What's new

S-Adenosyl-l-methionine (sam-e): its role in the treatment of liver disorders

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight

sam-e is part of regular regimen of supplements for liver protection. This article provides interesting information.

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Were do you get this stuff is it in supplement store?
yes, it is in most supplement stores. Walmart and some of the bigger companies carry it too. Most grocery store sections for supplements don't. i buy it online from vitamart as it is cheaper. If you had to take 1000 mg a day, it would be dollars a day as it is expensive. I buy 400 mg tabs from Vitamart and take twice a day and if I'm upping a dose of gear, take 3 to 4 pills. Not that we are dogs/cats but it is the go to medication for most vets for almost any liver issues. It kept our little dog a live to an old age when she was given years. She had a disease that sent her liver enzymes into dangerous ranges so he prescribed 200 a day - she weighed 25 lbs. Within a month she was in normal range. Sorry for the story but I thought it relevant to see it in action first hand.

Big belly

Super Heavyweight
yes, it is in most supplement stores. Walmart and some of the bigger companies carry it too. Most grocery store sections for supplements don't. i buy it online from vitamart as it is cheaper. If you had to take 1000 mg a day, it would be dollars a day as it is expensive. I buy 400 mg tabs from Vitamart and take twice a day and if I'm upping a dose of gear, take 3 to 4 pills. Not that we are dogs/cats but it is the go to medication for most vets for almost any liver issues. It kept our little dog a live to an old age when she was given years. She had a disease that sent her liver enzymes into dangerous ranges so he prescribed 200 a day - she weighed 25 lbs. Within a month she was in normal range. Sorry for the story but I thought it relevant to see it in action first hand.
Thanks goldenrod I will definitely add this to my arsenal great info

Regular

Lightweight
More awesome info. Please do keep them coming - thanks again Golden!

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
I bought that brand many times - I started buying organika cause it was cheaper but Natural Factors is well priced too. If you take a lot of it - 800 mg a day, it gets very expensive. Organika comes in 400 mg tab and I break them in half. Check Vitamart out and compare prices - I found it was a fair bit less.