What's new

PACMAN Q&A, post questions here

Thread starter Admin #1

drago

Administrator
Please use this thread and this thread only to ask Sponsor/Vet PACMAN any bodybuilding related questions, any new threads created in this section will be deleted.

PAC, what are your opinions on blood pressure lowering supplements... Ie Hawthorne, garlic, carditone, etc... Even baby aspirin...

merit or overhyped?

Curious as alot of conflicting data ...like to know yiur perspective.

and congrats on your own Q and A, an asset to the board, thought I would kick it off sir.

Banned #3
Congrats Pac on the thread :) A real asset to the board. Not sure if alot of you new guys know but the old Ask PS section was done by Pacs old training partner. Pac spent many many years working out with PS thru contest preps etc etc. If you can imagine TWO 300 lb monsters killing it in the gym lol.. I recall poking fun at PS and Pac as I heard about the legendary workouts they had.

I being cocky Blue at the time..called them out sayin Id fucking keep up to you two guys...They laughed and said bring it on..
Well lets just say I have worked out with pac numerous times.... And I still remember the first chest workout I did with him. He fukn killed me..hurt me..crippled my chest for almost a week.
LOL..so much for badass Blue LMAO....went home with my tail between my legs on one hand.. But learned alot and felt great with all the pain.

HAHA i also recall stuffing myself for the week before working out with him with trenA and tbols..|Think i was swallowing 100mg day tbols..psyching myself out hahaha.

Talk about volume and WEIGHT holy faak... Started with Inc BP..buck, buck85,225,275,315.. I cant recall if Pac went higher.. I stopped at 225 for my working sets. Like 5 sets at that.
Then last set was a drop set. for me 225 to 135..Pacs was 315 to 225...I kid you not.. After something like 9 sets inc warm up sets..He dropped from 315 to 225 and immediatley
pounded out 225x42 reps..I stood there counting in complete amazement.. holy christ... That was first exercise hhahahahahaha... He said later he took it easy on me..bastard.

PS taught Pac well thats for sure and tangling with one 300lb monster was enough..Couldnt imagine being the third wheel with those two..LOL

Anyways a bit of the changing of guard you might say. Sorry to see PS go but happy to see Pac take over..The perfect replacement.

Congrats buddy.

Cheers
Blue

Thanks for the opportunity Drago.

I remember being a 21 year old newbie to this game and met PS through a mutual friend at the gym. I proceeded to ask him one day if we could workout together, and shit I stayed for 5 years.

I learned a lot over the years, and one thing was for damn sure, the old man never let me beat him EVER. I got crushed day in and day out, but still kept coming back for more punishment.

To top it off, my 1st competition I had to compete against PS, and YES got crushed again.

So, with this I take the opportunity to do the same to others when they ask to workout with me :)

Again, thank you for the opportunity, and I hope to help members of this board excel and achieve their goals.

- PacMan

PAC, what are your opinions on blood pressure lowering supplements... Ie Hawthorne, garlic, carditone, etc... Even baby aspirin...

merit or overhyped?

Curious as alot of conflicting data ...like to know yiur perspective.

and congrats on your own Q and A, an asset to the board, thought I would kick it off sir.
I would say they are definitely overhyped. I have tried the baby aspirin route last year and my nose bleed everyday worse then it had previously.

So, I go into the doctors and tell her and she almost slaps me, lol.

Anytime you have BP issues I always suggest seeing your doctor just in case their is a more serious issue.

- PacMan

I'd like to know your current supplement regimen, Pac. Not drugs, just vitamins, proteins, etc...
Some things are kept secret, as I do not want someone running out and taking what I take.

Let's just say I take about 12 different vitamins/minerals AM and PM daily.

Protein powder is from True Nutrition. Either TEAM SKIP or COLD FILTERED ISOLATE.

PRE/INTRA/POST regime is a secret. Let's just say similar to what I prescribe my IT clients.

- PacMan

I would say they are definitely overhyped. I have tried the baby aspirin route last year and my nose bleed everyday worse then it had previously.

So, I go into the doctors and tell her and she almost slaps me, lol.

Anytime you have BP issues I always suggest seeing your doctor just in case their is a more serious issue.

- PacMan
completely agree with you regarding the seeing the doctor if issues arise, but I was thinking of a more of a preventative angle. Also agree with a bit overhyped, I figure they may give you a couple points here and there but def overhyped. Glad to hear your perspective, thanks.

completely agree with you regarding the seeing the doctor if issues arise, but I was thinking of a more of a preventative angle. Also agree with a bit overhyped, I figure they may give you a couple points here and there but def overhyped. Glad to hear your perspective, thanks.
Doing cardiovascular 3 times per week is also a preventative measure.

- PacMan

of course...diet and exercise are the best preventative measures, wasn't saying they could be replaced with a couple garlic pills lol :)
Thanks for your insights brother, look forward to this thread.

