What's new

Plain Flavor + Protein and some salt - surprisingly good

Rucker

Super Heavyweight
As the title indicates. I'm at the part of the year where I have a small meal at work and go do a bunch of evening activities, having another meal when I get home later. That early work meal was historically some sort of quick oatmeal (about 250 calories worth) and a can of tuna or can of Kirkland Chunk Chicken. Usually eaten separately because the oatmeal flavors don't usually make sense to mix with a meat protein.

Well today I had me some plain cream of rice, salted with pink rock salt, and then dumped in a can of chunk chicken breast. The salt really nails it - it was fucking good. You could do some hot sauce or something on it if you like. Something like 480 calories and a good bit of protein because of the chicken, nice warm meal before I head out. Give it a try.

Ohz

Super Heavyweight
I would never have thought to eat it like that. I can only see it sweet. I'm going to give it a go.

Shotfitterguy

Middleweight
Add chocolate peanut butter protein, berries and add a fat source (olive oil or peanut butter) if desired. Amazing meal!

Rucker

Super Heavyweight
Adding sweet stuff and fruit is easy. It works really well as a "rice replacement" for a savory meal too. And way quicker to prepare (not that rice is hard to make but I'm not going to boil up a pot or break out a rice cooker at work).

Brbpuppy

Super Heavyweight
As the title indicates. I'm at the part of the year where I have a small meal at work and go do a bunch of evening activities, having another meal when I get home later. That early work meal was historically some sort of quick oatmeal (about 250 calories worth) and a can of tuna or can of Kirkland Chunk Chicken. Usually eaten separately because the oatmeal flavors don't usually make sense to mix with a meat protein.

Well today I had me some plain cream of rice, salted with pink rock salt, and then dumped in a can of chunk chicken breast. The salt really nails it - it was fucking good. You could do some hot sauce or something on it if you like. Something like 480 calories and a good bit of protein because of the chicken, nice warm meal before I head out. Give it a try.

Its crazy what a difference a pinch of pink or sea salt can make.

Rucker

Super Heavyweight
I just had it again before my evening plans - it's like mashed potatoes basically. Don't know why that didn't occur to me before.

Harley00

The Rebel
Iv never had cream of rice but very very interested in it.

I do like oatmeal? Is it similar ,what can i expect , for the first time , im a virgin hear 🤣

But sounds like a great mix you made .

Pippyhippy

Lightweight
Just want to share I've been eating the plain cream of rice with two scoops of clean gains rivalus gainer. Doesn't need any extra water blends amazing and tastes like vanilla pudding. Wash it back with a cup of egg whites and some fruit and feel amazing. Such quick solid meal. Hope ya try it, cheers.

Reactions: BLS
Top Bottom