What's new

Upcoming Endo appt questions

Thread starter #1

Xero88

Registered
Hey guys,

So long story short, went to my doctor with signs of low test (trouble sleeping, lack of energy, no libido, etc etc). Doctor orders Free testosterone to get checked, comes back as 92 pmol with a range of 196-636 pmol. Doctor is sending me to see an Endo soon as result.

Question is what am I to expect to happen? I'm assuming the endo will want to run more blood tests over a couple months to fully assess everything and offer changes I can make to lifestyle, diet, etc and as a last resort offer TRT?

Really hard to say what to expect as it varies from doc to doc and their idea of the best protocol. Generally your thoughts are pretty close, more tests and a look at past\current lifestyle.. diet, exercise, stress, sleep, health, etc.

TRT however shouldn't be looked at as a last resort if the numbers back the symptoms and an effort is being made to live a healthier, better life. Testosterone is a valid medication to treat many specific medical conditions.

kato

Registered
My Endo doctor was horrible. The tests showed I was low, kept sending me for more blood work(which was fine). But at the end he said, “ yes your test is abnormally low but I treat people who have no test or are doing a gender transition”. Then he went on to explain to me how raising your testosterone levels to normal levels doesn’t really help, it’s more of a placebo effect. He then wanted some more blood work done, I ended up finding a private clinic, they sent me for a bunch of blood work, listened to my issues and wrote me a script. I’m now almost all dialed in and feel great! The placebo affect sure works, maybe I just should have taken some sugar pills for the same effect! Lol. I hope your Endo doc is way better then mine. Good luck.

Mnemonic

Registered
Vet said it right, the Endo will do testing to see why your test is low in combination with questioning your lifestyle.
He will ultimately determine the cause and see if TRT treatment is the right option.

Hopefully you don't get the run around with Clomid therapy or just HCG on its own.

My Endo doctor was horrible. The tests showed I was low, kept sending me for more blood work(which was fine). But at the end he said, “ yes your test is abnormally low but I treat people who have no test or are doing a gender transition”. Then he went on to explain to me how raising your testosterone levels to normal levels doesn’t really help, it’s more of a placebo effect. The placebo affect sure works, maybe I just should have taken some sugar pills for the same effect! Lol. I hope your Endo doc is way better then mine. Good luck.
It's more of a placebo effect in the sense that it shuts down natural production and replaces it with what you put in exogenously? HAH. How ignorant, reminds me of an endo I dropped who wouldn't prescribe an AI despite high E2 because I wasn't a woman with breast cancer.

How old are you X???? these fuckin doctors dont like giving test to no one!! Even if you low on test!! Smh!then you feel better takin test then fuckin say it a placebo effect fuckoff doc!!

Last edited:
Assuming that the endo is adhering closely to Endocrine Society guidelines, he or she will most certainly want repeated bloodwork demonstrating low testosterone. T levels fluctuate significantly depending on time of day, how much sleep you got the night before, etc. One low test level does not justify TRT. So you're looking at 2-3 blood tests over several months.

In recent years there's been much more focus on so-called functional hypogonadism - low testosterone due not to true dysfunction of the hypothalamus, pituitary, or testes but rather secondary to metabolic dysregulation associated with obesity and diabetes. Assuming you're not obese or diabetic, this wouldn't really apply. If it does, then the endo might advocate for weight loss, gaining better control of your diabetes, etc, prior to considering testosterone replacement.

Last edited: