What's new

Russian Weightlifter Suffers Career Ending Injury in Horrific Moment

that's fuck all, I ruptured both my quads just like that video, in 2 separate occasions. just a few surgeries and a couple months in a wheelchair and then a couple months in crutches. And now my legs look like HP pencils I can't squat with weights can't run or peddle a bike comfortably lol..

Poor guy he's got a rough road ahead. and that snap is so much louder in real life its disturbing I still get nightmares of that sound.

Well that definitely made me cringe.
Poor guy, and I wish him all the best in recovery, but man I hope that never happens to me.

Daway

Registered
glad a read the comments before watching it. i removed headphones but im still reluctant to hit "play"

EDit - OMG WHY DID I CLICK IT!

what causes an injury like that? too much depth? trying to progress with too much weight too fast? freak random shit?

redz

Registered
How much weight was that? I used to do 560 for 8 reps but quit going heavy out of the idea eventually I’d get injured if I kept climbing up.

Jdave

Registered
that's fuck all, I ruptured both my quads just like that video, in 2 separate occasions. just a few surgeries and a couple months in a wheelchair and then a couple months in crutches. And now my legs look like HP pencils I can't squat with weights can't run or peddle a bike comfortably lol..

Poor guy he's got a rough road ahead. and that snap is so much louder in real life its disturbing I still get nightmares of that sound.
Damn double D, that’s fucked up. Can you do legs at all at this point? Or just no?

TS1

Registered
I cant watch these videos without squinting - heck I dont watch them at all.

Never ever good to see a lifter injury and worse when the injury is so brutal.

"Life is a marathon - not a race"
-unknown

Seeing it the first time through: Aaahh...hardcore cringe

Seeing the slow-mo replay at the end of the video, thinking about the person who made the video: Are you kidding me? Seriously?? You gotta put that in slow-mo so we can't miss a nanosecond? Really? I can actually feel it happening now. Thanks.