After winning the Arnold Classic this year, there really isn’t anyone in the show who is ranked above him, with the possible exception of Dexter Jackson. That said, Brandon is not without flaws. As of his last showing his legs still didn’t match his upper body and he was better from the front than he was the back. Since he began training with the Camel Crew at Oxygen Gym, he’s managed to consistently nail his condition, which was a major issue for him in the past. Since heading to Kuwait, Brandon has made unbelievable improvements from year to year and even show to show. Based on these unparalleled improvements, one can see why people are expecting these minor flaws to be vanquished come Olympia time. Can Brandon be defeated at his best? The chances are slim to none.

William Bonac has to be considered second in line behind Brandon based on his recent showings. The Conqueror has been as high as third at the Olympia, and some say he should have been second. William has assumed the role of a modern day Lee Priest as a short competitor who is still capable of butting heads with the best of the best despite his height. From the standpoint of overall balance, William is the best in the show. His only weakness is his height, plain and simple. Unfortunately William has dealt with some fairly serious coach drama over the last few weeks, which could very well wreak havoc on his Olympia preparations. Assuming this drama does not affect William’s physique and Brandon is not a cartoon character, William can easily win bodybuilding’s greatest title.

Roelly Winklaar is this shows dark horse. This guy is capable of not only winning, but obliterating the lineup. He has more muscle per square inch than any man alive. Winklaar has the greatest triceps in human history and arguably the best arms in history. He is the biggest freak in the IFBB, which is saying a lot, as every IFBB open professional bodybuilder is a certified mutant. The Dutch Beast has one glaring flaw: consistency. We never know which Roelly is going to show up. Soft Reolly, peeled Reolly, tight waist Reolly, bloated midsection Reolly. He really is all over the map. If The Beast can dial in all of that otherworldly muscle, he can be a living, breathing, nightmare for the rest of these guys.

I guess it’s time to discuss the one and only vampire in the lineup, Dexter Jackson. Apparently human blood is the secret to longevity in this sport because The Blade’s longevity is second to none. Dexter will be two months shy of fifty years old when the Olympia rolls around and he is a legitimate threat to the throne. In a sport which gaining muscle and losing fat is of utmost importance, this should not be impossible. Nonetheless there’s Dexter taking out young up and comer Luke Sandoe at the Tampa Pro several weeks ago, successfully putting himself into discussions like this one as a top contender for Olympia gold. Dexter winning his second Mr. Olympia title and snagging his 30th career victory in the process at forty-nine years old is the best possible story going into this years show and could prove to be the greatest story in bodybuilding history.

The Olympia debut of Luke Sandoe is an exciting one. Of the many stellar British pros rising through the ranks at the moment, Luke is the easiest to get excited about. The Juggernaut possesses a massive, gnarly, throwback physique reminiscent of Dorian Yates. Need I say more? Luke has been putting out a nearly constant stream of high quality video content as of late, which makes it a piece of piss to root for him. His hardcore, no bullshit, genuine persona is overwhemingly refreashing in an era of fake do-nothing fitness models who are miraculously garnering all of the attention and money. If you’d like to learn how to become a great bodybuilder, follow and emulate Luke Sandoe.

As far as predictions are concerned, these competitors were not discussed in a random order. The living, walking action figure known as Brandon Curry will be too much for this partially gutted lineup. The battle for fifth and sixth will be a ruthless one. I would selfishly prefer Luke to land in fifth, simply because I feel he is good for the sport. Nathan de Asha, Steve Kuclo, and Jon Delarosa will be in the fight for sixth. Steve and Jon will both be content with eighth and ecstatic about sixth, not so with Nathan. Rather, Nathan will be devastated by eighth and content with sixth, although this partially depends on who finishes fifth, as Nathan and Luke share a fairly strong British rivalry. I fear that Nathan will appear small next to the other guys at the Olympia and place sixth or seventh. I am wholeheartedly pulling for Jon Delarosa to land in sixth. While my motives are selfish and based on the fact that Jon and I have experienced very similar struggles over the last year or two, no one in the industry will deny that Jon is a great man and deserving of a high placing at the big dance.

