What's new

Safe mail URL?

Thread starter #1

Barracuda

Registered
official safe mail url? There are some copy cat mail systems on the search engine, and the one I had looked at was free. From what I have read on the forums recently, I thought you could only be invited by an existing safe mail account?

Safe-mail is anything but safe lol. They have fully admitted to handing over emails to the feds when simply asked, not even served with a subpoena. They just have it over easily. protonmail is the only email source I trust now and even then it is best to use PGP encryption. They make it very easy to integrand PGP into the email automatically just by copying and pasting your public key into the PGP function although of course both parties need to have this set up for it to work. PGP is the only 100% safe messaging application that has been around for decades and used even by the government.

Although, for just ordering gear, as long as both parties have a protonmail email, it is automatically encrypted anyway and I do not worry too much as I am not ordering bulk for resale or anything like that. Still though, PGP is very, very easy to learn and anyone that is truly worried about their emails being read should use it for 100% peace of mind.

They even have PGP cell phones now. They have for years in face. No phone calls can be made, the GPS, microphone and anything that can track the location of you is disabled from the phone. People from bankers needing to safely send financial info, government officials and high level drug dealers use these phones. Most of the time they are blackberries or samsung phones that have been modded. Do not just buy a PGP phone from any source though, if they have a copy of the private key they will be able to see all your communications.

Again, you do not really at all need espically a PGP phone unless you are doing something at a very high level. I just find it very interesting.

Hey guys, do not mean to be repeating myself but although you do have the URL right (www.safe-mail.net) it is not at all safe. They are based in Israel, they hand over information to any law enforcement agency without even being served with a subpoena which means they hand over info even when they legally do not have to.

If you are using safe-mail.net, at least use PGP. But seriously, just get a www.protonmail.com email. If both parties use it it is automatically encrypted and they are a company based in the Canton of Geneva, and its servers are located at two locations in Switzerland, outside of North American and EU jurisdiction and Switzerland has the best internet privacy laws in the world. That is where all the torrent/piracy sites are hosted for a reason.

-- I've continued to use Safe-mail without incident for nearly a decade. There was a time it went down for 2 months (I think in 2015) but it was for restructuring and cleaning their database of spam mailers and other troublesome accounts. Since then it's been running as smoothly as one can expect with no noticeable outage time. I also utilize Protonmail (Switzerland) and Tutanota (Germany) and they're both fine as well. It's my belief that if authorities in any one of these countries took issue with you they'd find a way to gain access to your communications -- Just a question of how badly do they want you.

-- I've continued to use Safe-mail without incident for nearly a decade. There was a time it went down for 2 months (I think in 2015) but it was for restructuring and cleaning their database of spam mailers and other troublesome accounts. Since then it's been running as smoothly as one can expect with no noticeable outage time. I also utilize Protonmail (Switzerland) and Tutanota (Germany) and they're both fine as well. It's my belief that if authorities in any one of these countries took issue with you they'd find a way to gain access to your communications -- Just a question of how badly do they want you.
im going to disagree with you chief. i had more than 1 extended down time. before that big 2 month one they trashed my account on me and i had to start a new one. i had comparability problems, not getting emails from people with other site accounts. safe mail caused me some real problems with identifying myself online and communication problems. i couldnt confirm the story about them giving any info LE wanted from them without warrant. i suspect its anti jew propaganda. if you are using encrypted messages, i dont think even safe mail could decrypt the messages. anyway, fuck safe mail. proton and tuta are more impressive with no service interruptions