What's new

Three Sentenced to Probation for Darkweb Steroid Sales

• Admin

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
Three Sentenced to Probation for Darkweb Steroid Sales
June 28th, 2020

Three men, including the brother of a WWE wrestler, received fines and probation instead of prison time for their roles in a steroid distribution operation involving vendor accounts on Alphabay, Dream Market, Wall Street Market, and others.

U.S. District Judge James Gwin sentenced Ronald Roginsky to three years on probation and ordered him to pay a fine of $25,000. John Ambrose received a probation sentence of three years and was ordered to pay a fine of $10,000. Eric Angle, the brother of former WWE wrestler Kurt Angle, received a sentence of two years on probation and a fine of only $5,000.

Earlier this year, Angle and Ambrose pleaded guilty to selling anabolic steroids on several markets, including Alphabay, Dream Market, Wall Street Market, and Olympus Market, Berlusconi, and Empire Market under the username “qu4ntum.” Both admitted one count of conspiracy to distribute controlled substances in January 2020.

Roginsky admitted one count of conspiracy to distribute controlled substances as well as one count of conspiracy to launder money.

A four-count indictment filed by United States Attorneys in Ohio in September 2019 accused the defendants of running a large-scale steroid distribution operation. According to the indictment, the operation netted more than $100,000. Roginsky, according to his plea agreement, laundered the money through several cryptocurrencies, several bank accounts, and a line of credit.

After law enforcement executed search warrants at the homes of the defendants, they questioned each one about the conspiracy.
From a previous article about the case:
During questioning, Roginsky told federal investigators that he had opened 10 P.O. boxes at nine different USPS locations in furtherance of his drug trafficking conspiracy. He admitted that he had not had a legitimate job in two years and that all of the money in his bank accounts, in his house, in his Electrum Bitcoin wallet, and his LocalBitcoins Bitcoin wallet was from steroid sales.
The indictment accuses the defendants of taking various measures to conceal their identities from law enforcement. These measures included:
  • Forum posting on anonymous clear web marketplaces;
  • Live conversations using end-to-end encrypted voice calling platforms; and
  • Private messaging including end-to-end encrypted messaging applications.
  • Defendants used the United States Postal Service, third party shipping companies, and hand-to-hand transactions as the means of distributing the controlled substances. Defendants used various means to hide their identification as the shippers of drug parcels including opening Post Office Boxes under fictitious identities.

The Recon Profile for Qu4ntum

• On Recon, the search engine and database of darkweb vendors created by HugBunter, qu4ntum has a total of 2,065 reviews. Of those reviews listed on Recon, the overwhelming majority are less than favorable towards the vendor. According to United States Attorneys, the trio distributed more than “60,000 unit doses” of anabolic steroids during the conspiracy.
The majority of the court documents are still sealed or otherwise unavailable to the public.
United States of America vs. Eric S. Angle: Judgment in a Criminal Case

====================

Background Information To The Case

Three Indicted for Selling Steroids on the Darkweb
Three men sold more than $100,000 worth of anabolic steroids on Alphabay, Dream, and other darkweb marketplaces, according to a four-count indictment unveiled by U.S. Attorneys in Ohio.

The Charges
The indictment, filed in U.S. District Court in Cleveland, accused Ronald Roginsky, John Ambrose, and Eric Angle of one count each of conspiracy to distribute controlled substances, conspiracy to import controlled substances, distributing controlled substances by means of the Internet, and conspiracy to launder money. All three defendants face the same charges as co-conspirators.

According to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Ohio, all three men operated vendor accounts on Alphabay, Dream Market, and Wall Street Market. They had allegedly opened vendor accounts under the name “qu4ntum.” Vendor archives indicated that qu4ntum also had listings on Olympus Market. Qu4ntum’s listings included vials of Boldenone Undecylenate and and Testosterone. The vendors maintained a perfect rating on some darkweb markets.

From the press release:
The qu4ntum drug organization distributed anabolic steroids and other controlled substances over the dark web, websites and forums operating on the clear web and via person-to-person transactions, according to the indictment.
The organization used the qu4ntum account as an online storefront for the sale of anabolic steroids and other controlled substances. The group imported steroids from China and elsewhere and shipped the drugs to locations throughout the U.S.
The Investigation
On October 24, 2018, a Postal Inspector with the United States Postal Inspection Service watched as a male, later identified as Ronald Roginsky, deposited 19 parcels into a mail collection bin the Brunswick, Ohio, post office. The Postal Inspector received and executed federal search warrants for all 19 parcels the next day. All 19 packages contained vials of liquid or pill bottles with “UX Labs” on the label.

In September, the Postal Inspection Service learned that Roginsky had received a package from Le Melange, LLC., a company that sells various packing supplies including 10 ml vials similar to the vials seized during the search of the first 19 packages. Later that month, the Postal Inspector learned that Roginsky had rented a P.O. box at the Post Office under a fake name. USPIS intercepted a package of cash that a co-conspirator had allegedly mailed to the P.O. Box Roginsky had rented.

