What's new

Sore nipples/lump Back on TrT 20 weeks so far

Thread starter #1

Kdawg

Registered
Long story short (still long), 30 yr old male. (Will make cliffs)

- “abused” / incorrectly used (no pct) AAS including Test/Tren early 20’s.
- always fairly lean 12-14% bf, fairly muscular. In to bodybuilding (obviously haha)

- came off suddenly crash cycle as wife wanted kids.
- as soon as first (of two) children arrived was stressed didn’t cope with being parent well mentally etc etc gained about 80lbs of pure fat couch patatoe 180-190 Leanish at 5’9. -> 260 lbs fat ass.

-> back to working out for several years. Dropped to 195ish at prob 20-22% bf. Could never no matter how strict diet or low calories I go cannot seem to lose BF around mid section. Could never even lift half of what I used to.

- 2 years ago sudden headache comes on, does not go away. Literally Chronic, every day 24/7. Doctor does every MRI/bone scan/x Ray/cat scan looking for tumor or potential caused. Nothing. At some points near end getting to the point I almost want to leave my family behind and end it.

- doctor finally adds Test to blood panel randomly without me asking. Test comes back at 10.5 nmol/l. Decides to put me on Testosterone 100mg week, divided in to two shots. Bloods came back test high, lowered found sweet spot at 80mg Test enanth week.

- MAGIC!! Headaches completely disappear. I finally can live life and be the full man for my kids and wife I want to be. Like you guys can’t comprehen how it feels to live again pain free.

Problem: after about 8 weeks of being on Test Enanth 80mg week split in to two. I was getting blood work done every 2 weeks. Everything coming back as perfect (except higher than usual hemoglobin which is now corrected with blood donation every 2 months) Test levels always in the range of 25-31 nmol/l. (800-1000? In freedom units) anyways after 8 weeks I start getting insanely sore nipples, only in the left, and can def feel tissue growing.

All my blood panels have come back perfect but he was never adding estrodrial in to the panel. After asking for it, it came back at 75pmol/l and another time at 80 pmol/l. This seems completely normal and in a very nice range when converted to freedom units. Like 25-28? Why would I possibly be developing tissue and soreness at these levels?

He prescribed 0.25 Arimidex every 3.5 days on injection day. The soreness has disapated about 90% it has only been about 12-13 days on. My libido seemed fine, energy levels where ok at the 75-80 range. Why would one nipple flare up at those levels so badly? I guess is my question. I’m also worried about crashing my e2 and having all other kind of negatives.

Also should note, since starting TrT with a super strict diet of about 2000-2500 kals per day, my entire physique is changing. My lifts are going back up to what they where in my early 20’s my upper body and legs are gaining mass at an incredible rate, my mid section I can’t seem to lose ouch of fat since I fucked up my body becoming a whale. But maybe once I keep shredding from everywhere else it will have to take it from somewhere.

Thanks for taking time to read and respond, TrT literally saved my life.

Lifts in case anyone is wondering pre-post TrT in roughly 20 weeks.

Bench - 155max -> 255 for 2
Squat - 185 -> 315 for 5
Dead - 185? -> 365 for 1
Clean & press - 95 -> 155 for 2

Thread starter #2

Kdawg

Registered
Forgot mention that since being on 0.25mg Arimidex / 2x week, I have not got bloods and will not for another 4 weeks to see what it is at.

E2 in the 20's *should* never cause tissue growth, 25-29 should be considered normal.

Taking an AI will likely bring your E2 too low and you will feel like crap. Aside from the nipple soreness, how do you feel overall?

Have you ever had your prolactin levels checked?

Thread starter #4

Kdawg

Registered
Overal the first few months my erections where hard as crap all the time. Last few months I can get hard still, sometimes have morning wood. But never random wood through out the day.

Mentally feeling well...

I’ll ask to have my prolactin done next time. The libido has dropped since the nipple soreness tissue growth started. I have no idea what my estrodrial was prior to TRT. I just know it was 75/81 when the nipples where sore

Thank you for the reply!

Spartin77

Registered
Overal the first few months my erections where hard as crap all the time. Last few months I can get hard still, sometimes have morning wood. But never random wood through out the day.

Mentally feeling well...

I’ll ask to have my prolactin done next time. The libido has dropped since the nipple soreness tissue growth started. I have no idea what my estrodrial was prior to TRT. I just know it was 75/81 when the nipples where sore

Thank you for the reply!
75/80 would be great for me. Did you get your e2 tested when your nipples are not sore? How long did it last? And your running no HCG?

You might be able to get away with .25mg every 7 to 10 day. It is not unheard of for some people to get high E2 issues at 28pg/ml (not typical but no unheard of...I start getting emotional at 28)

As you block conversion your Test will shoot up by 20-30% so watch your RBC closely if you already have issues

Thread starter #7

Kdawg

Registered
75/80 would be great for me. Did you get your e2 tested when your nipples are not sore? How long did it last? And your running no HCG?
No ECG, have mentioned it to GP. He said since I have 2 kids and a vasectomy with no plans to use my testicles in the future there is no point.

Have not/Will not have blood work for approx another 4 weeks, that will be my first time with blood work while being on Arimidex.

