What's new

Test cyp shelf life?

Thread starter #1
Anyone know of the shelf life of Test Cyp (in general)? Oil suspension.
Does it need to be refrigerated, or can it store in a cool dry place sort of thing?

I'm curious on storage and stockpiling vs acquire as you need type of thing...

thanks for your thoughts

biguglynewf

Super Moderator
It won’t expire unopened. Open vial that has a few punches in it could be a problem over time depending on how well the preservative works and how much foreign material has been introduced inside the vial. For these, depending on circumstances you may want to refilter them into a new sterile vial.

Keep in a reasonably cool dry (not cold and damp) dark place. It can lose some potency over time, but that will be negligible

A suspension is when you have material suspended inside a liquid but not dissolved. Think of fresh juice, it will eventually settle to the bottom. You have a solution, when one substance is dissolved in another.

But, to answer your question, If kept in the dark and stable temperature, your product should be OK for 5+ years, depending on the level of preservative and carrier oil. You'll be fine.

I agree with the above.
Keep it in a cool dry place and it will be fine for quite some time. There could be a lose of potency over time but this would not be major unless stored for quite awhile.
I would be wary of opened vials however as there is a small chance of infection via bacteria etc.
Personally I would not store an opened vial for to long, just as a safety measure, as I don't think it's worth the risk of a serious infection.

This article speaks to the above:
US Drug Expiration Testing

biguglynewf

Super Moderator
I agree with the above.
Keep it in a cool dry place and it will be fine for quite some time. There could be a lose of potency over time but this would not be major unless stored for quite awhile.
I would be wary of opened vials however as there is a small chance of infection via bacteria etc.
Personally I would not store an opened vial for to long, just as a safety measure, as I don't think it's worth the risk of a serious infection.

This article speaks to the above:
US Drug Expiration Testing
Again you can just refilter this if it’s an iffy situation.

biguglynewf

Super Moderator
Probably a stupid question as I'm not really familiar with 'suspension' in an oil base.....but how can you filter a suspension without filtering out the drug itself. Ie no way you could filter Winstrol or Test water base.
Sorry I don’t think I read that you were referring to a suspension.

The easy answer.......I don’t think it would be something you can do.

Thread starter #9
So, once the seal is cracked and you take your first dose?
Does it need to be kept in the fridge? How long will the vial stay viable?
(obviously great care needs to be exercised with regards to sterilization of the vial/pin each time...)

So, once the seal is cracked and you take your first dose?
Does it need to be kept in the fridge? How long will the vial stay viable?
(obviously great care needs to be exercised with regards to sterilization of the vial/pin each time...)
I think you’re maybe assuming it’s like a peptide or like GH/IGF-1. Once the seal on a vial is pictured the only risk you face is if continually puncturing by like a 18g needle point the point where the rubber no longer can close (this is why I try to pull as less frequently as possible. I also only do lower dose cycles. I prep the weeks amount of needles into one syringe then distribute it into other syringes). Barring that, then the rubber should prevent the oil from leaking out and diminish any contamination from the air but a 10ml vial pinned a few times will probably last till the next time you run a cycle
If you wait 5 years it’s still probably good but by then you could probably justify dropping money on a new vial.