What's new

Topical Finasteride

Goldenrod

Rookie
Many people don’t take oral finasteride due to the potential side effects. There are products available now for topical so do they work?

I haven’t tried it but minoxodilmax now has a product that is just topical finasteride.

More studies are needed and this hasn’t been approved by the FDA as far as I know. Some of the info looks promising.

BC

Administrator
I've used topical Finasteride for years. I moved over to the oral version (at 2.5mg/ED) temporarily last year but have used the topical solution at 25mg/mL (with a 1mL application daily before bed on a freshly showered scalp) and my hairline hasn't budged. The areas which are highly susceptible to MPB have thickened up as well and the hair is much richer in those areas than it was before I started using Finasteride.

Avoid Minoxidil at all costs as well. It destroys the collagen in the scalp and will make you age far quicker than you would have otherwise. The only two things you should be applying to your scalp are Finasteride and RU-58841 (assuming what you can find is legitimate).

Keep in mind anything applied topically will eventually go systemic anyways so it's not as if you won't be suppressing the DHT in your body by going the topical route, but it'll certainly slow that process down and it'll alleviate a lot of stress in some individuals who are locked onto the notion that oral Finasteride will destroy your cock.

Goldenrod

Rookie
@BC - I understand the science behind finasteride and nandrolone being used together. Not sure if you are a Nandrolone fan - I don’t get deca dick. One person says finasteride helps on deca and the science says otherwise with slowing the conversation to DHN and remaining more androgenic.
I am taking deca in lower doses and it is helping heal and I like it a lot. One of the reasons I looked into topical - I know it will still get into the blood system but to a lesser degree.
Opinions/ experiences?
I’m also going to get Syn RU and run each for 3 months separately and make up my mind which is better for me.
Appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks

BC

Administrator
The only comment I can lend to this is the last time I used anything Nandrolone-based (which was NPP at 100mg EOD between March and May of 2018) I noticed zero increase in any sort of shedding and/or thinning. I was on for roughly 12(ish) weeks in total and there was zero negative impact on my hair (either thinning or the hairline itself).

That in mind, 350mg of Nandrolone weekly is hardly considered substantial and 3 months of usage likely wouldn't lend to much negative impact anyways so it would be fair to assume that I didn't really test out the whole Nandrolone + Finasteride theory which exists. Ultimately, I think you're going to have to try this for yourself and just keep a close watch on things. From my understanding you can use topical Finasteride and RU-58841 in conjunction with one another as well.Despite the annoyance of applying two topical solutions to your scalp nightly, this would likely be the golden ticket to never losing any hair again.

BC

Administrator
Just to add to this @Goldenrod, I would probably suggest using NPP if you want to run a trial with Finasteride in conjunction with it. At the very least if you start to notice significant shedding you can always drop the NPP immediately and it'll be out of your system much, much quicker than your standard Nandrolone Decanoate.

Either way, keep us posted with how things go & best of luck :)

Goldenrod

Rookie
Just to add to this @Goldenrod, I would probably suggest using NPP if you want to run a trial with Finasteride in conjunction with it. At the very least if you start to notice significant shedding you can always drop the NPP immediately and it'll be out of your system much, much quicker than your standard Nandrolone Decanoate.

Either way, keep us posted with how things go & best of luck :)
Thanks @BC - I’m on 200 mg of decanoate / week with 1.25 of finasteride and haven’t noticed any shedding at all. I will be trying RU but I was so turned off by CMS’s product, and yes they are an excellent company with excellent service, but facts are facts. I had white powder on my head and it didn’t absorb well. Will try Syn and topical Fin. I hate minoxodil.
Nizoral is worth the cash as a shampoo multiple times a week as well.
Cheers GR

LesPaul

Rookie
I'm a little confused on finasteride and nandrolone 5α-Reductase enzyme scenario? I'm planning on 500 Test/ 300 NPP run in the new year and was going to add finasteride this time for prostate relief. Is this just a hairline issue? Thanks.

Goldenrod

Rookie
That is a question that will give you a different answer depending on who you ask. For nandolone, I would use topical finasteride vs. Oral but even topical gets in your blood system but nit as much.
Some swear finasteride and nandrolone makes your hair fall out - it doesn’t with me.

LesPaul

Rookie
That is a question that will give you a different answer depending on who you ask. For nandolone, I would use topical finasteride vs. Oral but even topical gets in your blood system but nit as much.
Some swear finasteride and nandrolone makes your hair fall out - it doesn’t with me.
Half of my hair is gone so I'm not worried about that ;-)

Brovel

Rookie
Do you have any scientific data to back up your claim regarding Minoxidil and premature aging? I’ve searched it, found nothing stating as much and have used minoxidil for about 10 years and I’m still looking good.

should research a little more before posting assumptions such as this.