If I’m honest, this year’s Olympia is slightly less exciting with Phil, Shawn, and Ramy on the sidelines. Although as stated earlier, this situation is a rare one and if Pokemon taught us anything as kids, sometimes rare is better than exciting. In this case a rare situation will beget an extremely exciting one in the future. Assuming Brandon or William does become Mr. Olympia this year, the 2020 rendition will be one for the ages with three Mr. Olympias all close to their prime, battling it out on the same stage. It is important to see the forest through the trees in regards to this years show, as it could very well be setting up the greatest Olympia in bodybuilding history.

• Admin

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
UPDATE

Kai Greene Is Out – BIG SHOCKER THERE!!
By Christian Duque, September 1st, 2019

Yes, I heard!! C’mon guys, how many years has Kai Greene hinted at doing the O, only to then not to do it? Why do people keep falling for it? Why does the bodybuilding media spend, or shall I say waste, so much time talking about this? We now have analysts, who study Kai’s body language, his facial expressions, and try to scrutinize every aspect of his quotes. Surely, he’s really trying to tell us something. C’mon, why would Kai have to speak in code?

If he wanted to compete, he’d simply say so. I can assure you that by dodging the question and being indecisive, he’s not doing the promoters any favors. Who buys tickets because somebody MIGHT do a contest? The truth of the matter is that by continuing to play these games, he’s actually harming his name. There’s always been the concern that if he came back and didn’t win, didn’t take 2nd, and/or didn’t place Top 5 at the Olympia, that that would hurt his legacy. That may or may not be the case, but I think this constant dance of messing with the fans’ heads, isn’t doing much to improve his legacy, either.

The truth is, Kai could have beat Phil. The truth is there were years that he clearly edged him out; however, did he ever knock Phil out? No. I am NOT a Phil Heath fan, now, but was once upon a time, yes. Was there a time when I was a diehard? Sure, but that all changed when I got blocked for rooting for Shawn “Flexatron” Rhoden in an excessively loud manner. I guess if I had been more quiet about my support for Rhoden, I never would have had an issue with The Gift. Unfortunately, fans like to get excited about their idols, they like to root for them, and if you can’t root for your favorite bodybuilder, in bodybuilding, then that’s a sad commentary. That being said, fan or no fan, I won’t deny reality. Kai Greene never knocked Phil out. What he did do was, he gave up. Whether it was to promote Dynamik, do world tours, write books or paint on canvases – he gave up on bodybuilding.

The more I think about this, the more upset I get. I have literally received emails, DM’s, and even questions in real life from people who were actually annoyed that I didn’t write more about Kai’s potential comeback for Iron Magazine. There’s readers who think I was ignoring Kai, but can you see why now? It’s all a game. I mean, we’re what, 2-3 weeks out from the O, and now is when he finally decides whether he’s in or out? It’s just a major disservice to the fans, ESPECIALLY given everything they’ve been through…

Will Phil come back? He’s another one that’s been playing this same game. Ultimately, it doesn’t hurt the Olympia, but it does mess with fans. The fans should be the #1 priority. Look at Ronnie Coleman, look at Jay Cutler, they never played these juvenile games. They made, and continue to make, a ton of money and command legions of fans; however, they don’t play with the emotions of those who support them. Now, yes, it’s true, Kai Greene’s following seems larger than life, but what happens if people get tired of him? What happens if he starts rubbing fans the wrong way? Then what? Also, he’s not a Mr. Olympia. There’s only a small number of people who can join that elite club. Why Kai doesn’t just go for it and shut up? I have no idea. I don’t think anyone, but him, does.

The one thing I do know, is the second people stop asking, stop caring, and start forgetting Kai, then he’ll be bangin on that door, wanting to compete. That being said, people will never stop asking and the clickbait press will never stop releasing fake news and puff pieces. For many of today’s biggest websites, smoke has become their calling card. Most “news stories” are utter crap, devoid of almost any truth, and based entirely on speculation. To them, Kai’s little games are amusing; to me, these games are a complete waste of time. That being said, I love my readers and we, here, at Iron Magazine will always report the news. The only news to report today, is that once again, Kai Greene has let down millions of bodybuilding fans all around the world.

I can’t imagine you enjoyed reading this article, because I sure as hell didn’t enjoy writing it; nonetheless, not all articles have a happy ending.

manfreakyca

Rookie
we have to start ignoring Kai n his antics growup Kai !!put up or shutup!! Imagine Dexter winning what a career it has been!! Make sure your on point because I will be!!)

PacMan

Vet
Enough already about Kai, IMO the IFBB needs to move on from this guy. The guy can never give a straight answer about anything, just goes off on these monotone rants about nothing at all.

