What's new

Picture of the day

Jdave

Rookie
@millenium girl
Having a sense of humour about it is one of the best ways to deal with it. Do you have resources in your area to reach out to?

Last edited:

Jdave

Rookie
I'm on my own. I talked to a psychiatrist when I was anorexic. Never again.
Psychiatrist- like doctors- aren’t always going to be a great match the first time. Like doctors, a lot of them are lazy and don’t wanna hear the patient out. Or they’re so entrenched in their ego that they aren’t willing to see any other point of view other than their own which usually is biased, outdated, swayed by personal world views or all of the above.

But you got to keep trying.
I had a friend who was assigned a psych that was a complete feminist who wanted to blame ever aspect of my friends problems in the fact that he was a man. My friend quickly saw the bitch for what she was and requested another practitioner. If that had happened to me, it’d be enough for me to avoid seeking mental help for the rest of my life. But he put it like this - he’s the one who needs help. He’s the one who’s gotta go look for it. He’s also the one responsible for his own mental well being. So if he gives up before exhausting all options then he’s the one giving up. It seems tiresome and more damaging than what it’s worth... but your mental health is worth it. Mental and physical health and fortitude matter equally.
I hope you can reach out and locate some resources MG. Shit is hard and I know that as well. Most serious problems don’t have easily attainable solutions.