What's new

Preparation Instructions:

With our current grind being quite fine, the instructions on the label may produce a slightly too stiff porridge for most, I find the following to be the best method of preparation,

BEST method of preparation.

1. Add desired amount of Cream of Rice to microwave safe dish.

2. Add in boiling water from kettle whilst stirring/whisking continuously until you reach your desired consistency.

3. OPTIONAL: If you have excess water or would like to make it a little stiffer, add to microwave until you reach your perfect consistency.

Personally, I never measure the water, I just make sure to use TOO MUCH rather than TOO LITTLE. You can always microwave out the excess. I generally estimate I would add 5-6 times the water of actual Cream of Rice in regard to total weight.

Microwave Method:

1. Add in desired amount of Cream of Rice to Microwave safe dish.

2. Add in water 4-5 times the amount of water. (may take some tinkering depending on how you prefer it)

3. Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds

4. Remove from microwave and stir well.

5. Microwave again on high for 1 minute 30 seconds or until all excess water is removed.

Note: Removing from microwave to stir and replace in microwave more times may produce a better result.

How to video demonstration:

http://instagr.am/p/CLj9cqIgkhC/

thinkfree

Super Heavyweight
ahh that makes more sense with the microwave and why mine didn't work on first try without the extra water!
I just do a hybrid method, microwave the water for a quick minute boil.. slowly add microwaved water, COR ready in under 2 mins! (y)

My go-to post workout now since my new gym is minutes from my house, COR and a side protein shake as I dont like to mess with the delicious pancake flavour by mixing it together ;)

ahh that makes more sense with the microwave and why mine didn't work on first try without the extra water!
I just do a hybrid method, microwave the water for a quick minute boil.. slowly add microwaved water, COR ready in under 2 mins! (y)

My go-to post workout now since my new gym is minutes from my house, COR and a side protein shake as I dont like to mess with the delicious pancake flavour by mixing it together ;)

Hahah we may need to consult you and add your method to our new label rework!

I'm the same way brother, always have the shake on the side, but for me its mostly cuz im a fatty and like the extra volume haha

thinkfree

Super Heavyweight
Hahah we may need to consult you and add your method to our new label rework!

I'm the same way brother, always have the shake on the side, but for me its mostly cuz im a fatty and like the extra volume haha

Haha, well I plan to order some more probably next week. I LOVE this post workout, its too easy and too delicious (y)

Rucker

Super Heavyweight
If there's too much water I find sometimes letting it sit helps too, just like with oatmeal (instead of adding heat, because you can add too much heat).

thinkfree

Super Heavyweight
If there's too much water I find sometimes letting it sit helps too, just like with oatmeal (instead of adding heat, because you can add too much heat).

Let it sit?... impossible! I'm ravenous post gym haha. :p

Oh and I should add.. Dogs seem to love COR too!
Left my bowl on the coffee table and came out to my little terrier helping himself :cautious:

Aezon

Banned
Do you need a bag for your personal belongings?

Top Bottom