IMO, the Top 5 will go down like this in no particular order:

CURRY
ROLLEY
DEXTER
BONAC
CHOPAN (if he does the Open)

The dark horses are going to be Sandoe, and Kuklo.

- PacMan

• Admin

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
-- I was never a true fan of Kai's but did respect his place in the game. However that support has dwindled, almost down to zero. He's obviously a conflicted guy. He'll say he took a break to make money with lucrative offers, but fuck all that. It's merely a drop in the bucket of what he could actually be making if he'd won the Olympia. First win the top prize and then start courting offers from potential revenue streams. That's what you do. Not make threats to leave or return or babble on with nonsensical insights. Put up or shut up! Shit or get off the pot! As I've written previously I truly believe he suffers from a syndrome of fear -- Fear of failure. Fear of being tested. Fear of failing to live up to the hype and letting down his legions of fans. I believe it's this fear that has paralyzed him.

I still haven't chosen my Top 5 :unsure:

Last edited:

Upjohn

Rookie
“Fear of failure. Fear of being tested. Fear of failing to live up to the hype and letting down his legions of fans. I believe it's this fear that has paralyzed him.”

Lil off topic but is that like that VICTOR RICHARDS bodybuilder from way back??
@Dr Juice

YODATRON

Rookie
@~Dr Juice~ I agree with you completely about Kai. I used like Kai more so when he competed but then something changed it's like something scared him away from bodybuilding. Sometimes fear is a person's greatest foe. If I was knocking on the door of winning the Olympia I wouldn't just walk away and give up I would push harder till I had it then that victory would seem even better. Just my two cents.
My top 5 for the Olypmia are:
1- Brandon Curry
2- Dexter Jackson
3- Rolley Winklaar
4- Hadi Choopan
5- Luke Sandoe

I actually find it more exciting that Phil and Shawn are not on the line up. I'm really hoping Roelly takes the title this year although Brandon I think could also easily take it.

1. Roelly Winklaar
2. Brandon Curry
3. William Bonac
4. Luke Sandoe

• Admin

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
“Fear of failure. Fear of being tested. Fear of failing to live up to the hype and letting down his legions of fans. I believe it's this fear that has paralyzed him.”

Lil off topic but is that like that VICTOR RICHARDS bodybuilder from way back??
@Dr Juice
-- I'd have to revisit the Victor Richards story which went way back to the 1990's. But I seem to recall a similar plot. The guy (Victor) was a mass monster on the same level as Paul Dillette. He was predicted to make big waves in the sport and even touted as the next superstar. Needless to say that didn't happen and he fizzled out just about as quick as he arrived. It's very possible, that he too, suffered from a syndrome of fear of failure and not living up to the hype. Good recall on bringing him up, Upjohn.

~Dr Juice~

Administrator

Iranian Bodybuilding Legend, HADI CHOOPAN, Will Compete!
By Christian Duque, September 6th, 2019

Shockwaves reverberated throughout the world of bodybuilding and fitness, with the news that 212 Bodybuilding legend Hadi Choopan will be competing at the 2019 Mr. Olympia. Hadi was always considered to be a major threat to 212 Champ James “Flex” Lewis and many believe he’s the only man who could stand in the way of Derek Lunsford claiming the vacant throne this year. In terms of foreign policy, however, Iran has perhaps the weakest relations with the United States of any other country in the world.

This very fragile, often tumultuous relationship, has been a major reason why Iranian nationals have such a hard time getting visas to travel here. Just to put things into perspective, Washington actually has better ties to North Korea, than to Iran – just a little food for thought. That being said, all things are possible if you work hard enough, because Hadi was able to get a visa to compete at the Olympia. With the news that Choopan entered the U.S. and will be competing, many believed that the epic showdown between him and Lunsford would make history; however, it seems Choopan will be competing in Men’s Open Bodybuilding. This is a very interesting development, in that Choopan’s calling card has always been the 212. With regards to the decision to compete with the big boys, certain questions need to be asked. Would Hadi be competitive, how much more could he earn, and will we see more 212 guys leaving the division?

