What's new

'Smart Drug Smarts' Episode #118 (Turmeric and Schisandra berry)

tristan

Super Heavyweight
I've been working through the back-catalogue of a podcast called 'Smart Drug Smarts'...

It was first recommended to me by a bio-hacking friend who managed to cure himself from a serious physio-neurological condition and used the SDS podcast to gain a vista of neurologically active compounds (but thats another story).

Unfortunately SDS's creator Jesse Lawler has temporarily stopped making the podcast, to focus on other projects. But during a long drive earlier today, I listened to this episode on how Adaptogens work on the neuroendocrine and immune systems in order to bring your body back into homeostasis (healthy equilibrium) under a variety of conditions, including stress... inflammation... infection... etc...

This is one of my favourite episodes. If you guys like this episode, I'll post some more good ones. Lemme know. (Goldenrod - you'll love this)

tristan

Super Heavyweight
This is Jesse's SDS project website, and info page for the above episode:

I think he's involved in Vitamonk whose banners you can see on the site. Hopefully if enough people click on it, he'll start doing the podcast again ;)

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Hi @tristan - adaptogens are remarkable products and I have a post on them. There is one product with 4 that works well if on a budget too. I was trying to help a friend on here with sleep.
The benefits in general life and in weigh lifting are numerous with adaptogens.
Good catch bud!