What's new

Trt ban in mma

Thread starter #1
I was wondering if any of mma fans on Cjm
Know of any info on Trt being banned from all of local / small promotions . It makes sense for the ufc to ban trt because it was being over dosed and given to fighters in their early thirties, but it would be fun to have a mma promotion that allowed moderate does of test to fighters over 40 . What do you guys think ? Any comments or feedback would be much appreciated.

jbd

Registered
My thoughts on this is TRT gives a competitive advantage to the individual even at TRT dosages. If you train intensely daily you will drive your testosterone production levels down. If you are injecting you can train as intensely and as often as you like and it will not suppress your testosterone.

Mighty

Registered
That's tough call... one person has a natural level of 800-1000 and one has natural level of 300-400. It's still unfair advantage.

I'm not for or against. I'd just assume professional level everyone wether they admit it or not is enhanced in one way or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigwheel

Registered
Lol cheaters ehhh, everyone uses and is just expected to know the proper clearance times it's not like there is a lifetime drug free mma association.

Lol cheaters ehhh, everyone uses and is just expected to know the proper clearance times it's not like there is a lifetime drug free mma association.

The drugs are banned. So don't use them. I differentiate between that type of system and an "open" bodybuilding show where it is widely accepted. The logic that everyone is doing it doesn't fly with my teenage son and doesn't fly in tested sports IMHO.

Mighty

Registered
I don't think there are any top tier athletes that don't take something.. if all previous records are set by people who are enhanced to think that when those records are broken it's by an athlete that's natural is obscure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That kinda sucks tho for guys that have low T and want to compete because thats a goal they have in life but I get it dont fight somewhere that is tested

Midnight-Kid

Administrator
The ongoing debate of steroid use in professional sports (Olympics included) is a lost cause. Face the facts, there's no athlete on the planet that's truly "natural" anymore, whatever "natural" is supposed to mean. There's hormones in everything we eat, every supplement we take, and nearly everything else we ingest. There's nothing natural about what any athlete is doing regardless of whether they're taking steroids or not. And unless someone is taking a drug test every single day of their lives, there's no way to prove whether they've used steroids throughout a given period of time anyways. There are countless masking agents/drugs, numerous multi-billion dollar corporate entities that are shuffling around money behind the scenes to ensure their sponsored athletes aren't caught, etc.

Believing that any professional athlete hasn't found some form of "unethical" competitive edge during at least some point in their career is no different than believing in unicorns flying among the clouds. Open the flood gates, stop drug testing altogether and end this useless debate that's been going on for way too long now. Steroids exist in sports; they have since the 1930s and will continue forever more. There's too much money on the line for drugs to not be involved, so let's all stop pretending that the greatest athletes in the world are the best because they believe more in God and spent more time doing box jumps in their off season

Unfortunatly in today's world in the ufc, I guess that's the only way a lot of guys can stay on top of the heap.

Last edited:

BCGains

Registered
I agree with Midknight-Kid, Every athlete is using something to get an edge, why the fk wouldnt you? your literally using roids to Grow for your own satisfaction and or Shows so why the hell would you not use what you can in professional sports to give you the edge so you can make more money? Its logic guys

"Im fine being Mediocre as long as im Natty" said no one ever.

It appears most "elite" athletes have low T, or so they claim. The biggest issue with the trt is they were allowed to be up to 6 times that of the average male. That is a huge advantage. The only legit UFC fighter that needs trt is bigfoot Silva. He has a damaged pituitary gland.

Jaunt

Registered
Time to just level the playing fields and allow AAS in all sports. Still fair in my eyes if it's allowed to be used by everyone.

Mnemonic

Registered
Honestly it should be allowed. People use it on the sides, take time off to use it to condition themselves, everyone just cleans up pre show/event.
It's really stupid that it's still a banned substance in sporting events. Being unbanned would probably make some sports more interesting and more profitable.

Jaunt

Registered
Exactly, make it legal, tax it. It will evolve the sports as far as record breaking goes making it more interesting and more profitable. Plus it adds a little different strategy to the competitors finding out and using which compounds works best for them and in whatever dicipline they choose.

Mfg Eng

Registered
The ongoing debate of steroid use in professional sports (Olympics included) is a lost cause. Face the facts, there's no athlete on the planet that's truly "natural" anymore, whatever "natural" is supposed to mean. There's hormones in everything we eat, every supplement we take, and nearly everything else we ingest. There's nothing natural about what any athlete is doing regardless of whether they're taking steroids or not. And unless someone is taking a drug test every single day of their lives, there's no way to prove whether they've used steroids throughout a given period of time anyways. There are countless masking agents/drugs, numerous multi-billion dollar corporate entities that are shuffling around money behind the scenes to ensure their sponsored athletes aren't caught, etc.

Believing that any professional athlete hasn't found some form of "unethical" competitive edge during at least some point in their career is no different than believing in unicorns flying among the clouds. Open the flood gates, stop drug testing altogether and end this useless debate that's been going on for way too long now. Steroids exist in sports; they have since the 1930s and will continue forever more. There's too much money on the line for drugs to not be involved, so let's all stop pretending that the greatest athletes in the world are the best because they believe more in God and spent more time doing box jumps in their off season
I agree 100%. Set it up so that it's even though......... Hey a 1,500lb clean and jerk!!

All Drug Olympics - Video - Dirty Button