What's new

PACMAN Q&A, post questions here

MikeyGusto

Hey PACMAN, first off, I would like to thank you and the other veterans that take some time out of your day and pass some of your wisdom on to us less seasoned guys.
I posted on another part of the forum a question for you, hahah, guess it didn't go to where it was intended. But some of the other guys chimed in so that was nice none the less.
Anyways, my question is, how do I go about eliminating my traps from my shoulder work outs? Mainly my lateral raises.
I don't go very heavy usually, 30lbs is about as high as I go, as I like to control the weight and get a good squeeze in at the top of the movement. I like to do a lot of sets for laterals, and incorporate drop sets once or twice a month. My problem is, my traps get gassed out before I get a good burn in the delts. I figure I must be doing something a little off, and wondering if you had any tips you could throw my way.
Thanks again.

S2KG

Rookie
Hey Pacman, I read earlier in this thread that you stated the optimal training range was 8-12 reps chest / back. 15-20 reps for everything else. Could you please elaborate on this a little? For instance, why do you recommend lower reps for chest and back but not everything else? Also would you suggest pyramiding your rep's. I.E 12, 10, 10, 8. 20, 18,18, 15. Or could one just do 4 sets of 8 for chest, & 4 sets of 16 for biceps. Or 4 sets of 12 for chest and 4 sets of 18 for biceps etc.
(I understand the importance of changing it up from time to time, thus I would never JUST lift 15 or 16 reps through out the entire year, /I'd lower it, raise it ETC. But since I personally am going to spend a few months trying out higher reps I'd love your input.

Thank you sir!

S2KG

Rookie
I can see a tumbleweed blowing in the wind..?

PacMan

Vet
Hey PACMAN, first off, I would like to thank you and the other veterans that take some time out of your day and pass some of your wisdom on to us less seasoned guys.
I posted on another part of the forum a question for you, hahah, guess it didn't go to where it was intended. But some of the other guys chimed in so that was nice none the less.
Anyways, my question is, how do I go about eliminating my traps from my shoulder work outs? Mainly my lateral raises.
I don't go very heavy usually, 30lbs is about as high as I go, as I like to control the weight and get a good squeeze in at the top of the movement. I like to do a lot of sets for laterals, and incorporate drop sets once or twice a month. My problem is, my traps get gassed out before I get a good burn in the delts. I figure I must be doing something a little off, and wondering if you had any tips you could throw my way.
Thanks again.
Use less weight and concentrate on strict form. I prefer to do them seated as I can control the movement better. Drop sets every workout for me man...

- PacMan

PacMan

Vet
Hey Pacman, I read earlier in this thread that you stated the optimal training range was 8-12 reps chest / back. 15-20 reps for everything else. Could you please elaborate on this a little? For instance, why do you recommend lower reps for chest and back but not everything else? Also would you suggest pyramiding your rep's. I.E 12, 10, 10, 8. 20, 18,18, 15. Or could one just do 4 sets of 8 for chest, & 4 sets of 16 for biceps. Or 4 sets of 12 for chest and 4 sets of 18 for biceps etc.
(I understand the importance of changing it up from time to time, thus I would never JUST lift 15 or 16 reps through out the entire year, /I'd lower it, raise it ETC. But since I personally am going to spend a few months trying out higher reps I'd love your input.

Thank you sir!
First off, sorry about the delay, I do not get notifications when someone posts in here. I stated the rep range as an example. I switch things up daily all depending on how I feel, how much sleep I have had, of I am training in the AM or PM. Key is to always be changing things up and tricking the muscle.

When incorporating higher reps also slow the speed down. For example hack squats (3 seconds down, moderate speed going back up)...

Make the muscle burn, and fight through this as this is when you are really targeting the muscle...

- PacMan

PacMan

Vet
I know for a fact Pacman is an extremely busy guy these days......I'm sure he will get to your question when he can. ;)
Busy yes. butI never get notified I have questions. Maybe we need to fix this some how.

I will also make it over their very soon man, and we can hook - up and train...

- PacMan

Last edited:

S2KG

Rookie
Busy yes. butI never get notified I have questions. Maybe we need to fix this some how.

I will also make it over their very soon man, and we can hook - up and train...

- PacMan
It's okay, I understand how busy you are! Thanks so much for your response PacMan. And I agree, best to change things up and keep your body guessing.
At any rate, Since doing 10-12 reps on Chest / Back & 12-16 on Shoulders / Arms / Legs, muscle size has exploded! Really noticing new growth from the higher rep range (Something different for my muscles) And when I say exploded, I mean relative to growth before.. Growth is slow as I am eating in a deficit. But 15 or 16 reps for legs or shoulders, HOT DAMN an intense burn, absolutely obliterates your muscles.

Kbern

Hi there, I'm new to this so be patient please.
I'm wondering if you have any suggestions on stacking supplements. I've been using Ostarine and MK-677. I will be getting Anadrine to stack with the next round of both of them. I'm wondering about products such as GHRH, GHRP, IGF, MGF, etc. Looking for the best bang for my buck, I'm 50 yrs old and curious about the anti-aging supplements, if they truly work. I also want to build lean muscle mass and could use to lose 5-10 lbs of BF.

