What's new

Vitargo, Maltodextrin, Waxy Maize, or Karbolyn Is there REALLY a difference??

Thread starter #1
I've always seemed to get by using Malto with my PWO shakes... but lately... My massage Therapist, and bodybuilder buddy Ian has mentioned Vitargo. He suggested taking a scoop Pre with 10g BCAAs and then a scoop post waiting 15 minutes and then having 50g pro isolate 10g glutamine and a serving of progressive greens...

He know's what's up.. and is in great shape... https://instagram.com/ian_casiple

Regardless... what do YOU guys use in your shakes... if at all... and what makes you choose one carb source over another?

I really enjoy paying $15 for 5lbs of Malto... over $60 for 5lbs of Vitargo... but if it's really that exceptional.. I might give it a shot... :)

Thanks!

burner

Registered
I've been wondering the same thing. Dude at the supplement shop was trying to sell me that stuff the other day. I just can't see it making enough difference to justify the HUGE price difference. I'm sticking to malto for now, because a guy has got to draw the line somewhere...

snowpatrol

Super Moderator
Why are you taking quick carbs pre/postWO? The optimal timing would be intraWO for any kind of HBCD

Thread starter #4
I'm not personally taking them then that's what he recommended... I usually take slow acting carbs pre (about 45 minutes before.. whey and oats)... however I do use Malto post... you don't think post is deal for quick carbs like malto? I usually have that RIGHT when I'm done training... and then a slow burning carb fueled meal an hour later...

snowpatrol

Super Moderator
I'm not personally taking them then that's what he recommended... I usually take slow acting carbs pre (about 45 minutes before.. whey and oats)... however I do use Malto post... you don't think post is deal for quick carbs like malto? I usually have that RIGHT when I'm done training... and then a slow burning carb fueled meal an hour later...
IntraWO nutrition is highly underrated imo...tons of guys do fine without it but I think they'd do even better with it.

If you're on top of intraWO then the postWO feed isn't as mission-critical, you can shower, drive home from the gym and eat some real food.

Thread starter #8
Banned #12
I've always seemed to get by using Malto with my PWO shakes... but lately... My massage Therapist, and bodybuilder buddy Ian has mentioned Vitargo. He suggested taking a scoop Pre with 10g BCAAs and then a scoop post waiting 15 minutes and then having 50g pro isolate 10g glutamine and a serving of progressive greens...

He know's what's up.. and is in great shape... https://instagram.com/ian_casiple

Regardless... what do YOU guys use in your shakes... if at all... and what makes you choose one carb source over another?

I really enjoy paying $15 for 5lbs of Malto... over $60 for 5lbs of Vitargo... but if it's really that exceptional.. I might give it a shot... :)

Thanks!
vitargo is way better theres a reason why the pros use it, i get 13lbs of vitargo for just under $100 :)

bernbar

Registered
I use Karbolyn over Vitargo as well, and really like it. I use 50g PWO with something flavoured for an extra 10-20g carbs, then 30 mins later follow with my batch of supplements (BCAA's, etc) and pure iso protein. Works well for me, it's the highest that insulin gets for me as I don't eat any other carbs normally with the exception of cheat meals, and is probably one of the best supplement combo's I've discovered. Heightens that "zen" feeling you have after an intense workout.

Vitargo works too, but I couldn't deal with the crazy gassiness/cramps that came with it. I had to stop taking it. That's when I moved to Karbolyn.

I don't know if there's a huge difference, or if it's the same or what's up. But I've used Waxy Maise and had TWO VERY DIFFERENT products both labeled waxy maise. I believe the product was called Vitargo? I've actually seen to different products labeled vitargo with the first one I tried being HEAPS better.

The original one I had was imported from the US, I can't remember the brand but it came in a grey tub with blue and white writing on it and I believe it was the original brand that came out with it for bodybuilding I believe it said Vitargo on the bottle it had some creatine in it I believe as well.

Everything else I tried that was labeled waxy maise was utter bullshit compared to it. Like night and day. One mixed up smooth and easily and had a weird melted candle smoothness to it. I could take 60grams of this stuff and have no stomach distress, carb right up like a king and be hungry again like 30 minutes later.

The other stuff labeled as the exact same ingredients just wouldn't mix, had the solubility of corn starch and tasted a hell of a lot like corn starch, except worse for mixing. I would be bloated and feel like ass for hours afterwards.

Did anyone ever try that original vitargo stuff, would have been 2005ish.

Looks like I'm going to have to study up on the new carbs out there. Lately my post workouts are 30 grams bcaa's 30 grams iso, three cups of frozen fruits with a lot of pineapple in it and some creatine and a bananana - been growing like a pro. Seems like a good idea to get some actual healthy whole food and nutrients instead of powdered carbs? I suppose it's a different story if you're feeding the 'slin.

Thread starter #16
Vitargo is completely different then waxy maize... The stuff is awesome... I use HBCD from canadian protein... Pretty much the same as Vitargo... Mixes great too...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk