What's new

Sulforophane, Broccoli Sprouts, and Other Things

Goldenrod

Rookie
Great post - Did not finish it all but will.
Anyone looking for a tasty and quick way to get their cruciferous vegetable intake up. We take the outside layers of Brussels sprouts off, cut off some raw broccoli chunks and that is out vegetable for supper. To make it taste good we make our own dip - 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinaigrette and a teaspoon or two of garlic powder. Easy to make and tastes good.

Goldenrod

Rookie
The stats from the studies she discusses are staggering. I read about indole 3 carbinol years ago for dealing with hormone related diseases and the best source being cruciferous veg. Had no idea about sulforophane.
Ironic - there are studies going on with dogs and the longest living/healthiest animals. One of the main factors was adding some ‘human food’ to their chow. The most important item was cruciferous vegetables. My dogs love Brussel sprouts, broccoli and cabbage too.

gramkind

Rookie
She has her own podcast found my fitness. She's full of good info but a lot goes over my head. The one thing I got for sure was adding the broccoli sprouts to my diet, kind of like eating hair but if it helps what the heck.