What's new

Syn Pharma - private info shared

Thread starter #1

antihero

Registered
I have to say even though this lab is very good product I will not be using my current rep ever again. He sends out a monthly newsletter and this month he cc'd everyone, so now my personal email has been shared. Normally if an issue happens with a lab I can deal with them behind the scenes, but this mistake is unacceptable. Syn pharma should get rid of this terrible rep immediately for this! Now I don't have a rep for a very good lab, which is my choice but it's very disheartening. I'm not a happy camper today.

wow!
that syn rep sound as professional as the one who comment on every post on this forum.
glad i'm served from somewhere else.

Yikes...that’s not good....well...lol...get ready for some emails haha. Mistakes happen and I’m sure this is an honest one but yeah, this sucks.

That sucks. I guess I have a different rep because I didn’t receive that email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrawny

Registered
I have received emails in the past from a rep who had group emails sent out. Every single person who had contacted this rep had their email address included.

I can see how this could ruffle some feathers. I personally didn’t bat an eye. It’s not like I’m using a legit email address with my own name attached to it to communicate with the rep.

Testbear

Registered
I have received emails in the past from a rep who had group emails sent out. Every single person who had contacted this rep had their email address included.

I can see how this could ruffle some feathers. I personally didn’t bat an eye. It’s not like I’m using a legit email address with my own name attached to it to communicate with the rep.
Exactly, you shouldn't be using your regular email in the first place.

tpx2

Registered
I got the same e mail too
It's worth mentioning that the rep followed up with an apology email and is willing to address any concern directly.

As a rule of thumb you should not use your personal email address for this type of transaction, nor is it recommended to use your real name on orders when signature is not required. This has been said before, it's a honest mistake.

This is not the first nor the last time it happens in the world of email communications but good news is you can protect yourself by understanding this can possibly happen and use a secondary email address that is not tied to your identity.

It's worth mentioning that the rep followed up with an apology email and is willing to address any concern directly.

As a rule of thumb you should not use your personal email address for this type of transaction, nor is it recommended to use your real name on orders when signature is not required. This has been said before, it's a honest mistake.

This is not the first nor the last time it happens in the world of email communications but good news is you can protect yourself by understanding this can possibly happen and use a secondary email address that is not tied to your identity.
I would say the bolded part of that statement is wrong. Anything comes up (you're not home...you get that slip and it ends up at the Canada Post office or however it ships) and you are completely screwed as they won't give you the package without ID. Also....not that I think this is a huge deal....but not sure how he is going to address any concern directly....it's been done....what exactly can be addressed? Anyone uncomfortable with the mistake should shut down that email address. And yeah....I'd never use a legit email address in the first place.

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
-- Unfortunately this is one of the Achilles heels when it comes to larger labs that employ reps. Similar to a franchise business, you have limited control over the other operators that represent your brand. It's not intentional I'm sure, just a slip on the rep's end. It's unfortunate it occurred but hopefully it's just the one and only time it happens.

Well I got the email.
With a following email with an apology as mentioned above ,I don't use a personal email.
Everything is thru Protonmail with an alias.

Last edited:
Sounds like an honest mistake to me but one that should be avoided, more of a really stupid rep. Even if he sent out an apology, he is an idiot in my opinion and I hope the lab would consider reprimand or firing him, but not my lab, so I could really give a fuck!

Dutch

Registered
I have to say even though this lab is very good product I will not be using my current rep ever again. He sends out a monthly newsletter and this month he cc'd everyone, so now my personal email has been shared. Normally if an issue happens with a lab I can deal with them behind the scenes, but this mistake is unacceptable. Syn pharma should get rid of this terrible rep immediately for this! Now I don't have a rep for a very good lab, which is my choice but it's very disheartening. I'm not a happy camper today.
I was also part of this faux pas by this particular rep, def not impressed . There were a shit ton of people on that email, not something that anyone on that list would want being forwarded around

BC

Administrator
Careless, absolutely. But at the end of the day if some random individual knows what my bogus email is that I use for buying some gear every so often I really don't care. It's not like my account (or any of ours, I would hope) is attached to my legitimate information in any capacity.

w8lift

Registered
I got the email as well. I would say unfortunate honest mistake, as this rep has been nothing but great sending orders etc...

snowpatrol

Super Moderator
What "private info" was shared, exactly? Was your name / mailing address somehow attached to your gear-ordering-email?