What's new

Tequila

Double D

Seasoned VET
When I wanted to treat myself I would buy a bottle of Patron Silver thinking it's one of the best tequilas (which is quite expensive 80$ in Ontario), not really noticing a huge difference from tequila half the price. So after doing a tiny bit of research I quickly realized Patron is on a very low scale compared to other tequilas.

My wife bought me a bottle of Clase Azul Reposado and it opened a door of premium tequila i never knew existed. I went through that bottle much quicker than I should of. It was absolutely delicious. But at its steep price it won't be a frequent purchase.

Anyone else indulge in some fine tequila, or have any suggestions ?

1626275542455.png

Old RhynoS

Super Heavyweight
I've seen videos of people testing that stuff. Very distinguished bottle. Even saw some people dropping it.

Zbignew

Super Heavyweight
@Double D Teremana is an outstanding sipping Tequila. Although it isn’t available in Quebec yet , it’s reasonably priced at $60 well worth the drive into Ontario.
Seconding this. It's excellent.

My go-to is Espolon: blanco for cocktails, reposado for drinking straight. It's bottom-shelf price but top shelf taste.

My other favorite is Casamigos.

BigBen

Super Heavyweight
Tried quite a few in Mexico, and there is definitely a difference between brands and labels. The typical stuff we drink in Canada is equivalent to mezcal you would buy on the street in Mexico. In other words, quite rough. But hey, some like it rough.

Rucker

Super Heavyweight
I was honestly skeptical of Teremana, the social media around it seems forced to me. But I guess The Rock wouldn't put his name behind something he didn't like.

I don't drink - EXCEPT for the occasional Scotch, Whiskey, or Whisky. But I've had so much bad tequila in my young years It doesn't usually make that list.

biguglynewf

Super Moderator
Tequila leads to bad decisions occurring…..either in @3ml ’s pool….or in @king56 ’s basement.

Being expensive and better tasting would only cause even more bad decisions me thinks…..Thanks DD! Fack.

redz

Super Heavyweight
I haven’t drank in about 9 months, I almost never do. I’m going to drink again to celebrate when I leave my girlfriend and have my own place again. A nice bottle of tequila sounds good for that.

xpac2

VET
Im actually having a cazadores resposado right now. I got into good tequila a couple of years ago and the good stuff is amazing. Very smooth and no hangover. The swill you people shooting with lime and salt gives real tequila a bad name

TripleA

Super Heavyweight
My fav is Adictivo Tequila Extra Anejo. Super smooth with some sweetness, hard to believe it’s tequila when you’re using to drinking the cheap stuff. It’s a sipping tequila, something you want to slowly enjoy. If you want to go commercial Don Julio 1942 is good too.

Zbignew

Super Heavyweight
@TripleA Adictivo is good shit.

In Alberta where Costco has liquor stores their Kirkland brand Anjeo is very good too. Very close to Casamigos in flavor.

Top Bottom