What's new

RU58841 - Godsend of Hairloss Prevention in Bodybuilding

Jdave

Rookie
Does this do anything for reversing receding hair lines?

Spartin77

Rookie
Does this do anything for reversing receding hair lines?
Your asking if it stops it?

I'm not sure! I will let you know in a few months I'm pulling the trigger on it. When I start all let you know if I get sides e.g. itchy/flaky scalp, headaches ect. I want it to work. I just started using saw palmetto 450mg x1 daily, I'm prone to headaches I had to stop finx due to that. I hope this combo works or after this blast I'm taking it down. Not bald but a tight fade. In the end I can only jack my body hair is just an accessory.

Daway

Rookie
what about reversing the effects? i got some shit from my doctor for it to slow the process but i just looked at him and laughed... at one point you just have to embrace the razor!
Sorry disregard thought I was in search bar.

Goldenrod

Rookie
The sponsor company sells it. I tried the premixed from CMS and it left a white powder on my scalp. Didn’t use it long enough to notice any thing. May try it again.

Digidako22

Rookie
I've been using RU @ 8% EOD for well over a year now. Although I've recently switched to CB, and prefer the CB over RU. Nonetheless, there is no doubt that RU holds it own.

I plan to post a thread about my research in this area, but trying to find a residency has proved quite taxing.

Aside from minoxidil and an anti-androgen, I would strongly recommend dermaneedling. This is especially true if the goal is to regrow and maintain.

Research will also be posted.

I use a dermapen/dermastamp rather than the roller itself, as wounding sites are much more consistent.

1.5mm once or twice a month
and
1.0mm every week (except for the 1.5mm week).

Minox 5mg ED/EOD.

Nizoral E3D

I am probably a NW 1.5, but I went though a phase of paranoia about my hair and did everything to keep the anxiety at bay. That was about six years ago and my hairline is probably stronger than it has ever been.

RU and CB both work really well, but individual differences may vary. Always keep that in mind.

66Chevy

Super Moderator
I've been using RU @ 8% EOD for well over a year now. Although I've recently switched to CB, and prefer the CB over RU. Nonetheless, there is no doubt that RU holds it own.

I plan to post a thread about my research in this area, but trying to find a residency has proved quite taxing.

Aside from minoxidil and an anti-androgen, I would strongly recommend dermaneedling. This is especially true if the goal is to regrow and maintain.

Research will also be posted.

RU and CB both work really well, but individual differences may vary. Always keep that in mind.
Looking forward to reading your research and feedback...I think I am at the point where action needs to be taken, or time to embrace the clippers lol.

Goldenrod

Rookie
Looking forward to reading your research and feedback...I think I am at the point where action needs to be taken, or time to embrace the clippers lol.
I fear I’m the same stage Chev. When I was younger and working security, it never bothered me to take the clippers to my head. Now, I wear a suit everyday, Can’t see myself shaving my head for some reason.
What is CB @Digidako22

Thanks

LAF316

I fear I’m the same stage Chev. When I was younger and working security, it never bothered me to take the clippers to my head. Now, I wear a suit everyday, Can’t see myself shaving my head for some reason.
What is CB @Digidako22

Thanks
CB 03 01 or Breezula a topical Anti Androgen. Basically it's supposed to be better than Fina without the systemic side effects

LAF316

Public Release date for breezula is supposedly 2022. According to their website

techminimal

Throwing in my personal experience with RU and my hair loss journey with AAS. Will also make a thread about this in cycles forum as I know many people are worried about their hair and being extremely prone (starting balding at 16, now 28) I am an advocate to share experiences and help others concerned. [ TLDR at the bottom of this post ]

This was my first ever experience with RU - I purchased it solely with intent for it to act as a firewall on cycle , going forward I will continue to use it indefinitely based on below results. I apologize for spelling, grammar or formatting errors in advance as I’m writing this entirely on my phone.

Background :

I had a transplant in 2017 4500 grafts to the front of my hair line so this area is immune to MPB. I’ve had a bald spot with varying levels of thickness on my crown over the years . Finasteride reversed it to a dime sized hole about 8 months after my transplant,but after a cycle of test only last summer it noticeably thinned out to a tennis ball sized thin area without much protection being done.

Going forward I’m actively looking to protect my investment and maintain my youth until I at least make it to my 40s. Many people suggest just shaving your head if you’re prone and wish to use gear but for some of us we just don’t want to , and it’s ok ! My experience proves it’s possible to have your cake and eat it too while taking non abusive levels of gear.

I am very open minded when it comes to experimenting with all sorts of things and I believe that’s how we advance as humans and better ourselves , so I am more than happy to be a lab rat when it comes to ‘playing with fire’ with using gear as a genetically prone MPB individual.