I've used topical Finasteride for years. I moved over to the oral version (at 2.5mg/ED) temporarily last year but have used the topical solution at 25mg/mL (with a 1mL application daily before bed on a freshly showered scalp) and my hairline hasn't budged. The areas which are highly susceptible to MPB have thickened up as well and the hair is much richer in those areas than it was before I started using Finasteride.

Avoid Minoxidil at all costs as well. It destroys the collagen in the scalp and will make you age far quicker than you would have otherwise. The only two things you should be applying to your scalp are Finasteride and RU-58841 (assuming what you can find is legitimate).

Keep in mind anything applied topically will eventually go systemic anyways so it's not as if you won't be suppressing the DHT in your body by going the topical route, but it'll certainly slow that process down and it'll alleviate a lot of stress in some individuals who are locked onto the notion that oral Finasteride will destroy your cock.

BC

Administrator
Do you have any scientific data to back up your claim regarding Minoxidil and premature aging? I’ve searched it, found nothing stating as much and have used minoxidil for about 10 years and I’m still looking good.

should research a little more before posting assumptions such as this.
Talk to Dr. Hasson, Dr. Wong (www.hassonandwong.com), or Dr. Rahal (www.rahalhairtransplant.com) -- the 3 leading hair transplant surgeons in Canada. This isn't an "assumption". All 3 will tell you first-hand that the moment they cut into a scalp for FUT surgery that the collagen is destroyed, the scalp lacks elasticity, and it's clear as day when Minixodil has been used.

Research until you're blue in the face, but Dr. Hasson has done 20,000+ surgeries and I'd be marginally inclined to believe him on the matter before any independent study that attempts to discredit a pharmaceutical giant like Johnson & Johnson.

Brovel

Rookie
Here’s from the site you just listed, you should do a little more research before posting.

1570848956374.png

Goldenrod

Rookie
Half of my hair is gone so I'm not worried about that ;-)
Shit man sorry, I didn’t read properly which happens when I’m in a rush. Yes, albeit I am basing this on what others wrote. It would stop the same conversation and remain more androgenic vs. Anabolic. Not that I am a fan of moreplatesmoredates, the guy does a lot of research on himself on steroids, sarms, and their conversions - worth having a look there too.

Affliction79

Rookie
Shit man sorry, I didn’t read properly which happens when I’m in a rush. Yes, albeit I am basing this on what others wrote. It would stop the same conversation and remain more androgenic vs. Anabolic. Not that I am a fan of moreplatesmoredates, the guy does a lot of research on himself on steroids, sarms, and their conversions - worth having a look there too.
. He does not use minoxidil, because of the face bloating. He also links a lot of studies to his articles so I imagine you can find some links on minox. Oral finastride seems like the best route for most and I’m teetering on the edge of needing to use it myself.

Last edited:

BC

Administrator
Here’s from the site you just listed, you should do a little more research before posting.

View attachment 12230
Call Dr. Hasson's office and speak to him directly. I have, and on multiple occasions.

Have you spoke to any surgeons first-hand over this? Take what I say with a grain of salt or don't listen it at all, it's no skin off my back. But Dr. Hasson is more than happy to do consults and you can hear it from his mouth yourself if you're inclined.

Affliction79

Rookie
Hasson & Wong is one of the top five best clinics in the world for hair restoration. I guess they know some things....

LesPaul

Rookie
No worries. I guess the only way to find out is to try it. If I piss like a slow boat to China It's not working.

BC

Administrator
Hasson & Wong is one of the top five best clinics in the world for hair restoration. I guess they know some things....
Dr. Hasson did both my FUT and FUE (the FUE was just for some minor touch-ups after my initial FUT on some areas that I wanted to get thickened up). Amid my few consultations and both surgeries he was adamant that I not go anywhere near Minoxidil. He was adamant on Finasteride only (plus a few particular brands of shampoos, none of which I can remember unfortunately).

Goldenrod

Rookie
Dr. Hasson did both my FUT and FUE (the FUE was just for some minor touch-ups after my initial FUT on some areas that I wanted to get thickened up). Amid my few consultations and both surgeries he was adamant that I not go anywhere near Minoxidil. He was adamant on Finasteride only (plus a few particular brands of shampoos, none of which I can remember unfortunately).
@BC - assume oral finasteride? Asking as I see more companies making the topical due to the fear of sex side effects.

BC

Administrator
@BC - assume oral finasteride? Asking as I see more companies making the topical due to the fear of sex side effects.
Either or.

The reality is even if you're taking the topical solution it'll still go systemic in due time, just not as rapidly. For most guys, however, I think the debate of oral vs. topical just ends up being a mental game. And as most men know, once you get the notion in your head that your erectile quality will turn to shit because you're taking X-drug, then you're basically setting yourself up for failure either way. Taking the topical solution seems to mitigate this second guessing with most.