Here’s the deal with The Persian Wolf; he’s a monster. Only in the sport of bodybuilding, could you call someone a monster and it mean something good. Here’s a guy who comes in hard as nails, vascular, and has no weak points. He emerged during a timeframe when the world was obsessed with the Middle East, particularly with what was happening at Oxygen Gym. At the time, the fans and press couldn’t get enough of Big Ramy, everyone wanted to go to Kuwait, and that scene was buzzing. Then all of a sudden, it seemed the next bodybuilding hotspot was Iran. Iranian bodybuilders were bringing grainy, ripped physiques to stages all around the world. Even the most seasoned prep gurus just couldn’t explain how ripped and grainy these guys were getting – not to mention the crazy of amounts of muscle. It was during this time that Hadi emerged – he was freak among freaks.

Anything taken to excesses generally isn’t going to result in success. Someone who’s mass to the extreme (e.g Markus Ruhl) will make heads turn, but won’t win the biggest titles. Someone ripped to shreds, ripped beyond belief, will surely make jaws drop, but will usually give up too much size to be competitive. Also, many times, the strongest bodybuilders will look too blocky. Extremes just don’t pay off – or do they? Hadi has taken his physique to no man’s land. He’s packed on slabs of dense, ripped, and symmetrical muscle, meanwhile pushing hardness, definition, and condition the absolute limit. He’s been able to defy contemporary norms and his contest record suggests its paying off – handsomely. With decisive wins at the Asian Grand Prix, Portugal Pro, and the Vancouver Pro, he’s put himself in a very unique position to truly be the #1 contender for what many believed to be a forgone conclusion – the rise of Derek Lunsford. With Choopan, some believe history may be changed.

Back to the Persian Wolf, his demand has skyrocketed as well, making him into a bona fide media favorite. Adding to Choopan’s crazy look and ability to take over the stage, his visa woes have indirectly raised his profile. The fans, the media, and the industry want him, they have been wanting to see him on an American stage, and the more times he’s been denied travel credentials, the greater the demand for his presence has become. Interestingly, though, while he may finally compete, it may not be in the format we had all thought. Unlike most 212 guys, who’d give up too much in terms of height and size competing in the open, Hadi could very possibly be in the Olympia Top 6. He could essentially earn that placing, the far bigger payday, and the accolades once enjoyed by Lee Priest.

The truth is, earnings are a big concern as well. The prize money for the 212 is simply not there, but that’s also because the draw isn’t either. Demand has waned, especially given the retirement of The Boston Mass, what seems to be either the retirement or transition of Lewis, and the fact the division is no longer being offered at The Arnold, has also contributed to what’s being said in the peanut gallery of the industry.. Ultimately, the perceived decline may be just that, but let’s not forget that when The Arnold stopped offering the Ms. International in women’s bodybuilding, the Ms. Olympia was soon thereafter removed as well. Other notables in the division, like Charles Dixon, Guy Cisternino, and even Shaun Clarida, are all mid 30’s and above. Can Derek Lunsford both win the title and herald in a new 212 generation? Those are both pretty big if’s, especially considering that it’s only a question of time until Lunsford, himself, competes in the open as well. That’s where the big money is and that’s where the big title is at. Ultimately, if more and more people follow Hadi’s course, Flex’s potential course, and Lunsford eventual course, what will be of the 212?

With regards to Hadi Choopan, he can be very competitive in the open category. If I had to make a prediction, I’d put him at 7th.

Last edited:

Sorbate

Rookie
I want Dexter to win just so he can laugh at all the young guys he schooled. Then I bet he will likely retire, maybe, lol.

Hey, I havn't really paid attention enough to really know who is going to be on top.

manfreakyca

Rookie
hes already sayin he can beat dex lol?? cedric maybe!! why compete in open?? try 212 first then see nex year!! I cant see him jumpin over curry dex n roelly!

~Dr Juice~

Administrator

We Told Ya So – Phil Heath is OUT!

By Christian Duque, September 6th, 2019

Fans all over the world were shocked when the news broke that 7x Mr. Olympia Phil “The Gift’ Heath was officially not doing the biggest contest in bodybuilding. His diehard fans, in particular, hoped that Heath would return to reclaim the title (they believe) he narrowly lost last year. If we were only to take Phil’s demeanor following the contest, then there wouldn’t be any real reason these folks would feel so let down, but there’s quite a bit of room for debate insofar as to what Heath’s true intentions were.