Hair Protection Protocol

3x 60ML minoxidil 5%
10mg RU58841 raw powder
Mixed 3.33mg of powder into each bottle .
1ml once daily and later increased to 1.5ml once daily (see below)
Also taking 0.5mg dutasteride per day (switched from finasteride one month prior to beginning below cycle.
Regenepure / nizoral shampoo every other day ( I used both during this experiment)

Note here about dutasteride and nandrolone - many people believe inhibiting 5AR will cause havoc and allow nandrolones non 5AR reduced hormone to wreak havoc on your hair line . This has not been scientifically proven and is purely bro science. Based on my experience using dutasteride/finasteride with nandrolone and test far supersedes going without it. If you care anything about your hair and want to use gear , DO NOT skip out on inhibiting 5AR , saw palmetto isn’t going to cut it either.

Gear:

Began a 14 week blast back in March which consisted of test, tbol , NPP , 8 weeks in switched the NPP out for tren, switched tbol out for anavar , and added masteron, keeping in mind this switch would be hard on the hairline I increased my daily dose of above mixture from 1 ml to 1.5ml to act as a firewall. This blast was meant to be a recomp.

For those interested I went from 210 ~25% bf to 210 ~10-12% bf (25 was tested with calipers and I was dexa scanned close to the end at 15%, but got significantly leaner after the scan)

Dosing for those who are interested albeit my results are completely anecdotal and individually based, so please take these with a grain of salt; there are many many variables at play and my experience may not reflect yours.

1-4 test e 250mg /wk
1-4 tbol 40mg / day
1-4 npp 350mg /wk
5-8 test e 350mg/wk
5-8 tbol 60mg /day
5-8 npp 525mg/wk
9-14 test e 300mg/wk
9-14 tren ace 350mg/wk
9-14 mast P - 450mg/wk
9-14 anavar - 50mg/day

PCT

None!!! I blast and cruise.

Hair Effects during cycle

About 4 weeks in the shedding began at a very low rate , expected , once I switched to more androgenic compounds my shedding picked up noticeably. Below outlines what I think happened.

The shedding I experienced up until recently (now been off for 8 weeks) was completely diffuse - this includes my transplanted and donor areas as well as MPB immune areas such as the sides and back. This cycle ripped my entire head a new asshole and noticeably thinned it for me. Those close to me didn’t notice it , as diffuse thinning is respectful in the way that it doesn’t peel back and expose bald spots, just gives you a thinner look and less freedom for hair styles. About a month after coming off was the absolute worse losing about 300 hairs a day in the sink easily .

Post Cycle Hair effects

My hair continued to shed at an exasperated rate for several weeks , elevating my anxiety to sky high levels after each shower seeing my locks go down the drain. However I had faith I was experiencing something called telogen effluvium , which I found evidently isn’t commonly discussed in the AAS community after several hours of researching it. Everything looked much thinner including my crown MPB prone area, and my entire scalp was diffusing. The tennis ball thin spot had increased to a softball size. This hair shedding pattern is indicitive of telogen effluvium (TE).

My hypothesis was the acetate and propionate esters of tren and masteron being introduced at week 8 caused rapid hormonal fluctuations and this triggered the onset of TE, almost exactly 2 months after my first pin of both the shedding really picked up .

For those unaware , TE is a skin/scalp condition which sends 20-30% more of your active growing hairs into the resting state, effectively cutting off any blood and nutrient supply to the hair and killing it . The hair remains in this state for 2-4 months and sheds randomly afterwards. Side note , Minoxidil shortens the time your hair will remain in this resting state and this explains why the onset of my shedding occurred in a shorter period. If you notice you shed while using gear and your hair develops a fine and brittle texture, this condition could be why as a significant supply of hair follicles are no longer getting oxygen. Most of the time this condition is common in post partum / menopausal women and is triggered by significant changes in hormones , diet , medications , stress etc. I had this in mind prior to starting this cycle and was willing to ride it out .

The end of it all ..

95% of the posts I read about people experiencing hair loss or shedding the person never comes back to report what has happened to their hair in the long term, I am not one of those people and I will detail my progress over time .

It is now 8 weeks since I’ve been on any hormones other than testosterone... the shedding is now down to 15 hairs or so in the shower which is normal as my hair is generally very thick and sheds normally.

Guess what ? It’s all growing back thicker than ever now - my crown is thicker than it was before I jumped on and all the shed hairs are coming in stronger. It’s not complete yet as this process takes several months and one must be willing to ride out spouts of anxiety and a generally thin scalp if you’re willing to experiment.

This tells me one very important lesson - I was mostly experiencing hormonal fluctuation induced telogen effluvium shedding , which RU will do jack shit to prevent , However, I feel like RU and dutasteride played a very important role in keeping my MPB areas intact and preventing any thinning and minituriation while taking DHT based compounds.

