What's new

Sleep Aid

Wod

Seasoned VET
Hey bros. For those of you that compete, how do you combat the insomnia at 3-4 weeks out? I feel drained all the day, but at ~3-4 weeks out sleeping at night becomes very hard. I am sure Tren contributes to this, but I have no issues sleeping on Tren when I am not dieting to this extent.

I’ve tried the following so far without much help:

Benadryl
Melatonin
Magnesium (Helps a little bit by relaxing me)

Palumbo touts gabba

5-htp might help
Doxylamine succinate (unisom)

Then of course zopiclone...

Unfortunately I accidentally dumped my bottle of zopiclone down the sink a few nights ago, fuck that was an angry few minutes...

noahzark

Super Heavyweight
A low dose of seroquel can knock you out but I find gives me wierd dreams and I feel really groggy next day but that's not the case for everyone. Trazadone works as well same kind of deal I don't feel groggy from it. You could also look up some sleep or rest meditations as we don't always have to be fully sleeping to get the rest we need but this takes a fair amount of practice but the really positive thing about this is it also helps you in all aspects of your life ie low stress, living in each moment. True peace and serenity and who doesn't need more of that.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

millenium girl

CJM’s GROUPIE
I tried everything natural so far (melatonin, melatonin with theanine, Benadryl among other things), nithing worked for long. Doc put me on sleeping pills (Zopiclone, Zolpidem, Halcyon, Diazepam). I fall asleep but wake up a few hours later ....

Bronson

Rookie
Ativan .5 - 1 mg. 4 hour half life so it doesn't cause morning hangovers.

millenium girl

CJM’s GROUPIE
Ativan .5 - 1 mg. 4 hour half life so it doesn't cause morning hangovers.
Halcyon does the same. Doc told me to take another one when I wake up in the middle of the night and I don't feel groggy when I get up.

noahzark

Super Heavyweight
Halcyon, Ativan and diazepam (valium) are all pretty hard core meds I'm not sure about the halcyon but the other 2 are benzos and very addictive. Take too many or too many days and your in for the worst nightmare of your life coming off them. They make opiate withdrawal kids play. You actually need to slowly taper to get off as cold turkey can kill you they can give you seizures among a host of other unbearable symptoms. Use sparingly and as a last resort. As far as halcyon goes I remember doing some over 20 years ago in my teens with my gf and we basically zombied out in and out of consciousness for 4 days never left the room ahh good times lol. Anyway I've had bouts with insomnia and I know how bad that can be but just a warning on those meds they will give you temporary relief but over time they will make you wish all you had was insomnia.

S

Skullcrusher

Definitely stay away from the benzo's, not worth it. Goto a health food store and get a herbal sleep aid cocktail, they actually work.

millenium girl

CJM’s GROUPIE
I only use half an Halcyon when needed (when waking up around 1:30 am for example). It allows me to go back to sleep for another couple of hours and be alert again at 4:30am when I get ready for work.

durk

Super Heavyweight
A low dose of seroquel can knock you out but I find gives me wierd dreams and I feel really groggy next day but that's not the case for everyone. Trazadone works as well same kind of deal I don't feel groggy from it. You could also look up some sleep or rest meditations as we don't always have to be fully sleeping to get the rest we need but this takes a fair amount of practice but the really positive thing about this is it also helps you in all aspects of your life ie low stress, living in each moment. True peace and serenity and who doesn't need more of that.

I don't know if seroquel even at low dose would be good for contest prep. I worked for a few years in mental health and people on seroquel seemed to retain a lot of water. These were doses of a gram+ lol, so I am not sure how the effects of a regular dose of 25-50mgs would relate to that unless you have experience doing competitions on low doses.

kullwarrior

Super Heavyweight
I'd avoid the use of zopiclone, benzodiazipine drugs for every night as it would lead to dependence (for sleep)

DEEFA

Super Heavyweight
my mom gets valium (spl?) from her doc for panic attacks since her heart attack. It works great for sleep aswell. when ever I visit her i make sure she sends me on my way with a handful lol

mdp204

Rookie
i take purple xanax or peaches for sleep. dose me out pretty good.
helps with anxiety as well hence why they are anxiety or anti depression meds.
but the brain tends to rely on it in the long run so keep it in moderatioin if you consider using it.

p.s benzos are very addictive. im one of the lucky few who can get a good night sleep without it.

Mfg Eng

Super Heavyweight
Do you happen to have a TV in your bedroom by chance?

Synyster

Super Heavyweight
Stay away from zoplicones..and any benzos..ur playing with fire. Could throw ur whole life awy before u know it.

If anything id think a couple puffs off a joint would help a ton. And im not much of a weed guy personally.

Bigwheel

Super Heavyweight
Stay away from zoplicones..and any benzos..ur playing with fire. Could throw ur whole life awy before u know it.

If anything id think a couple puffs off a joint would help a ton. And im not much of a weed guy personally.
Yep stay the fuck away from benzos, I got a script for weed from my doc and buy a pure indica strain and I sleep like a baby.