PacMan

Vet
At 50 years old your best bet honestly if Growth Hormone.

Stacking Ostraine, CJC-1295 no dac, Ipamorelin, Hexarelin would be a nice little stack..

- PacMan

flymolo

Rookie
Mr Pacman I have actually two questions for you one personal and the other about my training.

First what do you think about the state of modern bodybuilding? Is there anything you would like to see changed and handled/judged/done differently?

Second my training question; I use the gym as a place to unwind and relax. Even when going hard there my worries and stresses in life drain out of me and I leave a happier man with a better mindset for the day. I would like to go 5-6 days a week because of this. How can I avoid over exerting myself and working muscles that are not recovered properly with this kind of frequency? I know a little more rest would be more beneficial physique wise but I like to care for my mental outlook as well as how my body looks.

matt905

Rookie
ive been letting hypgon........whatever its called go for a few months. nips sore a little puffy, i. can feel., any ways started nolva 3 days ago this is 4. at 40mg a day. they(as in my nips) are still sore and sensitive wondering how many days it guna take to start improving, just asking i remember a while back when i was doing a cycle. i started nolva maybe a month in of flaring up and it wasnt many days b4 improving thgen completely going away...? why this time it feel like it takking longer. i mean i feell it workin a little bit but am i tripping or maybe the quality( its nupharm)20mg green pills. Maybe give me little info. that useful.... thanks happy new years.,...... oh ya im only doing 200 test ent 1x week and 150 tren enth weekly

PacMan

Vet
Mr Pacman I have actually two questions for you one personal and the other about my training.

First what do you think about the state of modern bodybuilding? Is there anything you would like to see changed and handled/judged/done differently?

Second my training question; I use the gym as a place to unwind and relax. Even when going hard there my worries and stresses in life drain out of me and I leave a happier man with a better mindset for the day. I would like to go 5-6 days a week because of this. How can I avoid over exerting myself and working muscles that are not recovered properly with this kind of frequency? I know a little more rest would be more beneficial physique wise but I like to care for my mental outlook as well as how my body looks.
I always train Back / Legs after an OFF Day as they are the 2 biggest / hardest muscle groups to train.

Every 5-6 weeks, I switch to 4 day split for a few weeks to get more rest. I just add Chest to Shoulder Day.

You guy's need to remember that rest is good. You are wasting your time training 6-7 days / week without proper rest and nutrition.

My training sessions only last 60-75 min. I get in there and bust my ballz. NO TEXTING, TALKING, ETC...

There is a reason I am the size I am and it IS NOT THE FUCKING AAS...

- PacMan

PacMan

Vet
ive been letting hypgon........whatever its called go for a few months. nips sore a little puffy, i. can feel., any ways started nolva 3 days ago this is 4. at 40mg a day. they(as in my nips) are still sore and sensitive wondering how many days it guna take to start improving, just asking i remember a while back when i was doing a cycle. i started nolva maybe a month in of flaring up and it wasnt many days b4 improving thgen completely going away...? why this time it feel like it takking longer. i mean i feell it workin a little bit but am i tripping or maybe the quality( its nupharm)20mg green pills. Maybe give me little info. that useful.... thanks happy new years.,...... oh ya im only doing 200 test ent 1x week and 150 tren enth weekly
I would run some Aromasin ED and see if the problem stops. And the UGL you named I have never heard of, so that may be the problem??

- PacMan

S2KG

Rookie
Hey PAC - Looking bigger then ever these days!
I was just curious, how many times a day are you currently eating? And what kind of macro's calories are you currently consuming.

Thanks Man:)

PacMan

Vet
Hey PAC - Looking bigger then ever these days!
I was just curious, how many times a day are you currently eating? And what kind of macro's calories are you currently consuming.

Thanks Man:)
7-8 meals / day depending iof I am training or not. Around 6500 CLEAN CALORIES. 1-2 Cheat Meals per week...

- PacMan

S2KG

Rookie
Full range of motion man. I may not lock out on all exercises, but always use proper form.

If you cannot use proper form, simply lower the weight.

Me personally I always use 8-12 rep range for bigger body parts ie... Back/Chest. And 15-20 reps for smaller body parts ie... Arms / Shoulders

- PacMan
Do you ever train 15-20 reps for legs?

S2KG

Rookie
Hey Pac, I see more and more IFBB pros turning to bi weekly splits. Hitting everything 2x per week sometimes more! How did you come to the conclusion that you prefer smashing one body group daily once every 7 days? Have you ever tried training everything twice a week and if so, how did you respond vs what your doing now?

Also, do you train Abs & Calfs every day or just eod allowing some time for them to rest and recuperate?

PacMan

Vet
Hey Pac, I see more and more IFBB pros turning to bi weekly splits. Hitting everything 2x per week sometimes more! How did you come to the conclusion that you prefer smashing one body group daily once every 7 days? Have you ever tried training everything twice a week and if so, how did you respond vs what your doing now?

Also, do you train Abs & Calfs every day or just eod allowing some time for them to rest and recuperate?
I personally only train everybodypart 1x / week. If you nail it hard enough you shoudl not be able to train it 2x / week.

I will train Hamstrings after BACK, and then again on QUAD day.

Abs / Calves 2x / week...

- PacMan