What's new

The Freak

Have to disagree here... most Canadians don't do well as pro's is cause there just not as good as our American counterparts.

Some of the competition at the level 1 shows are brutal .

Canada is the place to turn vs America

look at North America's , USA's, JR USA etc talent level is so deep

some of our Canadian Pro's would not win the USA's

our supers aren't that good and not very deep (last year it was)

USA bodybuilding is harder to get a pro card then Canada by far

Look at Dusty Hanshaw, John Meadows , Jon Ward etc
Well I'll let you know up close and personal. I'm headed to NPC nationnals with my wife in November. She competing in figure there.

snowpatrol

Super Moderator

USA bodybuilding is harder to get a pro card then Canada by far

Look at Dusty Hanshaw, John Meadows , Jon Ward etc
No knock on the cdn bodybuilders but for those americans you listed to not have their pro card is a travesty imo (or just the a good example of how steep the competition is)

dynex

Registered
You gotta take into account the population difference as well.
that as well and the sheer amount of shows...

but in general USA > CDN

Other then Ben Pak

no knock on him Mike Johnson would not be a pro in the USA

would be a top level amateur but def not an IFBB pro

Met him while he was training at the UVIC gym. Stood out, and was easily one of the largest people I had ever seen. He always made sure to say hi and talk for a bit, but otherwise he was FOCUSED! And it shows. Glad to see his progression and the support behind him, no doubt he will go far.

~Dr Juice~

Administrator

-- Paulo is truly a beast! I don't see any weak points at all. He currently trains in Victoria at Body Dynamics - the gym that was once called Odyssey. And also sometimes at the sprawling new Steve Nash gym. A good friend of mine, and member here on CJM, recently trained for 1-week with Paulo and told me he was absolutely shit-kicked afterwards. The training is lengthy and intense. He plans on entering a local show here in Victoria come summer and is gleaning a few tips here and there from the beast. I think he'll do well.

K Bomb

Registered
He just signed a contract with Rich Piana's 5% Nutrition.
Just watched him guest pose at the provincial qualifier here in the 'peg last night. Very impressive. He made Rich Piana look small (aside from the arms, which Rich has admitted to some artificial enhancement). Nice to see us supporting a canadian guy at the show.

"Met" him at the Arnold. Met is a strong word though since you were lucky to get a grunt out of him. I think he's still got work to do in the ole P.R. department when representing a brand! Beast doe!!!

Thread starter #34

JonnyO

Super Moderator
"Met" him at the Arnold. Met is a strong word though since you were lucky to get a grunt out of him. I think he's still got work to do in the ole P.R. department when representing a brand! Beast doe!!!
Did you TRY talking to him?

Did you TRY talking to him?
Yep. He didn't say hello back. And everyone that walked by him in the line, he just stared and made angry face for an hour. Honestly, it looked like he may have been nervous of all things. Piana was the opposite. Shaking hands, kissing babies, etc...