Thread starter #8

Kdawg

Registered
You might be able to get away with .25mg every 7 to 10 day. It is not unheard of for some people to get high E2 issues at 28pg/ml (not typical but no unheard of...I start getting emotional at 28)

As you block conversion your Test will shoot up by 20-30% so watch your RBC closely if you already have issues
Thanks for the reply. Originally I was injecting 40mg injection every 3 then 4 days for for a total of 7 days. When starting the Arimidex he suggested I just do an injection every 4th day making it a total of 80mg per/8 days.

I'm not sure if there is a difference between RBC and Hemoglobin? They are stated as two different things under my Life Labs results. My actual RBC always comes back normal around 5.2 (Range of 4.2-5.4). Its my Hemoglobin that increases with the Testosterone, after blood donation I drop to about 145 (Range of 135-170) nearly the 2 month wait time between donations my blood typically raise to the max 170-175 mark. So its not out of this world, just def something to keep an eye on I guess.

Spartin77

Registered
No ECG, have mentioned it to GP. He said since I have 2 kids and a vasectomy with no plans to use my testicles in the future there is no point.

Have not/Will not have blood work for approx another 4 weeks, that will be my first time with blood work while being on Arimidex.[/QUO

Monitor your bloods, log sides.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Originally I was injecting 40mg injection every 3 then 4 days for for a total of 7 days. When starting the Arimidex he suggested I just do an injection every 4th day making it a total of 80mg per/8 days.

I'm not sure if there is a difference between RBC and Hemoglobin? They are stated as two different things under my Life Labs results. My actual RBC always comes back normal around 5.2 (Range of 4.2-5.4). Its my Hemoglobin that increases with the Testosterone, after blood donation I drop to about 145 (Range of 135-170) nearly the 2 month wait time between donations my blood typically raise to the max 170-175 mark. So its not out of this world, just def something to keep an eye on I guess.
RBC and hemoglobin follow each other so as long as you watch one. I do 3&4 days (Sun/wed). It’s makes little difference 3/4 or 4/4. If you need an ai, you need a ai. .25mg every 7- 10 days is way less harsh than like 1mg EOD on cycle. With a TRT dosage test, You likely can also go on ai for 5-6 weeks until you reach homeostasis and then not take it for 5 to 6 weeks and go back and forth. E2 is never stable anyways so going between 18 - 28 pg/ml is not a bad thing, should keep Gyno away and you will like the libido bump from the variable E2 hormone

Sorbate

Registered

High hemoglobin would likely not hurt you.
High hemocrit can damage the heart and kidneys and increase blood pressure.
There is a big difference between 4.2 and 5.4. If you can try to get it under 5.
Hemoglobin I was told is diet related, but I bet gear does have an effect on it. I like how my blood always look fluorescent compaired to the others at the blood donation place.

Thread starter #12

Kdawg

Registered
High hemoglobin would likely not hurt you.
High hemocrit can damage the heart and kidneys and increase blood pressure.
There is a big difference between 4.2 and 5.4. If you can try to get it under 5.
Hemoglobin I was told is diet related, but I bet gear does have an effect on it. I like how my blood always look fluorescent compaired to the others at the blood donation place.
My “RBC” count has been 5.0-5.2 for years and years, it has not changed an ounce since starting TRT

The Hemoglin I was informed by my doctor he stated was the one that can cause strokes. He never mentioned anything to do with diet and prior to TRT was always in the 155-160 range. With TRT it pushes to the max or just a tiny bit past the 170 range prior to every donation. After the donation it drops to 140 range then slowly climbs over 2 month period.

Thread starter #13

Kdawg

Registered
Should also note, prior to starting TRT for about 1 year my blood pressure was steady 155/90. Since beginning TRT my blood pressure has been steady declining, I hover around 125-131/ 77-82 now.

Sorbate

Registered
My “RBC” count has been 5.0-5.2 for years and years, it has not changed an ounce since starting TRT

The Hemoglin I was informed by my doctor he stated was the one that can cause strokes. He never mentioned anything to do with diet and prior to TRT was always in the 155-160 range. With TRT it pushes to the max or just a tiny bit past the 170 range prior to every donation. After the donation it drops to 140 range then slowly climbs over 2 month period.

I just did a bit of research and of you have high hemoglobin in combination with high hemocrit you chances increase.
hemoglobin is the protien responsible fir carrying oxygen, hemocrit is the amount of red blood cells in your blood, or the thickness of blood.
Thick blood is tough for the heart to pump, and hard for kidneys to filter, from high hemocrit
I bet a side effect of taking test even at hrt doses is a higher hemoglobin level, but cannot be properly correlated to higher incidence of strokes because unless other markers are present. In other words normally your hemoglobin would be high because of other risk factors like smoking, high hemocrit and so on, but if hemoglobin is being increased because the extra test because of protien synthesis but no other makers are present, would that be indicative of stroke?
Now I wonder if someone lives at higher allitude with higher hemoblobin levels is their chance of stroke greater?

Anyhow I’m not a doctor so listen to him, I was just stating what I had heard from my doctor about hemocrit and the diet thing was from a nurse when I was donating blood.

Testosterone injections tend to increase RBC/Hemoglobin and Hematocrit and it is dose dependent.

Things one can do to mitigate risk:

- Donate blood
- Stay hydrated (this is a must, becoming dehydrated causes the kidneys to release EPO which leads to an increase of RBC's and thus thicker blood)
- Consuming some grapefruit can help https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3243695