November 13, 2018, U.S. Postal Inspectors, Special Agents from the, FBI, Special Agents from the IRS, and officers with the Medina County Drug Task Force executed a federal search warrant at Roginsky’s Brunswick, Ohio residence. Court documents revealed that “investigators identified/recovered in Roginsky’s residence equipment and other materials for the manufacture, sale, and distribution of steroids.” Law enforcement also found a plastic tub containing U.S. Priority Mail packages during the search. The packages contained steroids “and were suspected of being Ronald Roginsky’s daily shipments.”

Questioning
During questioning, Roginsky told federal investigators that he had opened 10 P.O. boxes at nine different USPS locations in furtherance of his drug trafficking conspiracy. He admitted that he had not had a legitimate job in two years and that all of the money in his bank accounts, in his house, in his Electrum Bitcoin wallet, and in his LocalBitcoins Bitcoin wallet was from steroid sales.

The press release stated that Roginsky and his co-conspirators had distributed steroids on the darkweb, on the surface web, and in person. “The group imported steroids from China and elsewhere and shipped the drugs to locations throughout the U.S.,” the U.S. Attorney said.
Court documents detailing the roles John Ambrose and Eric Angle played in the conspiracy have not yet been released.

Related CJM Articles:
CJM Article from October 13th, 2019 >>>> Kurt Angle’s Brother Indicted for Selling UX Labs Steroid Products

Lex

Super Heavyweight
yikes. should have kept that profit in an overseas account. now its property of the US gov. sucks.

I dont know anything about the darkweb so I wonder how they got uncovered, not enough VPN on their computer lol?

SmashingMachine

Super Heavyweight
When Alphabay was busted, LE kept the site going by impersonating the admins of the site. Allowing orders to be placed and vendors to continue selling their products. Id imagine that this had something to do with many of the vendors being busted. Not all vendors were as cautious as others and did not utilize all the encryption options available as well. This may have been a reason. Just speculation on my end though.

A.B

Super Heavyweight
Well at least the sentence isn’t that big. Hopefully they’re steering away from harsh sentences and going this route more often. Hopefully those guys didn’t snitch though. Always makes you wonder

Daway

Super Heavyweight
Just some random thoughts on this.

Outside of marketpalces, every website I've seen offering products looks like it was designed by a third grader on crack. They have brands I've never heard of and don't show up on any searches here or other places I guest-lurk. Presentation and quality is not an equivalency of course, but lack of care in presentation means I nope out of that. I'm putting this in my body so I want some confidence on the quality of the product.

Marketplaces are sketch as well. All it takes is a vendor or two with poor opsec to cause a cascade effect. Combine this with bitcoin being only semi-anonymous (I alluded to a paper on this in the bitcoin thread) and its another situation I'd rather nope out of.

To me the best use of the darkweb is to maintain the free exchange of ideas that many governments including ours are trying to quash.

Buffchicken

Thunder Chicken
Just some random thoughts on this.

Outside of marketpalces, every website I've seen offering products looks like it was designed by a third grader on crack. They have brands I've never heard of and don't show up on any searches here or other places I guest-lurk. Presentation and quality is not an equivalency of course, but lack of care in presentation means I nope out of that. I'm putting this in my body so I want some confidence on the quality of the product.

Marketplaces are sketch as well. All it takes is a vendor or two with poor opsec to cause a cascade effect. Combine this with bitcoin being only semi-anonymous (I alluded to a paper on this in the bitcoin thread) and its another situation I'd rather nope out of.

To me the best use of the darkweb is to maintain the free exchange of ideas that many governments including ours are trying to quash.
I agree with you on everything except the important of presentation... i only disagree on this if you’re talking about: “I’d rather shoot this fancy looking packaged juice into me than this plain looking packaged juice”.... that mindset is irrelevant and should have no bearing on your choice of lab.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daway

Super Heavyweight
I see what you're saying @REALcanadianbeaut and that wasn't what I was trying to say. I was trying to say something along the lines of even though "correlation is not causation" it makes me cautious. When there are so many reputable brands, all of which put effort into their labels/presentation, I have no desire to try a UGL where I can find no reviews on sites I trust and their presentation gives me the impression it was "brewed" in a grow tent (if you get the reference).

For me its a whole package. I can "forgive" presentation if places/people I trust say its GTG. The combination of no reviews, poorly made website, and poor packaging in a realm of high anonymity/low accountability make me say "why bother?" with so many alternatives available.

Buffchicken

Thunder Chicken
I see what you're saying @REALcanadianbeaut and that wasn't what I was trying to say. I was trying to say something along the lines of even though "correlation is not causation" it makes me cautious. When there are so many reputable brands, all of which put effort into their labels/presentation, I have no desire to try a UGL where I can find no reviews on sites I trust and their presentation gives me the impression it was "brewed" in a grow tent (if you get the reference).

For me its a whole package. I can "forgive" presentation if places/people I trust say its GTG. The combination of no reviews, poorly made website, and poor packaging in a realm of high anonymity/low accountability make me say "why bother?" with so many alternatives available.
In this sense then I agree with you

GrowNShow

Lightweight
So they busted enough in value to justify the salary of 2 officers. I wonder how much it cost to do that? 🤦🏼

Don't worry citizens! We spent 500k to seize 100k and prevent you from feeling your best!
You're welcome!