What's new

Regular detailed blood work

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Sorry if this is in the wrong place but it is related to health.
Outside your doctor - living in a province with no access to naturopaths or any other system for detailed bloodwork, where can I get a more detailed blood test completed. I live no where near the US border either.
1. LH, FSH, as well as test, E, prolactin, etc. LGC is good but they only offer so much.
2. What tests would be recommended while taking GH to determine how much to take - IGF or anything else? To be clear - what I am asking is: just like T and wanting to have a level in my body that is in the high range of normal, same idea for GH. Ok’ing to have optimal levels in my body.
Further, in order to obtain number 2 - I need access to a reputable company that does this blood work.
I’m not looking for the most cost effective system, I’m not opposed to spending money monitoring my health but I don’t want to fly to Ontario for blood tests, etc.
Thank you in advance for anyone who can shed some light on this or has ideas.

Upjohn

Super Heavyweight
Iam curious also about the IGF blood test and where to private access it.

Once iam dialed in with the endo , i wanted to inquire about those numbers and if low address it. Would be nice to know those numbers before inquiring .

Most possible an endo wouldn't touch that and mens clinic would

PacMan

Seasoned VET
The only way to get detailed Blood work my friend is to get it done properly through your GP or a Natural Path to write you a requisition to get it done at a Lab like "Life Labs", here in BC for example.

Do not mess around, and get it done, just my 2 cents...

- PacMan

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Thanks @PacMan - I do get regular blood work through my GP and LGC but my GP’s knowledge for more detailed hormone tests is limited and won’t order some. Have to get to an endocrinologist for that. Unless your dying or an emergency, in this province, it will take up to 2 years to see an endo for what is deemed to be non urgent.
I am vigilant with my health checks. I will call the naturopath I deal with on Tuesday to see if anything changed in the blood test area since my last visit.

PacMan

Seasoned VET
Thanks @PacMan - I do get regular blood work through my GP and LGC but my GP’s knowledge for more detailed hormone tests is limited and won’t order some. Have to get to an endocrinologist for that. Unless your dying or an emergency, in this province, it will take up to 2 years to see an endo for what is deemed to be non urgent.
I am vigilant with my health checks. I will call the naturopath I deal with on Tuesday to see if anything changed in the blood test area since my last visit.
Yeah man, go to the Natural Path, they will order everything because they make $$ of of it. Most if not 99% of GP's have no clue about AAS.

Shit my GP asks me questions so that he can help other patients out, but he is open mined not like most...

- PacMan

Rubicon500

Super Heavyweight
Naturopaths will do the blood work , just lay out of pocket for the labs. Then if you have EHB you can claim 80% of them as well so it doesn’t really cost you much of anything. If you have EHB you’ll probaly have 500$ a year of coverage for naturopath as well.