What's new

physiquer or bodybuilder

Thread starter #1

dominomo

Registered
you know what I mean.
This guy was in an event from a week or so ago.
I have no idea how he placed.
good haircut
decent shorts
good smile.
he looks a little older than many of the other competitors but that shouldn't matter.
not overly ripped.
I like this look
is this guy too muscular?

Attachments

JameoN

Registered
If this is physique condition, I'm really gonna have to step it up over the next few years to be considered BB

Seems to be a bit big for physique, I have been noticing the last few years bodybuilders doing physique, or hell I have seen them do both in the same show lol. I always thought just small, lean pretty boys did physique but maybe that's a thing of the past lol.

tonyl96

Registered
Physique competitors are bigger now thats forsure, but this guy is a tad to big for physique. He could definitely do bodybuilding, maybe he didn't have the wheels for it lol

Id say BB, but I love the tight waist. Personally I like the old school bodybuilding figures (late 70s early 80s). Tight waist/ V-taper/ vacuuuummmsss!!

PHATKID77

Registered
Bb size of e had condition. Even for physique he is soft
Physiques no joke anymore. Basically top MW or LHW in board shorts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Physique is becoming bodybuilding both on the male and female side of the stage. I say, start placing those guys lower to send a message OR get rid of physique and let's all be bodybuilders! :) I prefer the latter.

rocko

Registered
Exactly right - if the judging continues to reward bigger and leaner competitors, that's the way it will go.
If they want to keep a clear separation between BB and physique, then the judging needs to reflect that.

Physique guys at National level have some serious size. A guy at that size is most likely competing at National level, MAYBE provincial.

I still don't know exactly what the judges are looking for in that class. It seems to very controversial. I've seen IFBB shows where the biggest and most shredded guy has been awarded, and other IFBB shows where the guy with the more subtle and pleasing physique has been awarded over guys that were bigger and drier. It bothers me a lot, because it essentially permits a lot more "subjectiveness" to judging...which means politics can play even a bigger role than they do in BBing.

Last edited:

snowpatrol

Super Moderator
Bb size of e had condition. Even for physique he is soft
Physiques no joke anymore. Basically top MW or LHW in board shorts
Agreed, condition would now be considered lacking and that size is just fine for physique, he could easily get away with more chest/lats/arms

Not criticizing the competitor, more the judging criteria for what was to be a more accessible, aesthetically-appealing division