What's new

Victor Richards

Super Heavyweight
A humble and low key 1990' s mass monster who rarely gets mentioned with the others from that time frame. Probably because he never really completed (if I recall he did some small shows when he was young) but I feel he would have definitely been a top 10 at any Mr. Olympia back then.

16 years old
16yearsold.jpg

17 years old
17.jpg

18 years old
18yearsold.jpg

20210412_144249.jpg

BC

Administrator
He would have had far more credibility in the bodybuilding realm had he not continuously referred to himself as "the uncrowned Mr. Olympia" while never having the fortitude to put it on the line.

I'll never discredit the magnitude and mass of Vic's physique and I don't doubt that he would have done some damage on the IFBB stage, but when you're claiming to better than Ronnie yet won't stand toe-to-toe with him you just kind of end up looking like an asshole.

Rucker

Super Heavyweight
but when you're claiming to better than Ronnie yet won't stand toe-to-toe with him you just kind of end up looking like an asshole.
Wonder if he suffers from a victim mentality. Everyone's always out to get him, yada yada. Meanwhile he just never took any opportunities. It's rare for someone to excel in something to have that trait, but not completely unheard of.

BC

Administrator
Wonder if he suffers from a victim mentality. Everyone's always out to get him, yada yada. Meanwhile he just never took any opportunities. It's rare for someone to excel in something to have that trait, but not completely unheard of.
Not to mention him pulling the race card in the article that was attached. Meanwhile, during Vic's era the sport was dominated by Flex, Ronnie, Chris Cormier, Kevin Levrone, Shawn Ray, Paul Dillet, etc. Doesn't exactly lend credence to the IFBB being a sport full of evil white supremacists when like 9 of the top 10 were all black as night. Similar to LeBron whining about racism in basketball nowadays.

Anyways, didn't mean to turn this political but this kind of nonsensical rhetoric just ruins whatever credibility these guys would have had otherwise.

Vic had a wild physique and I'll just leave it there for simplicity purposes.

Super Heavyweight
There is not much information and videos on him and I have not seen any where he calls himself the uncrowded Mr. Olympia. Not saying that didn't happen i just haven't seen it.

My understanding is he completed 4 or 5 times in the mid to late 80's losing the teen competition to Rich Gaspari in 82.

I did read that there were issues between him and the Wayne DeMilia ( possible because of the way he got his pro card) and that he often said he wouldn't do the Mr Olympia because he wouldn't get a fair shot.

All I know is he looked confident standing next to Paul Dillett, Milos Sarcev, JPF, Flex and Dorian Yates in 1994 Germany and was the last to leave the stage.

***edit
The 1994 video of him posing with Yates in Germany he did apparently from an article I just read he did pay the commentator to introduce him as the uncrowded Mr Olympia.

Last edited:
Reactions: BC

Super Heavyweight
Anyways, didn't mean to turn this political but this kind of nonsensical rhetoric just ruins whatever credibility these guys would have had otherwise.
Always like to here and value any senior CJM members response.

*** there were also always questions and about his real age some say he was born in in 1964, 66 or 67.

Last edited:

Upjohn

VET
I liked his look back when 👍 I new about his 'un-crowned' MrO yada yada too. Didn't know he pulled the race card but typical pussy bs. Didnt c Bob Cicherillo pissing n moaning about taking him a lifetime to get his pro card eh? Just put in the hard work yr after yr.

Personal think Vic was afraid to lose/not place well. I am sure there is some psychological name for having that condition , afraid to lose and don't even try kinda deal.

Too bad cause cause he would of done well!! Always thought his nickname should of been 'Mr. Test Suspension' 😄