Conclusion (TLDR)

Being simultaneously a MPB prone individual and a hobby bodybuilder I wanted to use gear and keep my hair at the same time . I found out about RU58841 through a friend and decided to put it to the ultimate test and submit myself to a lab rat experiment. Using a typical dose of RU in conjunction with daily dutasteride while on a moderate cycle using a mix of non androgenic and very androgenic compounds I found that while my hair line still responds negatively to exogenous hormone Introduction into my body via shedding, I found that adding RU58841 was very effective in halting/preventing any permanent AAS hair loss. I will keep it as a staple in all of my cycles going forward and continue to experiment and define just exactly what my body responds best and worst to. The biggest takeaway from this experiment for me was my body responds negatively to disruption in homeostasis by shedding hairs through a condition called telogen effluvium. Going forward I will only use slow acting esters and avoid drastic hormonal fluctuations but Introducing compounds to my cycles at a slow and less invasive rate. All of what I have outlined above is my own personal experience and may not have the same results for anyone else , so please take anything with a grain of salt . I do however encourage anybody who is interested in trying AAS to add RU58841 as it is certainly an effective compound in preventing miniaturization while on superphysiological doses of hormones.

I hope one person has seen value in this post as this will have made it worth it !

Cheers
Tech

techminimal

Any side effects u noticed? From the Duta or the RU?
None at all for me . I think being on replacement doses of test for long enough time while being on duta allows the body to adjust to the absence of DHT in the body and testosterone is able to fulfill its role . DHT derived compounds seem to be extremely potent for me given this condition and I’ve never needed high doses for them to be effective.

LAF316

Well u have rekindled my interest in RU. Might have to try out your mixture there and see how it goes. Thanks for the input

techminimal

Well u have rekindled my interest in RU. Might have to try out your mixture there and see how it goes. Thanks for the input
No problem. I think it’s always worth it to test things out for yourself and not let fear mongering get to the best of you . I was on finasteride for nearly 8 years before switching to duta and never once had fin dick , gyno or anything of the sort but evidently I am not prone. Duta may have been the culprit of some increased shedding as it causes a further duck in DHT levels, (nukes them 90-95% ish as opposed to 65-70%) it may also have a higher chance to cause erectile problems but I think if you are using gear or replacing your hormones you can generally call yourself exempt from any worry of these issues if you’re prone.

The minox mix is a good idea for people who are unable to order grain alcohol to mix it themselves . I think only people who live in alberta and perhaps Ontario have access to 190 proof everclear, I couldn’t get it in BC.

You are able to buy premixed solutions online but the cost benefit isn’t nearly as worth it as buying raw and mixing it yourself .

NG_F

Rookie
I have been keeping my hair nice and thick with 1/5 tab finestride every week or two. Seems to do wonders for me and at that small dose I don’t think I’ll suffer any neg sides. With the RU is the growth permanent? I read with monoxidil u pretty much have to stay on for life
1/5 of 5mg proscar I'm assuming, since these generics are Much more cheaper than propecia (y)

NG_F

Rookie
RU is a non-steroidal experimental anti-androgen, which is intended for use as a topical treatment for acne and androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness). DHT is the main cause of hairloss in men.

DHT (a necessary and otherwise useful hormone) attaches to and shrinks hair follicles in those prone to MPB (male pattern baldness). RU58841 may help prevent this when topically applied. It works by attaching to the hair follicle and preventing DHT from attaching to it. When protected by RU58841 scalp hairs can grow to maturity and not be miniaturized by DHT.

Clinical trials investigating RU58841's potential to prevent DHT from reaching scalp hair receptors have been overwhelmingly positive.

A study in the Journal of Steroid Bio-Chemistry and Molecular Biology concluded the exceptionally high topical activity of RU58841 combined with unprecedented selectivity with respect to systemic effects suggest that this compound is a candidate of choice for the local treatment of androgen dependent skin disorders such as acne and androgenic alopecia.
People make the misconception that topical = effects you want minus the sides you don't want. It doesn't work that way!
The scalp has very high blood supply and anything transdermal which is applied is going to enter systemic circulation with High permeability!

You're better off taking fin or dut, as these only suppress the metabolite of Testosterone via 5ar which IMO is still shit and softens the physique and kills libido and errections.

RU-58841 produces Cyanonilutamide. Cyanonilutamide has relatively low affinity for the androgen receptor but shows significant antiandrogenic activity!

Which translates it to being useless for Tren Hair loss but can still Wreak Havoc on lifting and physique gains as well as a high level of sexual shutdown/dysfunction!

You can compare it to a milder form of Anti-androgen known as Androcur (Cyproterone Acetate) which is used in conditions where Higher circulating androgens are not desirable or Highly Adverse.

In Males:

CPA has been found to be effective in the treatment of acne in males, reducing inflammatory acne lesions by 73% at a dosage of 100 mg/day in one study.[51][52][53] It can also halt further progression of scalp hair loss in men.[54] However, its side effects in men, such as gynecomastia, sexual dysfunction, decreased bone mineral density, and impaired spermatogenesis, make the use of CPA in males impractical in most cases.[54][52][53][55] Lower dosages of CPA, such as 25 mg/day, have been found to be better-tolerated in males however.[53] But such dosages also show lower effectiveness in the treatment of Acne.

I would never fuck around with trying to directly or take a chance with indirectly lowering my androgen bio-availability.
Androgens are Great for bone density and keeping healthy efficient perfusion to the heart. Lowering androgens in these target areas could easily invite an environment for gradual Cardiac ischemia.