Banned #11
Congrats, this is a great addition to CJM.

Alright, how do you deal with the mental anguish of dieting before a show? From the beginning of the phase all the way to the stage. What might you offer to those who aspire to compete in order to combat this? Most notably the difficulty of dialing in, coupled with the uncertainty of what's to transpire.

I find most want to be bodybuilders and many have the tools... but lack the mental fortitude. How have you been able to cope with this in order to become so successful?

Congrats, this is a great addition to CJM.

Alright, how do you deal with the mental anguish of dieting before a show? From the beginning of the phase all the way to the stage. What might you offer to those who aspire to compete in order to combat this? Most notably the difficulty of dialing in, coupled with the uncertainty of what's to transpire.

I find most want to be bodybuilders and many have the tools... but lack the mental fortitude. How have you been able to cope with this in order to become so successful?
Thanks HA. The only way to deal with the anguish of dieting is to keep reminding yourself, "Noone made you compete, or diet, you asked for this yourself". So, HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT!!!

EXAMPLE... I am doing cardiovascular the other day and 20 min of 35 down on the stepper, I'm drained and said I can't do it. I then thought to myself, my competition is doing cardiovascular and if I come 2nd this will be the moment it happened, so I upped it to the next level and killed it.

You just have to want it bad enough, period.

- PacMan

Thanks HA. The only way to deal with the anguish of dieting is to keep reminding yourself, "Noone made you compete, or diet, you asked for this yourself". So, HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT!!!

EXAMPLE... I am doing cardiovascular the other day and 20 min of 35 down on the stepper, I'm drained and said I can't do it. I then thought to myself, my competition is doing cardiovascular and if I come 2nd this will be the moment it happened, so I upped it to the next level and killed it.

You just have to want it bad enough, period.

- PacMan
First of Congrats ....

How many shows have you done?

Have you found it harder to get to the right size for one over another?

Would you tell someone that isn't there to hold off there is always another show if they weren't ready? or push it a bit harder to make it?

What do you think is the biggest part to come in ready for a show?

Did you hire any sort of coaches now or before?

What would you do if you found you were ready before the show, say 8 days out to keep that look?

Have you came in flat on pre-judging and if so what did you do if anything to look fuller for judging ?

How much time do you spend on posing?

If you miss a pose at anytime when on stage do you try to make sure you hit that pose again when you know the judges eyes are on you?

Do you think I helps the night before or early that morning to carb up?

Tanning? When do you start your base tanning?

What do you think of something for thinning the day of?

I am sure I have missed a few things but there are some points I think some don't think of if they are thinking of the first time they are going to do a show?

Last edited:
CF, I WILL ANSWER YOU IN 15 WEEKS WHEN I AM ON THE BEACH IN MEXICO. SORRY FOR THE DELAY, JUST NEED TIME TO THINK..

- PacMan.

Just some stuff I think you could help some guys that are thinking about competing think about before getting into and realizing wow there is a lot to doing this that I didn't think of.

Trust me if I have never gone on stage ...

Mexico EH!!

I know, just funkin' with you.

Yes, a lot of people think they can compete and get 2 weeks in and then understand how hard it really is.

Diet, cardiovascular, training on zero carbs, tanning, posing, not sleeping, no energy, etc...

- PacMan

Polak

Registered
Hey PAC I was reading that you use team skip protein powder from true nutrition. I also use the same product. But I was doing some reading and a few articles said that using a protein blend is basically a waste or money due to the fact that the casein protein gels and makes it difficult for the whey and egg proteins to get thru into the digestive track before the casein is fully digested. Is this true? Would it be more beneficial to purchase whey and casein protein seperatly for this reason or is it just another case of Internet mis information

I use the team skip off season, cold filtered isolate when dieting.

If you are having troubles with digestion you could be lactose intolerant.

Otherwise team skip is a great protein...

- PacMan

Banned #19
First of Congrats ....

How many shows have you done?

Have you found it harder to get to the right size for one over another?

Would you tell someone that isn't there to hold off there is always another show if they weren't ready? or push it a bit harder to make it?

What do you think is the biggest part to come in ready for a show?

Did you hire any sort of coaches now or before?

What would you do if you found you were ready before the show, say 8 days out to keep that look?

Have you came in flat on pre-judging and if so what did you do if anything to look fuller for judging ?

How much time do you spend on posing?

If you miss a pose at anytime when on stage do you try to make sure you hit that pose again when you know the judges eyes are on you?

Do you think I helps the night before or year that morning to carb up?

Tanning? When do you start your base tanning?

What do you think of something for thinning the day of?

I am sure I have missed a few things but there are some points I think some don't think of if they are thinking of the first time they are going to do a show?
I dont compete but I have not a doubt Freak is under a damn good wing!

Good Luck Freak

SLAM IT!

shredzs