What's new

Suppose you were a WWE wrestler and needed a gimmick . . .

Thread starter Admin #1

~Dr Juice~

Administrator

-- For some reason I've been entertained of late watching these 'Best Of / Worst Of' videos on YouTube. You watch some of the bad ones and you're reminded of just how terrible some of these were when they first appeared. Like what was the wrestler, or management thinking? Or smoking? These same vids got me thinking -- If you were wrestler in dire need of a gimmick to get over, what would you choose? Would your character be a "face" or a "heel"? Your name? Finishing move? Ring attire? Back story/origin?

biguglynewf

Super Moderator
The codfather. I’d dress in a three piece suit made out of an old slicker and my finishing move would be called the moratorium.

My manager would be a toothless, cigarette smoking, beer swilling 16 yo pregnant chick that I made promises to for a better life off the island. Watch it.... a bitch like that will cut you!

Fuck off.... don’t judge me.....

The codfather. I’d dress in a three piece suit made out of an old slicker and my finishing move would be called the moratorium.

My manager would be a toothless, cigarette smoking, beer swilling 16 yo pregnant chick that I made promises to for a better life off the island. Watch it.... a bitch like that will cut you!

Fuck off.... don’t judge me.....

Haha I don’t know if everyone here will get this post exactly. ( not sure how familiar they are with the cod fishery and the moratorium )

But I sir, think you got quite the Newfie gimmick going ! Haha don’t forget the Dunlop rubber boots

Thread starter Admin #5

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
I think I have a gimmick that would really take off. I call it the . . . .

'The Dadbod'

Firstly the wrestlers name would be announced as . . . "Making his way to the ring is [first name] 'The Dadbod' [last name]."

Down the ramp would stroll a not-so-great-shape middle aged wrestler dressed in "dad-wear" such as Oxford shoes, Docker slacks and leather belt, a flannel shirt, perhaps a woolen sweater, and maybe even glasses. Perhaps you could have some millennial or Gen Y females accompany him to the ring as they fawn over his prowess.

His whole gimmick is just that -- An average bodied 40-something wrestler that gets over by destroying his millennial and Gen Y aged opponents with "dad strength" and finishers such as, "Behind The Woodshed", "Cancelling The WiFi", or "Takin' That Youngin' To Old School." Perhaps he puts them over his knee and gives them his leather belt before the finisher? After each win he could then attempt to post a pic of his defeated opponent to his Facebook page or dance the 'Carlton Dance' to Tom Jones's 'Its Not Unusual' :LOL:

The gimmick could work as both a "face" and "heel" character. A face to the huge proportion of Boomers and Gen X'ers that could cheer on someone they can relate to, and a heel to both the younger generations. Plenty of heat could be stirred up with the latter.