What's new

Post UFC 200 - thoughts?

Thread starter #1

jjslim

Registered
Did you guys like it? Did it live up to the hype?

In my opinion, no it didn't quite live up to the hype, at least not the main card anyway. BUT I think the best way to look at it is... Some cards, like 199, look good on paper but turn out to be great. While others like 200 look great on paper and turn out to be just good but not spectacular. That's just how it plays out sometimes. Too many people saying "ufc has become a joke blah blah I'm done with it". Injuries happen. Failed drug tests happen. They're avoidable but unpredictable, shit happens and that's no reason to shit on the UFC as a company. If anything shit on the fighter who is constantly injured or failing drug tests.

rated_rko

Registered
Only caught the lesnar fight because I was at a wedding Saturday night but that fight was decent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

totofx

Registered
No not a good 200... to be honest, but still a crazy 200 3 night fight all with crazy fighter. The fight i was waiting for is dos anjos vs Avarez. Best fight of the main event is Aldo vs Edgar. People saying i'm done with ufc dont follow any mma fight. They only look at those big fight night. Is part of the sport injuries and failing a drug test like you said. Most of the people dont know any fighter too, prelim was insane saturday, just thinking at Sage Northcute crazy he did couple mistake but how the fuck he was able to get out from a arm bar like that. You dont see that to often. That young fighter have a crazy cardio and he's realy good on the ground and on his feet. Couple year Sage will be a top fighter if he keep going like that.

Last edited:
Thread starter #4

jjslim

Registered
No not a good 200... to be honest, but still a crazy 200 3 night fight all with crazy fighter. The fight i was waiting for is dos anjos vs Avarez. Best fight of the main event is Aldo vs Edgar. People saying i'm done with ufc dont follow any mma fight. They only look at those big fight night. Is part of the sport injuries and failing a drug test like you said. Most of the people dont know any fighter too, prelim was insane saturday, just thinking at Sage Northcute crazy he did couple mistake but how the fuck he was able to get out from a arm bar like that. You dont see that to often. That young fighter have a crazy cardio and he's realy good on the ground and on his feet. Couple year Sage will be a top fighter if he keep going like that.
Ya man it was actually the prelims and early prelims that stole the show. 3 ko's in a row on the early prelims and then great fights on the prelims. I definitely thought Sage's arm was going to snap! I'm not completely sold on him yet but he does have some flashy fights.

I'm a fan and I appreciate MmA for what it is, these people train their fucking ass off to go out there and get punched in the face. They still went out and fought and try their best to put on a show so I thought all 3 cards were pretty good.