In fact, I’ve spoken with industry insiders, as recently as the Masters Nationals, who were literally convinced Heath was competing. This is largely because Phil has been sending out a lot of mixed signals. In a recent article for Iron Magazine, I made the direct comparison between Heath and Kai Greene. Kai has made Olympia Hinting into a second career. He’s been playing with the media, the promoters, and (sadly) with the fans, for a long, long time. I don’t know if he’s doing it to sell more of his products, if he’s doing it because he wants to remain relevant, if he wants to create utter chaos OR if he actually wants to come back, but ultimately, always decides against. Phil has put on size, released training videos out of the blue, and dodged questions that could have easily been answered in a matter of fifteen seconds. Unlike Kai who has a booming supplement line, clothing, books and a movie career, I’m not exactly sure what Phil’s got going on. I also know for a fact that Phil does not have the kind of following Kai has – he didn’t have it during his run and he doesn’t have it now; however, it seems The Predator’s approach has become The Gift’s. The question now becomes what’s in the future for Phil? We can talk sour grapes and kick rocks like the other outlets, but we’ve known Phil was out for a while. It was pretty obvious to us.

Phil Heath is still a relatively young man. People need to understand that he really had no amateur career. When you look at guys like Bob Cicherillo or Vinny Galanti, they spent a lion’s share of their time in the amateur ranks battling for a card. Phil literally did a couple of shows and right out the gate was winning pro shows. The fact he only did one show a year while he was Mr. Olympia also kept his physique young. He’s had some minor injuries and corrected those. The hernias were more major, but those too are corrected. What I really mean by major injuries would be something like what’s happened with Ronnie and/or more complicated issues like what ultimately sidelined Dennis Wolf. In Phil’s case, he’s really back to 100%, he’s young, and everyone (including me) knows he could walk into the Olympia, at 100%, and more than likely win the Sandow. So why doesn’t he?

In a strange way, I think he’ll only come back when he can face Shawn Rhoden again. He doesn’t want to beat Brandon, Roelly, or William. He’s beat them before. Now, mind you, he beat them THEN, this is NOW. Could he beat the Brandon Curry of today as easily as yesteryear? I say no. The Brandon Curry of right now is a freak, a monster, a guy who could stand next to the best of them. The Brandon Curry of now would have made Shawn fight down to the wire and who knows where the pieces would have fallen when the dust cleared. The point, though, is Phil may not want any part of the Brandon Train. If he lost to Rhoden and in a half-assed comeback attempt had Brandon shut him out, he and his legacy would be done. So perhaps, the heart just wasn’t there, but I think it’s the fact Shawn’s not there.

Phil wants Shawn. If I’m right, Phil wants to come back when Shawn is competing. He wants to crush him in the pre-judging, he wants to see him struggle to hold on, he wants to blow everyone’s mind at the night show with the best routine of his entire career and he wants to seal the deal by psychologically breaking Rhoden and dwarfing him at the pose down. He wants it to be just him and Shawn, standing there, and he wants his name called out. I’m not sure what he’d say or do, but the focus wouldn’t be on Sandow, the check, or the photographers. It’d be like a street fight and I almost think Phil wants to relish in seeing defeat on Rhoden’s face. But that’s just my take and I’m probably way off, because my theory would only be right if Phil Heath was a raving narcissist who could never play down Shawn beating him. The only way I’m right is if Phil didn’t even care about the half million dollars, didn’t care about the 8th Sandow, and didn’t even care about tying Haney and Coleman. If I’m right, Phil would only want to come back to put Rhoden in the place he feels he belongs, give whoever he perceives wronged him the universal salute, and then either do a mic drop retirement or go for 9 and then do it. That being said, I’m probably way off, because Phil is one of the most humble, soft-spoken, and low key guys I know in the industry. In fact, my theory falls just short of being a drastic mischaracterization and for that I apologize. It’s a burden I must a bear, it’s a heavy cross I must drag.

That being said, this Mr. Olympia will be one for the record books. We have a vacant title, we have people coming from all over the world to Las Vegas, NV, and with the leadership of Dan Solomon, the sky’s the limit!! I, personally, think the involvement of Mark Wahlberg is huge!! I love all his movies, especially Rockstar!! I know that’s not one of his favorite roles, but I’m a glam metal fanatic and I think he killed it as the lead singer of Steel Dragon!! STAND UP AND SHOUT!!!! I also think having Jay Cutler involved is huge!! Jay remains one of the most popular and respected Mr. Olympias of the modern era.

