What's new

Protein Based Recipes

Kanon

Rookie
I'm going to work on posting some recipes here. Any feed back or other recipes that are quick an easy are welcome to post!
First one is my go to for post work out, lunch or any time really. You can adjust as needed for more carbs, more calories, add fruit if desired. Mix it all together.
DescriptionServing Size (g)CaloriesProtein (g)Carbs (g)Sugar (g)Fat (g)
Greek Yogurt, zero fat, plain
175​
100​
17​
7​
4​
0​
Cottage Cheese Fat Free
125​
100​
16​
8​
6​
0​
Whey Protein (cookies and cream)
35​
130​
25​
4​
1​
2​
Powdered Peanut Butter
24​
90​
10​
10​
2​
3​
Rolled oats
24​
90​
3​
16​
0.5​
1.5​
Cocoa Nibs
5​
25​
1​
2​
0​
2​
TOTALS
388​
535​
72​
47​
13.5​
8.5​

Last edited:

Berserker91

You mix cottage and greek yogurt, is it good?
I hate cottage it roll in my mouth but it will be a good thing to eat, lunch on the road...

Kanon

Rookie
You mix cottage and greek yogurt, is it good?
I hate cottage it roll in my mouth but it will be a good thing to eat, lunch on the road...
I love it. Can't even tell cottage cheese is in it. The cocoa nibs give everything a crunch. Changes the texture. Also a lot more calorie efficient then adding something like granola. Some low sugar granola is ok, maybe for pre workout. But most granola has too much sugar and a lot of calories.

Goldenrod

Rookie
I’m in no way saying this is healthy but is one of our favourite meals - tacos with ground chicken and hamburger, covered n retried beans, peppers, cheese and sauce.
Lots of protein but not a diet meal lol. I don’t diet and sure in hell don’t complain when the better half makes it,

Kanon

Rookie
I’m in no way saying this is healthy but is one of our favourite meals - tacos with ground chicken and hamburger, covered n retried beans, peppers, cheese and sauce.
Lots of protein but not a diet meal lol. I don’t diet and sure in hell don’t complain when the better half makes it,
Sounds fantastic. I haven't had ground beef or cheese in a LONG time. We make a nice ground chicken and cabbage meal....almost the same....lol

Goldenrod

Rookie
Sound good - so many people forget the incredible antioxidant and study proven longevity benefits of cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli to name a few in that food group. We cook cabbage in a roast the odd time.

Kanon

Rookie
Sound good - so many people forget the incredible antioxidant and study proven longevity benefits of cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli to name a few in that food group. We cook cabbage in a roast the odd time.
Exactly. I have a few high protein plant based meals I'll be sharing once I break down the ingredients.

Kanon

Rookie
Keeping a similar theme, here is an easy way to make a protein pancake even better. Again, you can double this recipe pretty easily. And adjust for personal tastes. For toppings I use this maple syrup sugar free replacement(It's really good). I add cottage cheese for extra protein. 2 tablespoons of no sugar added smuckers blueberry jam. Only 40 calories. I use a cast iron griddle. A couple sprays of Avocado oil (10 cals). Cook like a normal pancake.
DESCRIPTIONSERVING SIZE (g)CALORIESPROTEIN (g)CARBS (g)SUGAR (g)FAT (g)
Flapjacked protein pancakes
53​
200​
20​
23​
5​
3.5​
unflavoured whey protein isolate
15​
50​
13​
0​
0​
0​
Eggs whites
50​
23​
5​
1​
0​
0​
water 4 tbsp*
Dash of cinnamon for taste
Totals
118​
273​
38​
24​
5​
3.5​

Attachments

Goldenrod

Rookie
A simple a complete protein meal we make is salmon baked - 20 minutes while rice is steaming for the same time. Just mix the two with a little shake sauce and garlic powder and I know this is odd but I love sauerkraut so I mix it in. We eat most veggies raw so have peppers or Brussels sprouts on the side...30 minutes and s good and healthy meal.

Kanon

Rookie
We have salmon a few times a week. Love it. Chicken, salmon, tuna, usually the go to most lean protein.

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
-- Thanks for the recipe suggestions! I moved your thread to the 'Recipes' forum for better exposure.

Goldenrod

Rookie
Eggs are s great source of protein and 4-6 eggs with s piece of toast, and whatever I have in the fridge to mix in makes a fast and delicious meal. Ham, steak pieces, a little cheese, peppers and black pepper and you have-have a fairly high protein and fairly low calorie meal.

Kanon

Rookie
Ground Chicken Cabbage. Fry the chicken up. Add the coleslaw and cook. Add the sauce ingredients and stir. Cook until well mixed and hot. Most of the calories in the sauce are going to be fat and sugars so can adjust to desired taste and calories. This will feed 2 adults with possible left overs depending. Another modest calorie, high protein, quick and easy meal.

DESCRIPTIONSERVING SIZE (g)CALORIESPROTEIN (g)CARBS (g)SUGAR (g)FAT (g)
Extra Lean Ground Chicken
450​
630​
85.5​
0​
0​
40.5​
coleslaw
680​
200​
16​
40​