What's new

Trying to fight back - defence

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Just curious if anyone is taking anything as a prophylactic for Covid19?
If you are - what is your supplement or food regimen?
Thanks,
GR

Bstatic

Super Heavyweight
Lots of food, lots of sleep and veggie powder with a multivitamin mixed in. That's my usual stuff though but if I get a little less sleep or just for the heck of it I will throw in some sambucol (not alcohol) cold and flu lozenges that have elderberry, honey and a bunch of vitamin C. Elderberry is amazing for anxiety, being sick and preventing getting sick.

Oh I nearly forgot. I am gargling with mouth wash and might gargle with some hot salt water because apparently the virus needs to incubate in your throat a few days before it can enter your lungs.

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Maybe a waste of time but I take :
Zinc, selenium, vitamin D high doses, vitamin c - 5000 mg, Quercetin, Ginger, acv, turmeric.
I take a few supplements for my liver and BP but since this virus - I upped my c, d, zinc, selenium, and started quercetin.
I get tons of flavonoids from my food everyday with berries in my Greek yogurt.

Bstatic

Super Heavyweight
I heard they were giving people in Britain quinine (what makes tonic water taste that way) tonic water used to be medicine actually. The amount in tonic water today isn't going to do much...

Affliction79

Seasoned VET
Maybe a waste of time but I take :
Zinc, selenium, vitamin D high doses, vitamin c - 5000 mg, Quercetin, Ginger, acv, turmeric.
I take a few supplements for my liver and BP but since this virus - I upped my c, d, zinc, selenium, and started quercetin.
I get tons of flavonoids from my food everyday with berries in my Greek yogurt.
What were you taking daily when you figure you got it?

My opinion is supplements help, but stress is number one. Positive mindset with proper stress control trumps (see what I did there) any supplement on the market by a million.

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
What were you taking daily when you figure you got it?

My opinion is supplements help, but stress is number one. Positive mindset with proper stress control trumps (see what I did there) any supplement on the market by a million.
I don’t figure I got it brother - I had a lot of the symptoms , well all the symptoms but I probably had the flu. It was just nasty and I posted the question to see what people had to say. Maybe others had the same. My main reason for thinking possibly is we have that PNP to fast track Getting Canadian citizenships and 95% or higher is Asian. They came in and bought our product - I would ask, for small talk, how long have you been in Canada and most would say we have been going back and forth from China for months.
To your question - I wasn’t taking zinc, Quercia, selenium, high doses of D, I was taking c and always take a rotation of supplements as I have some liver damage from mono. I was not taking most of the aforementioned.
Sure I have my days but I’m not stressed and it takes a lot to get me to loose my temper but I do have a bad one - thanks Dad and Mom. I have zero debt, I don’t owe a cent including my home, I just bought a new car with cash, we don’t live an extravagant life and are frugal and I am paid well as I do something very few people are trained to do. That isn’t bragging - we live in a small split home and don’t have fancy things other than my quad, because I don’t need them. I paid everything off before I spent any money and drove old second hand cars for ages until I earned my position. My wife is awesome, this virus doesn’t even stress me out. I have a bad temper and speak my mind - someone wrongs me I speak my mind and my stress is gone.
I agree with your statement by the way but life is a lottery - my mom was the most positive, only ate what she grew or bought organic, taught yoga for a living, never smoked or drank, and dies at 65 from a very aggressive cancer. Keeping stress down is so important and having a proper mindset on this pandemic but you could be super positive and still have some asshat sneeze on you and you get sick. I hear your point though and agree but some supplements do help your immune system and will disrupt viral replication.
@xpac2 - best advice is his, if you don’t have it and stay home you won’t get it. If you have to go out, wash your hands constantly and avoid getting close to people.
Thanks for your input @Affliction79.