~Dr Juice~

Administrator

Will Shawn Rhoden Compete?
By Christian Duque, September 12th, 2019

The world of professional bodybuilding is buzzing at the prospect, no matter how bleak, that 2018 Mr. Olympia Shawn “Flexatron” Rhoden will defend his title and potentially win his second Sandow in just days. In a photo released Monday morning by Chris “The Technician” Aceto, with a question to followers to “guess what year” the shot was taken, has many wondering about what could be. One poster stated that Aceto was wearing the same shirt as in another recent photo with Eduardo Correa, suggesting that the shot we saw with Rhoden, is actually from this week.

The suspended champ has not stopped training, keeping in touch with his fans, and staying very quiet (per likely advice of counsel) regarding his case and likely trial. When charges surfaced, AMI/Weider issued what some have called a rather hasty response. IFBB Pro League President Jim Manion, on the other hand, released a far more fitting response, which may have had an impact on the promoters of the Olympia (over time). One would imagine there have been some backchannel talks and/or negotiations, but no one knows (and/or no one is saying) what, if any, fruits these may have had. Still, the fans, like us in the media, can’t help but wonder why Rhoden has prepped as intensely as he has, if he’s only going to the contest as a spectator.

So let’s talk about how hard he’s prepped. For starters, when Mr. Olympia trains, it’s not just some guy training at some random gym. Most of his workouts include his very close training partner, they also include the legendary Charles Glass, and oftentimes Shawn is totally covered up. He has spoken on camera, but only about general things, his posts are uplifting and inspiring but very vague as to whether he’ll compete or not. Why would someone not competing require the services of Charles Glass – and – why would someone not competing make such a point of being covered up? Also, someone who’s not competing would speak and write accordingly, not keep things vague.

With regard to any potential negotiations, we don’t know if anything came from them; however, negotiations are all about one side giving something giving up and getting something and vice versa. Does the Olympia need any one, single person to ensure its success? No. We have learned that from Kai Greene’s shenanigans, but unlike Kai, Shawn actually wants to compete and is not allowed to. He’s also the defending champion and never, ever, in the history of the sport of bodybuilding has a Mr. Olympia been banned, especially indefinitely, before. If anything, there’s probably a desire on behalf of the legacy of the event, to figure out a way for Shawn to compete. Otherwise, this may very well cast a blemish on the sport’s most important title. That being said, when would we know for sure? I think there’s still the possibility Shawn could be added to the roster by the Thursday press conference, he might also take the stage on Friday night for the prejudging. I guess if he’s not on stage by Friday, we’ll know for sure.

Most people are not wondering about whether or not Shawn will compete. For most, it’s now a question of how decisively Brandon Curry will win, whether or not Dexter will defy the few odds (there aren’t many after Tampa) that he could win his second Sandow, and/or (of course) all the hype surrounding Iran’s Hadi Choopan – who FINALLY – got a visa and will be able to compete on U.S. soil. That being said, maybe the fact the spotlight is off Rhoden is exactly the kind of situation that would allow for him to get back on stage, compete, and then very quickly exit. Let’s say he won, I’m sure every word he uttered would have to be carefully chosen beforehand, maybe to the extent of his time in the spotlight being purposely limited, who knows.

The fact is, from a PR standpoint, it’d be a gamble for the promoters to let him compete, but far more importantly for Rhoden’s legal interests, he would need to have his attorneys by side, almost at all times, particularly when answering questions. All it would take is for one disingenuous journalist, looking for clickbait, to ask a silly question looking to jam Rhoden up. Why? For hits! But that silly question could elicit an answer that could potentially hurt Rhoden’s case. Even innocent people can incriminate themselves – it happens all the time – and paparazzi journalists have no loyalty but to themselves. Further, these journalists are looking for clicks, so they may intentionally try to hurt Rhoden in order to get a story they can sell to the highest bidder. Remember, this case made mainstream headlines as well.

For me, personally, as a Rhoden fan, I’d really like to see him compete. It would be great to see him win again and I think the fans would love to see him battle it out with Brandon and the other top guys. That being said, once you win a Sandow – whether it’s one or eight – you’re always a Mr. O. I think if Shawn won two that’d be great, but even if he didn’t, that would be fine too. I think seeing him compete would be the real thrill for millions of bodybuilding fans. Will it happen, I think it’s highly, highly unlikely. It’s so unlikely that even the clickbait media isn’t talking about it, so that should really seal the deal.

More importantly, what do YOU think will happen in the coming days? Do you think there will be breaking news to suggest Rhoden will compete?