What's new

Paralysis treatment

dan12345595

Super Heavyweight
Hello Monsters! It has definitely been a while since the last time I posted anything, wasn’t sure if I should be posting this here or general discussion.

I was watching a mini documentary about a 27Yo who is Paralyzed from the neck down and plays call of duty. The way he plays is using a system of tubes that he either blows or sucks on to do movements and etc.

While sitting, drinking my pre-workout, and watching this video. I thought “ have doctors tried to use HGH? To help treat paralysis?”

He ended up severing the nerves in his spine, so why not move the vertebrate back into place and pump him up with HGH to force the body heal the nervous system,
Or take a variety of peptides to help?

Yes definitely sounds crazy or stupid and i guarantee you I'm sober. What’s your thoughts?

TRTDiesel

Super Heavyweight
Your heart is in the right place? Unfortunately repairing nerve damage like that is up there on the unreachable grail of medicine. I think stem cells is where it’s at though right now. Research looks promising.

Bstatic

Super Heavyweight
Some parts of your body replaces themselves daily or weekly, e.g. nasal passages and stomach lining. Other parts of your body are not reconstructed as often or ever like around the spine, eyes and kidneys I believe. They have transplanted cells from nasal passages and stomach linings into the area of the spine that was affected and have had some good success so far but I think they have to be paralyzed in a very specific way. I think they're also working on turning back on certain genes to initiate a growing phase again for things like teeth and other body parts but this could go drastically wrong and you could end up having your brain grow and not the skull or something.

Last edited:

BigBen

Super Heavyweight
The right peptide might work. Some promising research with mice.