What's new

salt no black pepper yes

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight

Another cheap supplement - I prefer to mix mine with ginger/turmeric and olive oil and I don't go sparingly. 10 cloves at least a day.
Monks say it is the perfect food albeit that doesn't make it so but it does have several health benefits people should consider and some of the benefits are related to people who take gear.
The internet is loaded with info on black pepper - I attached one link.
Cheers
GR

Salt is actually good for you, lots of info on that now. Sodium intake was always a mystery but doctors always said to keep it low, now they aren't sure and others are saying it is very important. Stan Efferding says make sure you get 3-4 grams a day of sodium. If you eat out or eat prepared meals you are most likely getting enough in but if you make all your own meals add in some salt, preferably the himalayan stuff. If are having a lot of muscle cramps try adding more salt to your diet or go take a teaspoon of salt.

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Salt is actually good for you, lots of info on that now. Sodium intake was always a mystery but doctors always said to keep it low, now they aren't sure and others are saying it is very important. Stan Efferding says make sure you get 3-4 grams a day of sodium. If you eat out or eat prepared meals you are most likely getting enough in but if you make all your own meals add in some salt, preferably the himalayan stuff. If are having a lot of muscle cramps try adding more salt to your diet or go take a teaspoon of salt.
thanks @rhynoplanet - recall my Mom saying that 20 plus years ago. I guess what I was trying to say is the typical diet for NA is loaded with salt and too much of it. Some pre prepared shit has 33-50% of your daily allowance. We use sea salt and there are certain foods, not many, that I have to add salt to like scrambled eggs and a good steak. Thanks for the tip on muscle cramps!
Appreciate the info. When my wife had low BP - the treatment was more salt in her diet.
take care

biguglynewf

Super Moderator
Daily allowance is a relative term remember.

Like many things, numbers posted by the so called experts reflect finding within the average population. Bodybuilders like always don’t fit into this mold.

If you are training hard and sweating like a motherfucker you are losing tons of sodium and potassium and will probably have to consume more than published recommendations.

It’s not an excuse to eat poorly, but balancing electrolytes is very important. Always be mindful of information and where it comes from - but most importantly how it may apply to you as an individual.

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Daily allowance is a relative term remember.

Like many things, numbers posted by the so called experts reflect finding within the average population. Bodybuilders like always don’t fit into this mold.

If you are training hard and sweating like a motherfucker you are losing tons of sodium and potassium and will probably have to consume more than published recommendations.

It’s not an excuse to eat poorly, but balancing electrolytes is very important. Always be mindful of information and where it comes from - but most importantly how it may apply to you as an individual.
thanks @biguglynewf - again guys I was just trying to say the health benefits of black pepper are numerous, I should have left out the salt lol. I hear ya and agree - what your saying makes sense.
Appreciate the input BUN.
GR

biguglynewf

Super Moderator
thanks @biguglynewf - again guys I was just trying to say the health benefits of black pepper are numerous, I should have left out the salt lol. I hear ya and agree - what your saying makes sense.
Appreciate the input BUN.
GR
Lol.... I knew you would know this. Just adding on to rhyno’s input for other members that may not. Sorry.... it does take away from the intention of the post.

I love black pepper. Mostly for the taste but it definitely also has a multitude of health benefits as you say..... win:win for me!