What's new

PPL plan

Mgg102

Lightweight
Yes these are just different options for the Pull day I also have stuff for push and legs as well but I was wondering about which of these seem best for pull day

Mgg102

Lightweight
These are a couple options my friend from back in the day gave me and he is an IFBB pro now, but was also wondering what people here on the forum would have to say because my buddy is a Natty and wasn't sure if the same would apply to be if I am doing a cycle

Walkerblocker

Super Heavyweight
Natty or enhanced it doesn’t matter, the same principles apply. Your pull examples don’t look bad but where is the pull from the floor? With example A, you don’t need 2 rear delt dominant exercises. How I think it makes most sense to structure your pull sessions is something like this.

-deadlift variation
-barbell row (if erectors aren’t trashed)

If erectors end up impeding your ability to stabilize a barbell or tbar row than continue below.

-1 arm DB row
-pulldown or chin
-seated row
-rear delt row or pull
-trap work
-biceps

2 working sets per exercise, one in a lower rep range and the next in a higher rep range. Log it, progress it, grow. Growing or dieting down you’re training shouldn’t change at all, the only thing that would change eventually is volume. You could possibly add one more row type exercise if you don’t barbell row, up to you and how you’re able to recover from it.

Deadlifts go on back day unless it’s an RDL than it’s arguable.

Cheers,

Mgg102

Lightweight
Natty or enhanced it doesn’t matter, the same principles apply. Your pull examples don’t look bad but where is the pull from the floor? With example A, you don’t need 2 rear delt dominant exercises. How I think it makes most sense to structure your pull sessions is something like this.

-deadlift variation
-barbell row (if erectors aren’t trashed)

If erectors end up impeding your ability to stabilize a barbell or tbar row than continue below.

-1 arm DB row
-pulldown or chin
-seated row
-rear delt row or pull
-trap work
-biceps

2 working sets per exercise, one in a lower rep range and the next in a higher rep range. Log it, progress it, grow. Growing or dieting down you’re training shouldn’t change at all, the only thing that would change eventually is volume. You could possibly add one more row type exercise if you don’t barbell row, up to you and how you’re able to recover from it.

Deadlifts go on back day unless it’s an RDL than it’s arguable.

Cheers,
Thank you for the advice, I will tweak the workout a bit more to incorporate what is needed and repost to see if it is better

JameoN

Super Heavyweight
Hmm. Contrary to what was posted above I would never start a back day with rows, from a mobility stand point I need pull downs or pull ups. Just like flys to start a chest day, open everything up. I liked your 2nd option best. Definitely something I would try. I would do biceps last. And more than likely superset lat work in with the rear delt work.

NOVITEC

Super Heavyweight
Unless you're using this as a deload phase between high intensity training then that is WAY too much volume as far as Im concerned. If you are training with the correct intensity to stimulate the maximum amount of muscle fibers there is no way in hell you would be able to complete any of the workouts you listed and if by some miracle you do you would have overtrained the muscle.

Don't take this the wrong way because I don't mean what I'm about to say negatively but, I think a lot of people don't fully understand what ideal workout intensity (for muscle growth) really means. I could pick just two of those exercises you listed for you and if done correctly you would not be able to do any more than that I promise you.

When Im in a growth phase I only do 2-3 working sets (I do not count warmup sets) per muscle group, thats it, I physically can't do anymore than that. Those 2-3 sets are no joke though. They are heavy and brutal with rest pauses, very slow negatives, loaded stretches to finish. They are very hard. I am dripping in sweat after one set. Thats the intensity you need with LOW volume if you want to grow!

Volume training has its place but, to use it as the main tool for growth isn't the most optimal thing to do in my opinion. Its great for driving blood into the muscles and potentially stretching the fascia and allowing joints to recover between heavy lifting phases but, 'the pump' doesn't build muscle.

Volume can work optimally if you are some freak of nature and are very experienced and can training heavy with high volume. The majority of us cant do that though and properly recover.

Mgg102

Lightweight
Yea I work out really hard and put everything I have into every working set and lately I feel like I am over working myself because by the second exercise is finished I can barely breath and have to force myself through the rest

NOVITEC

Super Heavyweight
Yea I work out really hard and put everything I have into every working set and lately I feel like I am over working myself because by the second exercise is finished I can barely breath and have to force myself through the rest
If thats the case youre training too much man. Once you feel like you've done enough then chances are that you have.

Mgg102

Lightweight
Yea I need to cut back a bit and get the ideal plan before I start my first cycle . I am not sure if you have any advice on this but I am planning to do 400mg of test cyp only once a week and was wondering if it is better to pin once or twice a week or if it makes a difference ?

NOVITEC

Super Heavyweight
Yea I need to cut back a bit and get the ideal plan before I start my first cycle . I am not sure if you have any advice on this but I am planning to do 400mg of test cyp only once a week and was wondering if it is better to pin once or twice a week or if it makes a difference ?
Twice a week

Mgg102

Lightweight
What makes a difference ? Just wondering

NOVITEC

Super Heavyweight
You will achieve a more stable blood level of the hormone thus reducing the chance of any potential negative side effects.

You want as little fluctuation as possible. The body doesn't respond well to constant fluctuation. Cyp is a longer entered compound but even still, twice a week will be better than once if we are trying to achieve consistency, which we are.

Mgg102

Lightweight
Okay makes sense , thanks a lot . Any ideas of a good PPL for 6 days a week to be using when I start ?

Mgg102

Lightweight
I have my diet and everything in check will about 400 calorie surplus at 3500 cal/ day

NOVITEC

Super Heavyweight
Okay makes sense , thanks a lot . Any ideas of a good PPL for 6 days a week to be using when I start ?
Do some googling and find some different programs and see what works for you! Try a few different things and keep what works and throw away what doesn't. Look into the Doggcrapp (DC style) training program. It is a very good program. I dont design any programs for anyone that I cant monitor in person as individuals vary so much in terms of what works for them and what doesn't.