What's new

Reactive Sling Shot 2XL

Thread starter #1

TripleA

Registered
Tried it out to see if it would alleviate my shoulder pain during bench but it did not. I have 18” arms and it fits. $45 shipped.

Admin #2

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
-- A friend of mine was claiming a 50lb increase to his bench by using a 'Sling Shot'. I told him I didn't even know what it was. He then pulled it out of his trunk. I took this pic of it across the hood of my car. He swears by it and how much it relieves his shoulder issues when benching. I assume it's the same contraption you're discussing?

It is really only good for assistance training if you compete in powerlifting. It can be used to train the top end of the lift and help carry over to equipped shirted bench press. It should never replace the normal flat bench press.

The first time I saw someone use one of these things - I'd never heard of them before - I thought the guy was special needs or something. Couldn't for the life of me imagine what the actual fuck he was trying to accomplish lol. I've since watched a vid of the guy who designed them (forget his name) talking about it, and tried one, and I still don't see the point. Although I admittedly know SFA about powerlifting or PL training...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

The first time I saw someone use one of these things - I'd never heard of them before - I thought the guy was special needs or something. Couldn't for the life of me imagine what the actual fuck he was trying to accomplish lol. I've since watched a vid of the guy who designed them (forget his name) talking about it, and tried one, and I still don't see the point. Although I admittedly know SFA about powerlifting or PL training...

It's kinda like reverse band benching... It helps the weight up to train the top half of the lift.

Toynut

Registered

lol ☺ I'd never heard of them before - I thought the guy was special needs or something.