What's new

Vitamin C for fatty liver and liver protection

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight

Ironic as 800 mg of vitamin E is a known treatment for fatty liver and oxidative stress - this particular study shows vitamin c had a much more profound effect. This was a study on rats and they were choline deficient so it is what it is - just info. I found another study and can't find it right now that the combo is often the first line attack or treatment for fatty liver. Both giving protection to your organ.
We are not rats so as I said - it is what it is but I find it interesting all the same.
take care,
GR

Regular

Lightweight
Hey Golden, more awesome information.

Vitamin C and E are both part of my current regime; however, I was only taking 400 of vitamin E per day. Also, I'm switching from a "time release" form of vitamin C to power and will be taking 'as much as possible, without causing stomach upset for diarrhea - This was advice from my previous TRT physician.

Please do post the other study you refer to, I'd be very interested to read it.

Thanks again for taking the time to research and share your findings, you are appreciated.

R.

Last edited:

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Hey Golden, more awesome information.

Vitamin C and E are both part of my current regime; however, I was only taking 400 of vitamin E. Also, I'm switching from a "time release" form of vitamin C to power and will be taking 'as much as possible, without causing stomach upset for diarrhea - This was advice from my previous TRT physician.
I take 5000 mg of vitamin c daily unless I feel a cold coming on, I might jack it up a bit. I take 400 E in the AM/PM. They are a staple in my supplement regimen and I make sure I get lots of vitamin c from food sources as a food source is always better than a pill.
I did injections before for Vitamin C - most painful son of a bitch of a shot lol. Burnt for an hour.
I find it interesting if your healthy - 10,000-15,000 might give you diarhea if taken in a short time but if your really sick - you can take 50-100,000 and never get diarhea. Your body is using it for something. I've tested this theory over and over and it is always the same.
There was a time naturopath docs were pushing once a month ascorbic acid flushes - there are formulas out there - basically cleans out the entire system. Plan to be near a bathroom all day lol.
Hope your well.
GR

Regular

Lightweight
LOL, ya in the past I did get the shits if I dosed too high. I found that around 8,000 per day spread throughout the day I can tolerate. Thanks again, I'm going to increase my Vit E to 400am AND pm as I was only once a day previous.