What's new

Ufc 205 = wow

Thread starter #1

presa

Registered
Guess it was worth the wait...NY getting what might be the best card in the history of the organization.

jjslim

Registered
It does look amazing, and 207 is shaping up to be really good too. 206 in Toronto is getting screwed so hard. I had high hopes for it and was planning to purchase tickets to 206 but that's definitely not happening now.

tren

Registered
Fuck Dana's greazy bald ass for screwing me on 206. POS just couldn't sign the GSP contract eh. Goofball that guy, he's bad for the sport now, his days are numbered, no one likes him anymore, not the fans nor fighters.

With all that being said I still ended up paying over 2k for some good ass seats ;)

jjslim

Registered
Fuck Dana's greazy bald ass for screwing me on 206. POS just couldn't sign the GSP contract eh. Goofball that guy, he's bad for the sport now, his days are numbered, no one likes him anymore, not the fans nor fighters.

With all that being said I still ended up paying over 2k for some good ass seats ;)
Really eh you paid that much? I feel like the only thing they got right about 206 is the price point. Tickets are way less for this one than I've paid in the past for similar seating area. I had every intention of going providing they put a good card together. Never did I think it would turn out so bad. So now I won't be going. To be honest I hope the ACC doesn't sell out and I hope it does the lowest ppv buyrate of the year. It might send a message to the ufc.. To NOT FUCK WITH TORONTO! lol

tren

Registered
Really eh you paid that much? I feel like the only thing they got right about 206 is the price point. Tickets are way less for this one than I've paid in the past for similar seating area. I had every intention of going providing they put a good card together. Never did I think it would turn out so bad. So now I won't be going. To be honest I hope the ACC doesn't sell out and I hope it does the lowest ppv buyrate of the year. It might send a message to the ufc.. To NOT FUCK WITH TORONTO! lol
Haha I hear you. My girl loves the UFC and she's never been so I thought I'd do it big and get some premo seats. Section 119 row 5 so we should have a good view of everything. I use to buy floor seats before but you really don't get to watch the fights in detail, you're watching the main screen most of the time. She's short too so she wouldn't be able to see when people start standing up on the floor.

tren

Registered
Worst part is I'm hearing they might be doing less and less shows internationally including Vancouver and Toronto so thanks a lot UFC for selling out to conglomerate that's going to squeeze out every penny from the company LOL

2k ?? That's some expensive ass seats. Prolly guna be sitting beside some fighters ? International shows Don't even compare to the ones in Vegas. But if you're a fan it's totally worth going.

tren

Registered
2k ?? That's some expensive ass seats. Prolly guna be sitting beside some fighters ? International shows Don't even compare to the ones in Vegas. But if you're a fan it's totally worth going.
The seats are expensive because I had to buy them from StubHub, all the good seats were already bought up..

UFC in NY looks insane, the best card ever on paper. The prelims look amazing as well, Edgar is fighting on the prelims as well as Tate. UFC 206 is looking like shit right now but I think the ufc is going to add GSP to the card and they''re using this ufc vs gsp thing as a marketing tool. UFC 207 is looking very good as well. I want to see Cyborg on that card, maybe against someone like Holly but not sure if she can cut that last 5 lbs.

tren

Registered
Bisbing came out 2 days ago and said he's accepted a verbal agreement to fight GSP at 206 and the UFC has been negotiating it during the last week. There's still hope!

jjslim

Registered
Bisbing came out 2 days ago and said he's accepted a verbal agreement to fight GSP at 206 and the UFC has been negotiating it during the last week. There's still hope!
GSP already went on social media and shut it down. I don't think this is a marketing tool at all. I think this really is a standoff. If they had an amazing card to show off I'm sure they would. They just don't lol

Yeah GSP also made up with the UFC and Dana. I think he will be fighting Bisping at ufc 206. Bisping just passed GSP for most wins and GSP will definitely want to change that. This fight makes sense and I think this is a way to market the fight. Get GSP to say he's a free agent and get fans mad and then have Bisping call him out. If they would've just announced that GSP was fighting it would draw a lot of attention but not as much as if they played this card. I would be shocked if GSP is not fighting in the UFC in 2016.

tren

Registered
Yeah GSP also made up with the UFC and Dana. I think he will be fighting Bisping at ufc 206. Bisping just passed GSP for most wins and GSP will definitely want to change that. This fight makes sense and I think this is a way to market the fight. Get GSP to say he's a free agent and get fans mad and then have Bisping call him out. If they would've just announced that GSP was fighting it would draw a lot of attention but not as much as if they played this card. I would be shocked if GSP is not fighting in the UFC in 2016.
My thoughts exactly.. After the Mega fuckup with McGregor I can't see a conglomerate like the UFC take another black eye in a situation where they could have actually made huge profits over Dana being a goofball. They can't be that stupid... right?!

The ufc can be pretty stupid. Since the new owners took over they are the ones who turned down the GSP deal. The new owners don't know anything about fighting but do know entertainment. The ufc want more fighters to be like Conor instead of GSP, they want people who can talk instead of being really good at fighting. I think GSP and Bisping both know they are going to fight in Toronto but it hasn't been made public until the timing is right, maybe in a week or 2 then they will announce it.

tren

Registered
I hope you're right, but I don't know what they gain holding off on the announcement because there's so many tickets yet to be sold. Then again the place would sell out in 10 seconds if GSP is on the card so it might be irrelevant.

All I know is if they don't come through with GSP I'm probably going to hunt down Dana and skin him alive. I'm obviously joking but that's exactly how I feel at this point.

They know the ACC will sell out they are not worried about that what they're worried about is paper view sales because this is where they generate their money. If they hold off a little longer and announce it before an event then they can start promoting it but they don't want to interfere in promoting ufc NY