What's new

Starting on Syn Accutane. Any advice?

HamHands

Heavyweight
Been battling bacne since last summer. Always had it somewhat but now on TRT it will not clear and getting worse. Tried every soap and wives tale under the sun. Not cool being 40 and embarrassed to wear a tank or take my shirt off. Personal DR is a cunt and wouldn’t prescribe shit or even refer me after finding out I’m on TRT. Local Dermatologist are a 6 month wait. Gotta clear this shit up before summer so I’m going at it myself.

anyways never tried accutane. Heard it dries out your lips and can cause joint pain. Just looking for advise on people who have used it before. Should I take some NAC for liver support? Anything for the joints? I work a 2 week in camp 2 out schedule. Watched some vids of dermatologists suggesting you can ramp up your dose depending on lifestyle. Was thinking of going higher at work when out of the sun and lower at home if planning outdoor days or a few beers. Anyone try anything similar? Should be starting it in the next few days so hopefully will be almost done by end of June. Is 12 weeks enough on Say 40mg? Or longer lower more effective and less sides?

Brbpuppy

Super Heavyweight
Been battling bacne since last summer. Always had it somewhat but now on TRT it will not clear and getting worse. Tried every soap and wives tale under the sun. Not cool being 40 and embarrassed to wear a tank or take my shirt off. Personal DR is a cunt and wouldn’t prescribe shit or even refer me after finding out I’m on TRT. Local Dermatologist are a 6 month wait. Gotta clear this shit up before summer so I’m going at it myself.

anyways never tried accutane. Heard it dries out your lips and can cause joint pain. Just looking for advise on people who have used it before. Should I take some NAC for liver support? Anything for the joints? I work a 2 week in camp 2 out schedule. Watched some vids of dermatologists suggesting you can ramp up your dose depending on lifestyle. Was thinking of going higher at work when out of the sun and lower at home if planning outdoor days or a few beers. Anyone try anything similar? Should be starting it in the next few days so hopefully will be almost done by end of June. Is 12 weeks enough on Say 40mg? Or longer lower more effective and less sides?
I've never used it but I've heard a lot of guys talking about taking 20mg/ed for months on end for it to be effective.

forever21

Lightweight
Get some vasaline for your lips they will be cracking and try not to drive at night it affects your night vision.

superbeast

Super Heavyweight
I was put on acutane as a teenager and it was horrible. Would just be standing there and nose would start pouring blood. Felt like shit. Dehydrated.
My doctor made it very clear that i had to have blood work once per month as it is very hard on the liver.
20’yrs later i was reading about class action lawsuits for the medication causing crohns disease and other issues.
I would stay away unless totally necessary. And if you take it, I wouldnt be doing any drinking.
I wouldnt take it for regular acne.

HamHands

Heavyweight
Well it’s been 6 weeks since I started. 20 mg first week, 30 2nd and up to 40 now since week 3. Not showing any improvements yet but also no real sides which is positive. Have only had to use chap stick 2 times. Mild dry eyes a few times. Not even sure if it’s from the accutane. Had bloods taken right before I started for TRT dock.got results 3 weeks after starting. my bloods showed I have been aromatizing like crazy. E2 was just under 200 with testosterone at the top of the range. Doc put my ai up so as much as I don’t like taking it I’m hoping the high estrogen is the major cause of the acne. Kinda frustrating my e2 is that high when I finally got some visual abs back. And too many fucking zits to want to wear a tank or take my shirt off. 😂 gotta get this shit under control before it warms up.

Brbpuppy

Super Heavyweight
Your E2 @ 200, is that pg/mL?
If so, damn you aromatize hard dude.
What is your test dosage /w ?

eLoCC86

Super Heavyweight

Same boat.
33yo.
Have my Accusyn sitting in my steroid case but scared to use it.
I love the sun and don't know if the acne is enough to give myself permanent side effects.
Tried every method to combat it including multiple antibiotic creams and pills to no avail.
Delts and back are pretty bad and a bit on my chest but none really on my face much.
No matter what dose of test or with or without using an AI It remains.
You gotta let me know how it goes for you, keep us updated.

HamHands

Heavyweight
Your E2 @ 200, is that pg/mL?
If so, damn you aromatize hard dude.
What is your test dosage /w ?
220 pmol/L
Dose went from 120 to 140 but cut out the HCG. I was on the high end still before this blood test taking .25 to .5 Anastrozole