What's new

Waist trimmer band during cardio?? Sounds stupid buuut....

Synyster

Rookie
Those waist trimmer bands which seem to me like theyre made out of the same material as a wetsuit. Fit your midsection really tightly and trap in heat big time.
Supposed to increase fat loss in the area due to increased temperature and increased blood flow to the midsection. Of course, most of us agree that its a bullshit gimmick.

BUUT,

Yesterday I skimmed through a couple of Ronnie and Jays old DVDs that follow them around. And both guys were using them to do cardio. Jays was first thing in the AM, and Ronnie did his at night after work before his final meal and sleep. They werent wearing them to promote a certain brand or anything.

And farthermore, Jay appled sort of gel on the band where it touches the skin too. Im assuming like those gimmick topical fat loss agents. But once again he wasnt promoting any brand at all. Didnt show a brand name, didnt say anything about it. An average watcher wouldnt have even noticed.

So....WTF??
Do these guys know something we dont?? Are they using some new fangled technology that actually works like these things claim to??

Thanks for your time

S2KG

Rookie
I call 100% BS on this shit working... Your body will take calories from any which way whenever it can get em. It's not going to burn fat from a specific area because of some spandex shit. The body isn't (Intelligent like that) Fat will get lost all over, never from a specific area, no way to target it.

Maybe you can target abdominal fat if you inject L-Carnatine, I've seen studies that prove this, but thats way off topic in this case.

StRoNgOnE

Vet
If he was using DMSO gel with Epidril or Yohimbine or something... it may have a bit of merit... but I figure this'll make a marginal difference... and ONLY once you're contest ready... BF wise...

pooterson

Rookie
I can't really see it doing any sort of far burning but...

It's proven wearing a tight waist belt throughout the day will suck your waist/stomach in. It's Been done for years. Back in the day females would to it to the extreme so it is possible to train your waist with a tight belt.

With that being said who knows how safe it is with your stomach being squeezed like that for along period of time.

Also my gf keeps talking about this product called (sweet sweat) that you apply on areas before your workout and she say it seems to be spot burning fat