What's new

Quebec

Thread starter #1
I just heard that 17 people had died in Quebec because of the heat. This is sad. I hope all our members are safe and sound.

totofx

Registered
Cant be more safe, work in Alberta. But ya it is sad, i usually work in that heat in Montreal as bricklayer. People drink water but forget water is as bad as not drinking at one point.... You need electrolyte, get that coconut water for electrolyte

Yeah the toll was at 16 dead yesterday from heat related illness. It's been well above 40 degrees Celsius here for almost 2 weeks now and it doesn't let up much at night either.

Yep it been tough. Thank god I have central air at home and at work.
Spent the long WE in the yard, 15 minutes in the shade, 15 minutes in the pool. Don't want to spend this beautifull sunny weather inside.

Thread starter #5
It must be global warming. The temperatures in Ireland and Scotland have never been so high. Belgium is no exception. We have 30 degrees every day ....

66chevy,
Completely agree. But it does make good reality TV. He's turning the office of the president into a total joke.

I live in Ottawa and we generally get this every summer for anywhere from 2-4 weeks, not always in a row but at somepoint and usually in July. It is the humidity that is hard to take, the heat is one thing but add in the humidity on top of it and it is so hot. I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't have my central air. Hopefully there are no more deaths.

peales

Registered
The heat way in central Canada and even the Maritimes is brutal and tragic. This is one of the reason I'm glad I live in St John's. Today's temp was around 20 degrees. We have generally shitty weather, but nothing extreme besides some snow blizzards.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

If all apartments need to have heat for winter, then all new buildings should have central air.

No on should have to die from heat.

Live in southern ont been over 100 with high humidity i will sit in the sun at times my workouts are without air my shirt is drenched but i make sure im drinkin enough too we already had more 90 degree days than all of last year my vitamin n mineral regiment is also on point this reminds me of the days workin out in the ymca gym shit on days like these i worked in the ford casting and aluminum fondries lol thanks MG

Last edited:
It’s still crazy here in QC! The top floor of my house is, and has been, in the high 20’s / low 30’s for a good portion of this summer. Love the summer but you definitely need AC in your bedrooms, and home gym if it applies. The humidity here is insane also. Came from BC about 4-5 years ago to QC and was shocked at the temperature adjustment required. Craziness.

Thread starter #16
It’s still crazy here in QC! The top floor of my house is, and has been, in the high 20’s / low 30’s for a good portion of this summer. Love the summer but you definitely need AC in your bedrooms, and home gym if it applies. The humidity here is insane also. Came from BC about 4-5 years ago to QC and was shocked at the temperature adjustment required. Craziness.
Temperatures in Europe are far too high, around 38 to 40 Celsius. I wish there was some wind.

Agreed MG. That kind of heat makes it hard to do anything strenuous outside for very long. Thank goodness for AC inside anyways, even though it sucks being inside when it beautiful out.

Thread starter #18
Agreed MG. That kind of heat makes it hard to do anything strenuous outside for very long. Thank goodness for AC inside anyways, even though it sucks being inside when it beautiful out.
Most of the (old) buildings here don't have AC. A colleague contacted me earlier this week, 38.5 degrees in her office!