What's new

Smart watch

Is a smart watch worth the money? As you know I do lots of cardio and right now I use the Runtastic app to keep track of my daily activity.

I don't personally have one myself but several people at work have them and they really seem to like them. Now they don't have the watch that connects to their phones but they do have the ability to monitor sleep cycles, heart rate and apparently blood pressure as well. Sounds pretty cool to me.

Direwolf

Rookie
I don't use a smart watch, personally. I invested in an accelerometer that is based on Velocity Based Training (which is strictly for weight lifting). It is paired with my phone. It will calculate the speed of my lifts, depending on goals attended, (hypertrophy, strength, speed etc) and guide me to what weights I need to lift / number of sets I need to do per exercise or training session. I purchased mine from "thisisbeast.com" Hope this helps. PS: It is super fun to use!

Sorbate

Rookie
I have a garmen as well.
My wife got it fir Christmas. It’s funny because it uses gps and you heart rate, stress levels and guesses what type of exercise you are doing. And it’s accurate.
I loved the sleep app where it tells you if you are in deep sleep, rem and so on. I tested the difference between using CBD oil, and not.
Unfortunately for me the novelty wore off after a couple weeks.
Now if you are really into this sort of stuff and like to talk to others about it, and so on, you’ll love it. You can go online and compare with others and get into online watch people groups.
You know I bet you would enjoy it.
I didn’t buy the most expensive, but the mid, upper end one.

Upjohn

Rookie
I have no clue at all with the smart watches...

Bought my wife a nike one afew yrs ago at least , she used and liked for acouple.

Now shes email me a Xmas hint for a FITBIT VERSA 2 ..... ?? but no idea how good @millenium girl