What's new

Protein fast

Thread starter #1

Justaguy

Registered
I'm in day one of a new experiment, morning midday and night im taking three scoops of casein protein 210g total. This is while taking 30mg of mk 677. Im also sipping a natural bcaa mix with electrolytes and taking the normal supplements.

199 day one Lol

The goal is the induce autophagy in everything but my muscles"can't really be tracked" but also ill keep track of weight from full digestive system and glycogen levels to the same feasted a couple days later.

Also going to try targeting areas of fat the only exercises i will do is abs to see if load overtime with calorie restriction even works. Nothing too crazy also im thinking one set on the ab roller in the morning for shock then one set of side to sides.

1.5cm of fat pinched on both delts and abs for reference.

I think im bored. Haha

My impression of fasting to induce autophagy is 36+ hrs of water only. I'm not sure a PSFMD (Protein Sparing Fast Mimicking Diet) will induce autophagy. But, as you said there is no way of measuring.

Thread starter #3

Justaguy

Registered
Any calorie restriction will increase the bodies response to self preservation, maybe you're thinking ketosis? I just wanto keep nitrogen in my muscle but i also worded things wrong. Its two separate mechanisms, muscle wasting and autophagy. Even light exorcise will spark autophagy.

So my goal is to prevent muscle waste while putting my body into a self preserving state and increasing autophagy.

This is from Dr Fung”s site (He’s out of Toronto)
https://idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-fasting-25/
Or if you don’t want to read the whole thing...
What turns off autophagy? Eating. Glucose, insulin (or decreased glucagon) and proteins all turn off this self-cleaning process. And it doesn’t take much. Even a small amount of amino acid (leucine) could stop autophagy cold. So this process of autophagy is unique to fasting – something not found in simple caloric restriction or dieting.

Thread starter #5

Justaguy

Registered
Hes written that article with alzheimers disease as the context, but all the actual studies iv read from harvard and other accredited places say different. So maybe there is a specific state that will target the brain and it makes sense because what's the last thing your body wants to preserve? Id say its the brain so you would need to be in a state of last resort.

Autophagy in general is a normal day to day process of the human body.

Thread starter #7

Justaguy

Registered
My simplistic view on this would be that I'm taking large amounts of all my vitamins plus resveratrol and bucky balls. So ill have large amounts of electron adding antioxidants and less free radical oxidizing molecules. With the restrictions in fuel the body will feel the need to become more efficient and with extra srt1 (resveritrol 2000mg) will have the firepower and reason to do so?

Dude. Breaking it down into macro, micro and cmd is way beyond my level of intellect. 🤓
Here’s my take. Written with my favorite coloured crayon.
Autophagy happens all the time in wee bits.
However, insulin starts up mtor. Mtor shuts off autophagy.
In order to upregulate autophagy, it requires a fast longer than over night. Best guesses by all the experts seem to say 36hrs. I’m not one of said experts.
Dr Fung didn’t write that article with alzheimers in mind. He said The consequences of accumulating old junky proteins all over the place can be seen in two main conditions – Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) and cancer.
Something autophagy may prevent.

Thread starter #9

Justaguy

Registered
Dude. Breaking it down into macro, micro and cmd is way beyond my level of intellect. 🤓
Here’s my take. Written with my favorite coloured crayon.
Autophagy happens all the time in wee bits.
However, insulin starts up mtor. Mtor shuts off autophagy.
In order to upregulate autophagy, it requires a fast longer than over night. Best guesses by all the experts seem to say 36hrs. I’m not one of said experts.
Dr Fung didn’t write that article with alzheimers in mind. He said The consequences of accumulating old junky proteins all over the place can be seen in two main conditions – Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) and cancer.
Something autophagy may prevent.

Yeah that full blown balls out autophagy is almost enlightening lol once you get past the fog and tiredness you feel sharp and feather lite! Longest iv done is 14 days but it was for ayahuasca lol

Compounds like mnm are commin out and they look promising at promoting induction but you also need more nad. This subject is super interesting lol

Thread starter #12

Justaguy

Registered
5 days in im dow to 194 belly fat is .9 cm pinched delt is .7, so targeted fat loss is bullshit lol however the fat loss has been pretty epic, even if i attributed half to sodium,bloat, water im still around 6 lbs 3lbs at 75 % and its visually changed my look.

Anyways im going back to eating lol

I like the idea, I do however think autophagy is initiated by the gut microbiome. The research out there has shown there’s a synergistic link between gut bacteria and the cells lining the intestines, but to tease out which initiates, I suppose, “body wide” autophagy it’s hard to say. What is known is that there’s a signal to the liver in response to the drop in glucose (if you’re not fat adapted). With the casein and aminos throughout the day I think your glucose levels will be constantly elevated, and your metabolism would be constantly working due to the slow digestive properties of casein, thereby losing any benefits of being fasted..

Off topic, sort of relates to the Alzheimer’s (not really but kind of). But there’s some research out there using diet induced autophagy to combat Parkinson’s. This assumes it’s a disease caused by specific gut prions. It’s controversal. Lots of good studies coming out that suggests it’s not a prion (it’s a good thing). Parkinson’s is a non prion disease Studies are from MNI in Quebec

Thread starter #14

Justaguy

Registered
Well there was a defined day of feeling shitty and after that i was sharp. The resveratrol was the main enabler of the sirt cells along with periodic lite body damage "workout" to induce the gene expression "sirt 1-7" ?? I'm pretty sure the genes were activated anyways, but eh you guys could be correct. Lol

It felt great anyways and i lost .6cm of fat pinched sitting at 197 all fed, it was a good experience either way and im thinking about doing it for 7 days? Lol

So not entirely sure here.
But likely you merely introduced a state of ketosis...rather than a true "fast" or triggering any autophagy.
Check out this clip from the JRE with Dr. Rhonda Patrick.
She gets into a little bit of the nuts and bolts of what it is, how to introduce autophagy, some of the effects etc.
TLDR: anything other than water will activate your system/enzymes and will prevent autophagy, therefore LONG fasts are not really necessary but intermittent or "time restricted eating" will trigger autophagy everday.

So my take away is that your supplements and your protein a) prevents autophagy b) allowed you to enter ketosis

Also, as you've discovered "targeted" fat loss is not possible.