What's new

Sarms and liver values

Kanon

VET
It's came up on the forum about the liver toxicity of certain sarms. I can only really comment on Ostarine. My sarm experience is minimal. I regularly get blood work done. So I have some nice compares. I also encourage anyone else who has done blood work after a sarm cycle to post it so we can see if any effect on liver values occur.

Blood work Feb 19th 2020. 6 weeks post cycle with anavar and some tren. ALT- 44 AST- 45 GGT- 26 HIGH

Blood work May 20th 2020. Been off, pre cycle bloods. ALT- 26 AST - 27 GGT- 15 PERFECT

Blood work Nov 1st 2020 8 weeks post cycle with halo and tren. ALT- 44 AST- 45 GGT- 26 HIGH

Blood work Feb 1st 2021 3 weeks after 30mg OSTARINE ED for 8 weeks. ALT- 28 GGT- 15 PERFECT (unfortunately ast didnt' get ordered)

I'm for sure comfortable in saying Ostarine does not negatively effect MY liver values. Not saying it won't effect others differently. I'm curious to see tests like this on other Sarms.

Goldenrod

VET
Ostarine, MK677 (not a sarm), S23, Rad140, and LGD did not impact my liver enzymes at all. I too get my liver/CBC checked every few months.

None were above the normal range. I don't touch sarms anymore but wanted to try them to see if there was much to the hype so I'm no expert but if I recall correctly the sarm that impacts the liver the most is YK11. Due to the fact I don't touch them I don't spend much time reading about their impact.
I never did any Sarm for more than 30 days either considering the long term effects are not known.

I recall you saying you liked ostarine, I started taking it because of injuries and it is advertised to help injuries. I found it made me worse and did absolutely nothing. Maybe I wasn't taking enough?
It is by far the most studied and will be on the market for sarcopenia soon.

Speaking of Sarms, my buddy at the gym has got gyno lumps, he's looking at surgery possibly, I suggested rolaxifen if he can find it, he says his source told him Sarms can reverse it, any knowledge of this? I'm old school so not up on new things.

Harley00

The Rebel
What lab was this done on?
I think the lab has lots to do with it aswell , not so great lab not so great liver. Iv read of sarms crushing livers , but they were labs iv never heard off .

Goldenrod

VET
Sarms I’ve tried ostarine, rad140, both of which tanked my HDL and put my ALT way outside of ref range.
ostarine, in particular, should not or it wouldn't be into phase 2 trials getting lose to being used for sarcopenia. Unfortunate, you had that experience.

Goldenrod

VET
Speaking of Sarms, my buddy at the gym has got gyno lumps, he's looking at surgery possibly, I suggested rolaxifen if he can find it, he says his source told him Sarms can reverse it, any knowledge of this? I'm old school so not up on new things.
If they do, I would love to know the mechanism by which they do that. I read a lot years ago on sarms and never once did I read this. If you think of what a lot of these sarms do - they might tank your normal testosterone (LGD, Rad140, S23) and S23 was created in mind as a male contraceptive and I can tell you first hand it is powerful, builds muscle, and shrinks your testicles fast. I loved it but considering not much is known about it I used it for 1 month and never again.
I think the suggestion is wrong but maybe someone much smarter than I can come on here and explain how a sarm would act to rectify gyno. Believe you said sarms so you can take any of them? They all fix gyno? I would be sticking to the tried and true products for gyno before I went to a sarm.
Hope someone chimes in here and explains how this might be possible.

Brbpuppy

Super Heavyweight
ostarine, in particular, should not or it wouldn't be into phase 2 trials getting lose to being used for sarcopenia. Unfortunate, you had that experience.
I’ve heard that training heavy can shoot your ALT up as well, which could of been the case as I had a big leg day the day before I went for bloods.

Kanon

VET
Sarms I’ve tried ostarine, rad140, both of which tanked my HDL and put my ALT way outside of ref range.
Interesting. What were your base number pre sarm cycle ?

I didn’t mention it above. But all my lipids were very good. But I also eat properly and regular cardio. ( not implying you don’t )

as for leg day causing elevated ALT. Sounds like a bro science myth

Kanon

VET
What lab was this done on?
I think the lab has lots to do with it aswell , not so great lab not so great liver. Iv read of sarms crushing livers , but they were labs iv never heard off .
UGL you’re referring too ? It was Syn.

so are you thinking poor quality labs are mixing it with a liver toxic substance ? I mean unless they aren’t even using Sarms. Could be anavar for all we know lol

Kanon

VET
A Serm sure. I don’t think any sarms will help. I’ve been wrong before. He’d have to explain the reasoning. 🤔

Brbpuppy

Super Heavyweight

I didn’t mention it above. But all my lipids were very good. But I also eat properly and regular cardio. ( not implying you don’t )

first pic is roughly 5 weeks into rad cycle I think. Second pic was pre ostarine and rad, when natty.

ALT went from 48 to 88.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kanon

VET
first pic is roughly 5 weeks into rad cycle I think. Second pic was pre ostarine and rad, when natty.

ALT went from 48 to 88.
Holy. Thanks for posting that. Your ALT being at 48 when natural ain’t that great either. Your HDL on RAD is lower than my HDL while I was on Tren LOL. Crazy.

going back to what @Harley00. What UGL were you using at the time ?

Brbpuppy

Super Heavyweight
Holy. Thanks for posting that. Your ALT being at 48 when natural ain’t that great either. Your HDL on RAD is lower than my HDL while I was on Tren LOL. Crazy.

going back to what @Harley00. What UGL were you using at the time ?
No problem man, it’s possible the reason my ALT wasn’t that great could of been all the drinking I was doing around Christmas/New Years holidays, as I got my natty bloods drawn on in the very beginning of the new year 2021.