What's new

Ontario Physique Association Website

Zuespas

Seasoned VET
OPA is a great organization. Can't wait to get back on stage at provincials next year.

Jazzy Mclicious

Heavyweight
OPA is ok but in reality once you get more involved with the organization you will see its not all roses and sunshine. Lots of drama, back stabbing and bullshit I kid you not

I know many judges and higher up people as well and they will tell you the same thing

the aspect of cash grabbing has gotten ridiculous with so many shows, $200 back stage passes for coaches, dictator like photo rules all makes it less fun year after year that is for sure

even the promoters all back stab each other trying to steal shows from one another, along with judges who are also coaches makes me suspect of whats really going on.

how can you judge a competitor that has paid you to prep them?

its changed over the last decades dramatically and not for the better

Laura Binetti really knew how to run things but since she has left big difference that is for sure

Jazzy Mclicious

Heavyweight
plus bodybuilding is dying...fuck I remember when I would go to a bodybuilding show and 90% of the competitors were bodybuilders

I ve been to OPA shows this year and have seen like 9 bodybuilding competitors not in one class but total for all classes and age groups with like 150 physique and bikini competitors

plus top 5 from every class goes to Ontarios, this is fantastic when each class has maybe one or two guys which means just about anyone who enters a Level 1 show goes to Ontarios

this has become a joke

then there are 600 competitors at notaries when in reality there should be about 200 max that truly deserve to stand on the stage

its all about money

the older tier system was way better, now everyone is a Provincial level competitor even the slob that gets up there with 15% body fat and no tan

I am not a physique kind of guy, like watching the ladies but 5 hours of board shorts smiling and posing is not my thing

Zuespas

Seasoned VET
OPA is ok but in reality once you get more involved with the organization you will see its not all roses and sunshine. Lots of drama, back stabbing and bullshit I kid you not

I know many judges and higher up people as well and they will tell you the same thing

the aspect of cash grabbing has gotten ridiculous with so many shows, $200 back stage passes for coaches, dictator like photo rules all makes it less fun year after year that is for sure

even the promoters all back stab each other trying to steal shows from one another, along with judges who are also coaches makes me suspect of whats really going on.

how can you judge a competitor that has paid you to prep them?

its changed over the last decades dramatically and not for the better

Laura Binetti really knew how to run things but since she has left big difference that is for sure
You haven't competed in Quebec in that case lol.

I agree though the endless classes of bikini and physique are exhausting

dbro

Heavyweight
opa is a joke now
what is it? 26 regional shows now a year? lol Everybody and their grandmother is qualified for Provincials.

Provincials are a complete shitshow, with oh i dunno? 1500 bikini competitors haha

Pile them in and grab all their money, the promoters love it.

dynex

Middleweight
yep..

gonna do ontarios this year and im out..

3 levels was the best and top 3 would get to Ontario's not top 5.

diluted talent sucks for ppl who put in the work look great and going up against someone who did not.

sucks