What's new

Search Function (three letter word search)

Thread starter #1

zenmonky

Registered
i dont know if its possible but can the search function be changed so it can accept searches for 3 letter words? its really fucking me over the past decades. hgh, dht, trt, pct.... some of the most important subjects cant be searched.

muscle_n_blood

Super Moderator
i dont know if its possible but can the search function be changed so it can accept searches for 3 letter words? its really fucking me over the past decades. hgh, dht, trt, pct.... some of the most important subjects cant be searched.
I hate to break it to ya, but those aren't words.

100% agree with you. Needs to be changed

Admin #4

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
-- Ah the 3-letter search conundrum. Tis the bane of nearly all message forums. I'll take a look and see if anything can be done, but can't make any promises as I think I looked into this years ago with no luck.

Admin #6

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
-- I did a little research and basically the answer is "no." It's an issue related to MySQL servers. that make the default to 4 letters. However, you could try adding asterisks to your 3-letter word -- for example, when I search for "trt" I get an error message and no results. When I enter **trt** and hit the search button I get numerous results to my search. I'd suggest trying that. I suppose any combination of asterisks will work as well -- a search for CJM* or *CJM should also fool the system.

Asterisk before your three letters, been working fine since 1999. And you can search this site without even landing on the site.

For example; if you plug this into your search engine - site:http://www.candianjuicemonsters.net"trt" it will return threads from this forum only with "trt" contained in the thread title or post. Include the quotes.

Jdave

Registered
Asterisk before your three letters, been working fine since 1999. And you can search this site without even landing on the site.

For example; if you plug this into your search engine - site:http://www.candianjuicemonsters.net"trt" it will return threads from this forum only with "trt" contained in the thread title or post. Include the quotes.
Didn’t even realize it used * wild cards that’s cool

Amazing! Lol

*Thx