What's new

Question about Canadian Protein's Whey

Thread starter #1

lpet

Registered
Hi All,

Like many here I've been using Canadian Protein for years and loved them (still do). This isn't a concern, more of a question - I occasionally get different consistencies in the Whey Isolate that I purchase from them. Not a difference in quality as far as I know, but literally the protein appears to be of a different consistency. Occasionally it'll look powdery like all other whey I'll get, and sometimes it's more similar to the consistency of a fine beach sand.

But it's always the same protein, Whey Isolate, that I'm ordering - just wondering if someone has experienced this. I've always enjoyed their product, just curious.

Best,

Luka

Mnemonic

Registered
I noticed the same... I can't complain and still use them, but there is definitely some consistency differences.
Sometimes it will be rather course and it will not shake as well, leaving clumps.
Other times it will be perfectly smooth, static cling, mixes effortlessly.

Not sure what changes from batch to batch, could even be humidity.

I’ve noticed a few times the inconsistency of the powder from bag to bag. Again no way of testing the potency and assuming the product is still what it’s nutritional value says it is.
I don’t complain. For the price you pay , there’s no argument.
I just assume it’s humidity/temperature kept. Or the compacting settlement of the powder in the bag over time.
Just need to shake a little more vulgarly sometimes.

66Chevy

Super Moderator
Just to be clear, are we talking about the regular whey isolate or the premium whey isolate? Because I get the premium and I’ve never noticed much difference in consistency fwiw.

Mnemonic

Registered
My observations above were with New Zealand whey blend.
Not really an issue, but definitely noticed a difference.

Brovel

Registered
Their protein isn’t bad, but I’ve noticed inconsistencies between orders. To be honest I don’t even bother ordering anymore, you can get New Zealand iso in buckets online for nearly the same price without having big messy bags.

I've noticed that, and as well as, their artificial flavors just gives me really bad indigestion and heartburn. there's just something in there that doesn't sit well and makes me nauseous.

Thread starter #9

lpet

Registered
I noticed in the regular (not New Zealand) Whey Isolate. Just very different consistencies between orders sometimes, even of the same flavour. Sometimes it's regular whey protein consistency (i.e. powdery), and sometimes it's more grainy like fine sand. That said, I like their cappuccino whey and will keep ordering from them.